Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes : 24

Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:08 am
I want to see how many people on here feel about this trade.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:23 am
I voted yes for a few reasons...

1. We are overpaying Dunleavy AND Foyle and probably Fisher...Murph is on contract for 5 years at 50 million and hes not the type of Big Man this team needs to win. We need a big man with a low post skills who can create an in-and-out game. and the SAME big man needs to be able to guard all the power forwards in the West. (maybe the coach needs to try putting murphy on the block, maybe he can post up just doesnt get the chance???)

2. Artest is an All-Star, and if he leaves oh well at least we get cap space.

3. If there are no trades we are stuck with this same team for the next 4-5 years. I dont think anyone wants to see that....

Would rather move dunleavy for nothing, draft picks, expiring contract, bag of beans ect. to free up cap room, but as much as I like murphy he doesnt fit the current team well. We have enough guys who cant defend, but can shoot from the outside and sometimes drive to the bakset.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:34 am
No, no, and NO!

Murphy is a quiet achiever who's currently posting 20 and 10 numbers like the superstar he so rightfully should be regarded as. If we lose him, we'll be twice as bad on the boards (something that could BURY US in the post season). Murph is getting 18 points a game and Artest averages about 21. An extra 3 a night in exchange for Troy Murphy's 10 boards a night is crazy! I wont even mention Artest's headcase history! A Murphy for Artest trade only has TWO (very slight) advantages: it free's up the 4 spot to solve the Ike Diogu question and it gives us a proven perimeter defender. Aside from those, it's a crazy trade.

DON'T DO IT, MULLY! Haggle and whine until they take Dunleavy!!!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:11 am
Look what the new year bought it(how u doing 32)

#32 wrote:No, no, and NO!

Couldn't have said it any better.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:42 am
#32 wrote:No, no, and NO!

Murphy is a quiet achiever who's currently posting 20 and 10 numbers like the superstar he so rightfully should be regarded as. If we lose him, we'll be twice as bad on the boards (something that could BURY US in the post season). Murph is getting 18 points a game and Artest averages about 21. An extra 3 a night in exchange for Troy Murphy's 10 boards a night is crazy! I wont even mention Artest's headcase history! A Murphy for Artest trade only has TWO (very slight) advantages: it free's up the 4 spot to solve the Ike Diogu question and it gives us a proven perimeter defender. Aside from those, it's a crazy trade.

Come on. You said in other thread that Artest is the seventh top player in the league and now you don't want to trade Murph for him...
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:19 pm
murph gets 16 1/2 points a game and 8 1/2 boards a game. Not quite a 20-10 player. I love Murph, and he has been one of my favorite warriors. Earlier in the season any talk of this trade would have reallyh pissed me off. But the way Ike's been playing (and the fact that he'd be playinf his natural 4 spot if Murph left) makes the trade sound a little more intruiging. Yes, losing murph would hurt us on the boards, which could be a liability, but the defensive iimprovement would be huge.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:38 pm
How does anyone know that Artest won't ask for a trade 2 months after he's here?

I dont trust him and 1 player never did make a team.

If I hear something from Ron Artest personally that shows he's matured some, I'd consider it, but no.

No way for Murphy
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:40 pm
i AGREE.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:56 pm
I've kept quiet on this because I like Murphy, but he has said that he does not want to be an inside player. I saw him interviewed when he said this, he said he just doesn't like all the banging inside. If this is the case then I think he has pretty much hit his peak as a Warrior. His numbers are great, but I really would like to watch the W's play a couple of playoff rounds and if Artest makes us tougher and a bit meaner, then I'll take the trade. I found an interesting stat on NBA.com a few months ago and I think it reflects how "nice" we are. The Warriors were last in the league in opponents getting ejected per game. I bet with Artest making everyone a little meaner, this will change as we frustrate the opposing players more. I know it's a stretch, but I think it kind of makes sense.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:05 pm
[
quote="jsw548"]I've kept quiet on this because I like Murphy, but he has said that he does not want to be an inside player. I saw him interviewed when he said this, he said he just doesn't like all the banging inside. If this is the case then I think he has pretty much hit his peak as a Warrior.

Thats what ive been saying all along. If Murphy doesnt become a low post presence hes pretty much useless to the Warriors. Dont needa anotha outside shooter/non defender.....Indiana does though..perfect match.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:41 pm
jsw548 wrote:I've kept quiet on this because I like Murphy, but he has said that he does not want to be an inside player. I saw him interviewed when he said this, he said he just doesn't like all the banging inside. If this is the case then I think he has pretty much hit his peak as a Warrior. His numbers are great, but I really would like to watch the W's play a couple of playoff rounds and if Artest makes us tougher and a bit meaner, then I'll take the trade. I found an interesting stat on NBA.com a few months ago and I think it reflects how "nice" we are. The Warriors were last in the league in opponents getting ejected per game. I bet with Artest making everyone a little meaner, this will change as we frustrate the opposing players more. I know it's a stretch, but I think it kind of makes sense.

can i just prop u right now.. artest will give us a more lowpost presence than murphy.. gaurenteed.hes listed as 6'7 260 someone say beast! whoever thinks our roster right now is capable of winning the division isnt thinking straight. With artest we definitely get a better chance ALOT better. bring artest asap. please.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:58 pm
when was the last time Murph actually had a 20-10 game?
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:14 am
Our roster isn't the problem! It is the organisation on the court! If this team ran more and played a defensive scheme where Baron and JRich played tighter defense and Diogu started blocking some shots, with Biedrins and Foyle blocking some as well, this team would win far more! We have tons of talent! Baron, JRich, Murphy, Diogu, Pietrus..... plenty of talent! It is the coaching and organising that needs to improve!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:59 am
jsw548 wrote:I've kept quiet on this because I like Murphy, but he has said that he does not want to be an inside player. I saw him interviewed when he said this, he said he just doesn't like all the banging inside.

He really said that?. Then he wants to become another Terry Mills or what?. If that's how he feel, I say we're better off trading him...
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:30 pm
keep on voting guys
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball