Welcome to Golden ST Warriors Jacob Evans!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:08 am
His draft reaction:

I don't know a lot about him, because I don't watch college sports, but everyone says he's an amazing defender that can guard 1-3. He had the ball in his hands in a lot of clutch situations, but wasn't surrounded with much talent offensively. Should be a good fit for much needed guard depth.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:33 am
Nice making the thread JREED.

I've spent a few hours looking at videos of Evans and he looks solid and mossy importantly, ready to contribute immediately. It is said that he plays well on both ends with multiple skills and as you said can defend 1-3. Likely the replacement for Mccaw who is a FA.

The team might have to find a PF if West retires so they might still have one or two more signings yet. I absolutely do not want Dwight Howard, who apparently is going to be bought out, but he likely want more than the vet minimum or MLE anyway.

Site Admin
» Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:23 pm
We just locked him down.

His D and NBA-readiness are definitely the two main selling points from all the praise and assessment. Some say his shot needs work (weird release), but, like I said, he was Cinci's main playmaker in clutch situations.

I heard that going after McCaw would signal that we don't trust Evans's offense, but it's not like McCaw was exactly killing it offensively before his injury.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:52 pm
The team needs to have a few young players so good on getting him. Interesting to see how he develops but Iguodala should be a great mentor.