Biedrins

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:40 pm
Nelson said today on KNBR he loves Big 'O' but he is too young and not ready, that Foyle for now is ahead on the depth chart .
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:00 am
Thunder wrote:Do you know what was weird about that draft? Biedrins actually wanted to be a Warrior. Props to him for actually feeling that way and to Mullin for making it happen.

No wonder he wanted to be a Warrior. Before the draft, the team (which means Mullin) promised to pick him if available. I'd love to go to a team that has made a promise to pick me. That speaks lots of the team confidence in the player.

Only think I can't understand is why did they pick POB in the last draft having Biedrins on board...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:31 am
TMC wrote:Only think I can't understand is why did they pick POB in the last draft having Biedrins on board...

Maybe he saw Foyle on the way out and with Taft such an uncertainty, he went for a Center to make it to definate roster Center on the team for now and the future. Makes some sense really because the Center position is the hardest to fill and he saw the chance to fill it

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:05 am
Yeah, they could have used depth at either the wing or center.

I too would like to see POB back up Biedrins more often, especially when in foul trouble. The W's aren't the same when they play Mike D at C and Pietrus at PF.

And, from what I hear, POB has been practicing very well and plays the same role on the court as Biedrins. But if Nellie doesn't think he is ready then so be it.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:15 am
Andris is been really impressive!
He was actually creating his own shots against Stoudamire! And made them!
It's great to see him playing fearlessly, the sky is the limit for this kid!

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:18 am
Andris is the best, but how Latvians say - Andris ir krutākais!!!
I hope that in future he will be a super star and after nuggets game I think that it will be so :)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:24 am
nazguls17 wrote:Andris is the best, but how Latvians say - Andris ir krutākais!!!
I hope that in future he will be a super star and after nuggets game I think that it will be so :)

I hope so. He had a tough time getting into the team these past two years, but right now is one of the best reasons to be optimistic for the future. The last few games are proof enough that he's our best inside big man. Let's hope he keeps playing like that and gets the praise he deserves.

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:03 am
TMC wrote:
nazguls17 wrote:Andris is the best, but how Latvians say - Andris ir krut?kais!!!

I hope so. He had a tough time getting into the team these past two years, but right now is one of the best reasons to be optimistic for the future. The last few games are proof enough that he's our best inside big man. Let's hope he keeps playing like that and gets the praise he deserves.

Maybe more than just our best big man?

Sure makes Murphy look like the mafia put his feet in concrete and then forgot to throw him into the river.

Reading body language is not exact, but AB seemed to be saying "hey, a little help here!".
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:02 am
nazguls17 wrote:Andris is the best, but how Latvians say - Andris ir krutākais!!!

welcome nazguls and all of our other recent members from Latvia. AB is blossoming before our eyes. He is the perfect center for Nellie's offense, he can run, rebound, block shots, and finish in the paint. He's FT shooting still needs work but is dramatically improving. I think you can almost say he's the best center Nellie has ever had. If he's not now, he will be shortly.

The emergence of AB and Monta gives us a lot of hope for the future
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:32 am
hobbes wrote:
nazguls17 wrote:Andris is the best, but how Latvians say - Andris ir krut?kais!!!

welcome nazguls and all of our other recent members from Latvia. AB is blossoming before our eyes. He is the perfect center for Nellie's offense, he can run, rebound, block shots, and finish in the paint. He's FT shooting still needs work but is dramatically improving. I think you can almost say he's the best center Nellie has ever had. If he's not now, he will be shortly.

The emergence of AB and Monta gives us a lot of hope for the future

absolutely...I am sure Nelson doesn't have fond memories of Ewing :wink:
I would put Ike in the hopeful mix when he returns...Monta, Andris and Ike and Pietrus are all reasons to watch...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:40 am
In GS team are 4 great young players....Pietrus, Monta, Ike and sure BIEDRINS.....In the futere this four player be best in NBA ;)
Karo4 Biedrinsh monstrs, gaidam naakamo tricaaru ;)
Biedrinsh the best

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:57 am
Biedrins the best!!!
:D :D
Tā turpināt!!!

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:13 pm
I am glad to see that here are many Latvians!!!
Latvians - Biedriņš gadījumā nespēlēs Latvijas izlasē???

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:03 pm
TMC wrote:
Thunder wrote:Do you know what was weird about that draft? Biedrins actually wanted to be a Warrior. Props to him for actually feeling that way and to Mullin for making it happen.

No wonder he wanted to be a Warrior. Before the draft, the team (which means Mullin) promised to pick him if available. I'd love to go to a team that has made a promise to pick me. That speaks lots of the team confidence in the player.

Only think I can't understand is why did they pick POB in the last draft having Biedrins on board...

well biedrins is suppose to be a pf, so if he keeps developing like he has, look for him to be a pf, and o bryant to be C if he developes as nellie see's, where diogu fits in i have nooo idea.. but i love the guy...just give it time, diogu and biedrins should start thats what im saying. diogu blocks more shots than murph and gives us more inside presence like big dre. **** murph he cant defend as well as ike, has more range but is slow and doesnt come close in post moves.. murph and dun mullin should have let go... dumb ass..
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:21 pm
How 'bout some props for tonight's free throws ???

4 for 5 = 80 Percent
And some folks don't believe in miracles.

PROPS TO AB for his FREE THROWS !!!
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball