DEMARCUS COUSINS SIGNS WITH DUBS FOR MLE!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:03 pm
Wow! Can't dislike this move - the upside outweighs everything.

All Star
» Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:48 pm
Ha ha ha!

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:59 pm
Totally shocked. The nba is a sham now and though I'm happy because it's the Warriors it really makes the nba not balanced.

Wonder how Durant took the news. :mrgreen:

All Star
» Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:55 pm
Bad for the NBA but I’m lovin it! If Silver didn’t rig the finals in 16, none of this would have happened.

Site Admin
» Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:22 am
migya wrote:Totally shocked. The nba is a sham now and though I'm happy because it's the Warriors it really makes the nba not balanced.

Apparently Boogie called all the players (at least our top 5) after talking to Myers and Kerr, they had something like an internal call/meeting and everyone was more than on-board. I imagine KD is cool with it, especially since his $5 mil discount shows he cares about this team.

The thing that is really crazy is that he called Myers! Bob said he was shocked, that this was something he never even considered... nuts.

Hey guys, remember when we prayed for the chance to way overpay any decent FA, only to have our hopes dashed by a more attractive FA destination? When the only way we could acquire talent was via one-sided trades or the draft? Could you imagine then that we'd have 5 top 15 players? That the best center in the league would sign with us for peanuts and that it'd be considered a great move for HIM?

We truly are experiencing something great.

All Star
» Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:31 am
JREED wrote:
migya wrote:Totally shocked. The nba is a sham now and though I'm happy because it's the Warriors it really makes the nba not balanced.

Apparently Boogie called all the players (at least our top 5) after talking to Myers and Kerr, they had something like an internal call/meeting and everyone was more than on-board. I imagine KD is cool with it, especially since his $5 mil discount shows he cares about this team.

The thing that is really crazy is that he called Myers! Bob said he was shocked, that this was something he never even considered... nuts.

Hey guys, remember when we prayed for the chance to way overpay any decent FA, only to have our hopes dashed by a more attractive FA destination? When the only way we could acquire talent was via one-sided trades or the draft? Could you imagine then that we'd have 5 top 15 players? That the best center in the league would sign with us for peanuts and that it'd be considered a great move for HIM?

We truly are experiencing something great.

Great post, JR!

Ownership, the front office, the coaching staff, and the players are all vertically aligned with the mission to compete and win championships, and we fans are truly fortunate to witness this.

The Cohan-Mullin-Nelson troika of entertaining-era-of-meritocracy is finally, now, in the rear-view mirror.

Site Admin
» Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:02 pm
uptempo wrote:Ownership, the front office, the coaching staff, and the players are all vertically aligned with the mission to compete and win championships...

Well, not to start a circlejerk here, but that might be my favorite use of an industry buzzword, it's absolutely applicable.

I know Lacob became the butt of a lot of jokes for his "light years" comment, but literally nobody is laughing now, at least not outside of this organization. Additionally, there was plenty of backlash against fans for "owner worship" from Bay Area writers (Kawakami), but where are those articles now?

The only criticism anyone has of this franchise is that they're "ruining the sport," because they are so much better than everyone else. I cannot believe that this is the Golden State Warriors we're talking about...

Hall of Famer
» Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:50 pm
JREED wrote:
uptempo wrote:Ownership, the front office, the coaching staff, and the players are all vertically aligned with the mission to compete and win championships...

Well, not to start a circlejerk here, but that might be my favorite use of an industry buzzword, it's absolutely applicable.

I know Lacob became the butt of a lot of jokes for his "light years" comment, but literally nobody is laughing now, at least not outside of this organization. Additionally, there was plenty of backlash against fans for "owner worship" from Bay Area writers (Kawakami), but where are those articles now?

The only criticism anyone has of this franchise is that they're "ruining the sport," because they are so much better than everyone else. I cannot believe that this is the Golden State Warriors we're talking about...

It really is rather unbelievable that the Warriors are so good after being bad for so long. The rest of the nba can endure the team's success and the whole franchise, particularly the owners should have full enjoyment and get full credit.

All Star
» Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:39 pm
migya wrote:
JREED wrote:

It really is rather unbelievable that the Warriors are so good after being bad for so long. The rest of the nba can endure the team's success and the whole franchise, particularly the owners should have full enjoyment and get full credit.

Warrior Fans should take-in and savor this moment in the history of this franchise. It was not too long ago that we fans forced to endure Mullin's drafting of players like Andris Biedrins, Patrick O'Bryant, Ike Diogu, and Chris Taft and Don Nelson holding the team hostage with his own crazy demands to renegotiate his compensation package after coaching for just one season.