Who Do You Wish Owned The Team?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Who'd be the best owner for the Warriors?

Chris Cohan
7%
Bill Gates
7%
Ted Turner
No votes
Run TMC
7%
Jessica Alba
40%
Mark Cuban
20%
hobbes
20%

Total votes : 15

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:42 am
Chris Cohan - Current owner... basically, everything would be exactly the same as it is now.

Bill Gates - Mulit-billionaire, capable of luring big free agents into the Bay with basically nothing more than a passing chuckle at the luxury tax. Sounds great on paper, but I think we'd want an owner that looks like he could take most women in a slap fight. Besides, from what I've heard, he's a Sonic's fan.

Ted Turner - Like Gates, he's got the pockets... but he's an Atlanta based guy who'd probably end up trading all of our budding young stars over to the Hawks in exchange for draft picks and bad contracts.

Run TMC - ESPN has reported a rumor of Grant Hill and Shaquille O'Neal interested in buying the Orlando Magic after they both retire. What if Mullin, Richmond, and Hardaway pooled their collective funds to purchase the Warriors? Sounds like the best option to me, so far.

Jessica Alba - We all know she's a Warrior's fan! She could personalize commercials by advertising games in nothing more than a Golden State g-string. It would get a HELLUVA lot of fans into the Arena. Problems I see: she may not have enough cash to afford it and I doubt Alba would know which way to point the Warriors when she took the reigns.

Mark Cuban - The most charismatic owner in basketball. If we could pry him away from his beloved Dallas Mavericks, we'd have quite a catch. However, this (like pretty much all of these choices) is nothing more than something of a pipe dream.

hobbes - The guy who runs the GoldenStWarriors.com forums! Somehow, hobbes wins the lottery (worth over 200 million) and gathers a few partners and investors to take part in a deal for the team! He continually makes decisions off the majority opinion based on these threads and topics! For the first time, the fans would run a team (which might not be the best thing).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:41 am
:shock:

Hobbes. Just buy those lottery tickets.

And Gates is a Sonics and Blazers fan (probably only human being on earth to be a fan of those two at the same time), and a part owner of the Sonics (with a really small stake on them).

Also, if I'm not wrong, Ted Turner sold the Hawks a few years ago...

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:29 am
I'll buy Jessica Alba!

I'd like to see Ed Debartolo.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:25 am
J.A. in an instint.....................
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:40 am
went wit Gates

C.R.E.A.M!
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:54 am
#32 wrote:Run TMC - ESPN has reported a rumor of Grant Hill and Shaquille O'Neal interested in buying the Orlando Magic after they both retire. What if Mullin, Richmond, and Hardaway pooled their collective funds to purchase the Warriors? Sounds like the best option to me, so far.

hobbes - The guy who runs the GoldenStWarriors.com forums! Somehow, hobbes wins the lottery (worth over 200 million) and gathers a few partners and investors to take part in a deal for the team! He continually makes decisions off the majority opinion based on these threads and topics! For the first time, the fans would run a team (which might not be the best thing).

Mullin, Richmond and Hardaway would care about the team all the time one would think, since they were players here.

Hobbes would get our opinions thrown at him all the time! That's great and could bring about the acquisition of one KEVIN GARNETT :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:02 pm
I'm pretty sure hobbes would give the thought a passing chuckle before dismissing it. And IF he was foolish enough to pitch an idea to Minny about it, I'd love to later read about how Minny laughed their ass off at us for proposing Baron Davis, Troy Murphy, Mickael Pietrus, and draft picks ::lol: ...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:05 pm
#32 wrote:I'm pretty sure hobbes would give the thought a passing chuckle before dismissing it. And IF he was foolish enough to pitch an idea to Minny about it, I'd love to later read about how Minny laughed their ass off at us for proposing Baron Davis, Troy Murphy, Mickael Pietrus, and draft picks ::lol: ...

The TWolves management would laugh............ at how stupid the Warriors managemnt was for offering so much talent for KG, the unhappy superstar who wants out! The TWolves would be over the moon in how they would now be getting so much young talent to start over without hitting rock bottom when the team was going nowhere!!!!!

The Warriors would be much better off as well and hobbes would look far better than Mullin ever has! :D

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:35 am
I'll throw in a suggestion. Eddie Debartolo. And to the choices? None of the above.

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:51 am
Oprah and Dr. Phil. The front office is dysfunctional, the team is perpetually in recovery. What a perfect fit!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:17 pm
::lol: @ the KG pipe dream!

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:39 pm
Well, maybe Bill Walsh, as long as we're plundering Stanford Athletics. How about a West Coast offense in basketball?

No, seriously, would Hobbes take the job?

Well, maybe George Steinbrenner. I guarantee we'd be winning, one way or the other!

Seriously, Dr. Jerry Buss.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:20 am
How about Boris Yeltsin :mrgreen:

Return to Warriors Basketball