Oh Say It Ain't So...

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:20 am
"One of the deals King was strongly considering is with Golden State, for point guard Baron Davis, center Andris Biedrins and a third unidentified player. In addition to Iverson, the Warriors would get backup center Steven Hunter. While a source close to one of the players involved called the deal "done," the Sixers remain quiet about where they will be sending Iverson." NY Daily News

I swear if they pull this trade off, it will go down as THE most ridiculous, stupidest, mind-boggling, bone-headed move Mullin has made...

and he's made some pretty stupid moves...

GOD, PLEASE say this is just typical NY gossip-type bullshiet...

For Iverson???? Fricken siiiick...
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:38 am
Yeah tell me about it.

Our starting PG, our best big in the last few years, another player for AI.

I did see this:

"What they're also saying in front-office circles: Iverson's camp got word to Sacramento and Golden State that he's not in a rush to relocate to Northern California, either."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&id=2695408

It's the second paragraph in the story.
23 hours of my day are spent wondering what to do with my hour of spare time...
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:12 am
Oh lord no. Please don't bring AI to the Bay Area. I will go to any Warriors game I can just to boo his ass. Don't bring that "superstar" to the Bay Area. They don't need him, and he doesn't need the Warriors. God, you're giving up a good center (rare) and a PG playing out of his mind and giving it all for the team for a guy who chucks it even more than BD?

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:34 am
Wow... please Mullin prove to me that you are not this stupid! The only trade that could be worse would be AB and Monta. I cant believe Mullin is even thinking about giving away biedrins! He should be untouchable! WHY CHRIS WHY! Mullin obviously does not know how to build around young pieces. Someone tell him young talented players are not just trade bait for older "veterans". Maybe hes just getting desperate after all these years with no playoffs, probly not fun being the GM with 12 years in the league but no playoff teams.

I just dont understand what hes thinking sometimes...
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:18 pm
You guys all need to chill out! Mullin hasn't done anything or said anything about who he's interested in trading for Iverson. Can't write off Mullin if he hasn't even said anything about it! Can't blame Mullin for being interested in Iverson! This is all media talk and rumors! The Warriors organization hasn't said sh-t about anything except that they are interested. The media's just firing this sh-t out to make news. It's all talk, talk, talk and no one from the Warriors has said anything!

Mullin's not that stupid to give up Davis & Biedrins for Iverson. Mullin has learned and grown as a GM in the last couple of years, so don't expect anything stupid from him anymore... especially if Nelly is on the sideline running the team, because we all know Mullin asks advice from Nelly from time to time. You're acting like Mullin is Gary St. Jean! He's not stupid!

Mullin's mistakes have only been overpaying unproven players! He's made great trades, great draft choices, and great free agent pick ups. With Mullin at the helm I know that when it comes down to a trade he'll do what's best for the team.

If this does happen... you can said "I told you so Josh" and I will walk away with my head down and very disappointed with Mullin.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:59 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:You guys all need to chill out! Mullin hasn't done anything or said anything about who he's interested in trading for Iverson. Can't write off Mullin if he hasn't even said anything about it! Can't blame Mullin for being interested in Iverson! This is all media talk and rumors! The Warriors organization hasn't said sh-t about anything except that they are interested. The media's just firing this sh-t out to make news. It's all talk, talk, talk and no one from the Warriors has said anything!

Mullin's not that stupid to give up Davis & Biedrins for Iverson. Mullin has learned and grown as a GM in the last couple of years, so don't expect anything stupid from him anymore... especially if Nelly is on the sideline running the team, because we all know Mullin asks advice from Nelly from time to time. You're acting like Mullin is Gary St. Jean! He's not stupid!

Mullin's mistakes have only been overpaying unproven players! He's made great trades, great draft choices, and great free agent pick ups. With Mullin at the helm I know that when it comes down to a trade he'll do what's best for the team.

If this does happen... you can said "I told you so Josh" and I will walk away with my head down and very disappointed with Mullin.

Who said I was writing off Mullin? I think its you who needs to chill out. And yes, this is all speculation and rumors by the media. DUH. Who said it was reality?

And of course it would be a stupid move. While Mully hasn't said anything, its not OUT OF THE REALM either. We don't know what the former #17 is thinking homefries. For all we know, this could be something he seriously considers.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:21 pm
Getting AI for any combination of Warrior players is OK by me. This team has not been to the playoffs in 12 years. AI is a guy who literally carried his team to the NBA finals and would thrive in a Nelson small ball lineup. Imagine Nelson putting AI at small forward. Imagine AI taking over in a big game and hitting the winning basket with time running out. Imagine the Warriors now having a go to guy who can create his own shot when a play breaks down. AI is about playing hard. AI is about giving 100% every night. This Warrior team can use a boafide superstar. AI thrived under an old school coach (Larry Brown) who had preached defense; AI will thrive under another old school coach who preaches offense (Nelson).
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:11 pm
You're all forgetting that, apparently, AI has said that he doesn't want to become a Warrior. Discussing any trade for him is irrelevant after that.
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:18 pm
TMC wrote:You're all forgetting that, apparently, AI has said that he doesn't want to become a Warrior. Discussing any trade for him is irrelevant after that.

I didn't forget, read the second post in this thread. :wink:

Nobody reads my posts, everyone just wants to watch my avatar.
I feel so used. :crybaby:

I think I will change my avatar.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:24 pm
ritchie wrote:I think I will change my avatar.

For the better, I hope (if that's possible). :wink:
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:51 pm
I don’t think Mullin is stupid enough to trade B Diddy and AB for AI either. I would love to see AI playing for the Warriors, but I don’t want Mullin to trade AB or Monta. I think it is okay to trade Baron because he is injury prone. Mullin should tried to get Chicago involves since they are interested in our worthless big man Murphy. This way, we might be able to dump Murphy’s huge contract and obtain AI without touching Monta and AB. ( I also think we should never trade J-Rich, he is doing bad because he is still injuried.)

:wink:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:23 pm
ritchie wrote:Who said I was writing off Mullin? I think its you who needs to chill out. And yes, this is all speculation and rumors by the media. DUH. Who said it was reality?

And of course it would be a stupid move. While Mully hasn't said anything, its not OUT OF THE REALM either. We don't know what the former #17 is thinking homefries. For all we know, this could be something he seriously considers.

Wasn't talking to you... My comments weren't aimed at you at all because you just stated the article quotes... Read the two posts after your first one... and that's who I was talking to... Thought you knew homefries... Next time I'll be more specific buddy. :?
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:18 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:
ritchie wrote:Who said I was writing off Mullin? I think its you who needs to chill out. And yes, this is all speculation and rumors by the media. DUH. Who said it was reality?

Wasn't talking to you... My comments weren't aimed at you at all because you just stated the article quotes... Read the two posts after your first one... and that's who I was talking to... Thought you knew homefries... Next time I'll be more specific buddy. :?

Sorry man, my bad. I was too busy watching my own avatar.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:51 pm
ritchie wrote:I was too busy watching my own avatar.

I'm always busy watching that. Ha!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:36 am
I don't believe Mullin would give up so much for Iverson!

Biedrins has to be kept

migya make the ring fall on ya
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball