50%
Davis
50%

Total votes : 4

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:53 am
TMC wrote:
loyaltyisacurse wrote:Actually, they could have if they were willing to pay the luxury tax, and obviously they did not.

No, they couldn't go over the cap to sign him, because St. Jean only signed him to a two year contract. That was St. Jean's mistake. Back in that day, you could only go over the cap to sign a player as long as you had the "Bird rights" to that player, which means that you could only go over the cap to sign him if he had been playing for the team for three consecutive years.

So St. signed the the first rounders to the usual 3+1 (team option) year contract and only a two year contract to Arenas. We just could not match any offer over the cap for him.

You are correct.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:54 am
O.G. broe wrote:Just some Wack time warped 70's live band singing disco love songs :sleeping: They should just have a good DJ spinning :headbang: Also the overall fan participation during the game especially when it counts the most is wack but so is the arena's rally efforts :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Too true! Everytime I go to a game at the Arena, I got some dipsh*t with his wife and kids (trying to be a big man) telling me to quiet down. People: it's a WARRIOR'S game! You're SUPPOSED to be loud and scream for your team! I can't stand our fans! I'm so serious; I think we got the worse fans in the league. Unloyal, silent, and spoiled. It's disgusting!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball