Round 3 - Houston Rockets

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Mon May 14, 2018 3:49 pm
Only 3 hours to go...

Could be ugly for the Dubs with Scott Foster and Tony Brothers officiating the game. Coincidence or not, these two are synonymous with the Warriors losing. Brothers reffed our two loses this post season, and over the past 4 playoffs the Dubs are 7-7 with Foster reffing, 48-10 with all other refs :shock: then there's all that stuff about Foster being BFFs with Tim Donaghy (who wrote a book about fixing games).

Not saying that the league is rigged, at least not by the league office. If it's fixed at all, it's by individual refs trying to cover/beat a spread.

Oh boy this is going to get interesting after this just happened: Supreme Court strikes down federal law prohibiting sports gambling

Hall of Famer
» Mon May 14, 2018 8:36 pm
Great win by the team in Game 1. They did what they had to, they took it to them in the 3rd quarter like they usually do and took home court.

I'd like to see the team attack Harden when he is defending. Switch Curry or KD onto him and take it to him. They have to make both Harden and CP work defensively.

I think Warriors will win in 5.

Site Admin
» Tue May 15, 2018 12:39 pm
Dubs in 5 was my prediction too, but I'm leaning more towards a sweep at this point. Not a lot went their way to start the game and the Rockets came out hot, which dug us a couple deep holes early. Steph had a pretty pedestrian night and Harden can't play much better, but we still won relatively easy in the end, despite Houston making it interesting there for a bit. I can't imagine Houston will get many better opportunities than that.

What was up with Steph, though? He looked so passive besides when he had those drives on Harden or a big. He looked good last series and he doesn't look hurt. I guess he could have just had an off night.

Hall of Famer
» Tue May 15, 2018 8:43 pm
Yea Houston played their style and can't really do better, except maybe outside shooting.

Curry was the focal point for Houston when he was on defense so he may have been a bit tired or just the fact Klay and Durant were scoring so well. Curry still shoot over 50% so he did his part.

I would like to see the team attack Harden when he is defending, that'd be a great strategy. PnR him and have him defend either Curry or Durant. Think Mcgee could be used well inside offensively on switches where Harden is on him near the basket. Dump it to Mcgee inside with Harden on him on a switch and pound Harden, getting I his head a bit. Mcgee would also be good on Harden drives, challenging his shots.

Site Admin
» Wed May 16, 2018 12:29 pm
I think the strategy is already to go at Harden, you just have to look for it because Houston switches so much. Quite a few times it looked like KD or Curry were looking to draw him on a switch, and it worked pretty well with KD going ISO and Steph driving past him. The problem is that it forces more ISO for us, which is fine when we are able to get a missmatch, KD is lighting them up from mid-range, and they totally fail to guard Klay for the wide-open 3, but it's not optimal for us.

They were definitely focusing on Steph, but he still looked like he was deferring and passing early in possessions a lot.

All Star
» Sat May 19, 2018 2:59 am
Game 3 is the FINALS

Site Admin
» Tue May 22, 2018 8:26 am
Two days later... Well, I guess there wasn't a lot to be said about game 3. Steph finally looked great in that 3rd quarter - it really looked like guys like KD were trying to get him going, and it worked. Hopefully he's back for real now.

I loved when he yelled "THIS IS MY ****ING HOUSE!" After destroying Harden:
https://v.redd.it/42qhjosm54z01

All Star
» Tue May 22, 2018 8:35 pm
So SAD!......................... Rockets have outgrown the Warriors!

Hall of Famer
» Tue May 22, 2018 8:35 pm
Awful loss, they deserved to lose Game 4. Now it's a three game series and the team has to get the next two.

All Star
» Tue May 22, 2018 11:15 pm
Warriors don’t want it anymore! It’s all over! Houston isn’t afraid!

Hall of Famer
» Sat May 26, 2018 8:33 pm
Great must win. No CP it really should have been even easier. Game 7 will show if the team is serious or not.

Klay makes the difference and this game he was back to being more himself.

All Star
» Sat May 26, 2018 10:10 pm
Don't know if we can win game 7

All Star
» Sun May 27, 2018 3:16 am
Shoot, even in the first half it looked like the Rockets were going to run away with it. They were making the Warriors hesitate. It looks like at times Durant is intimidated. And Curry and Klay hesitate to take shots. And they get trapped in ISO. I can't believe the Rockets have made the Warriors scramble like this. I feel like the reason the Warriors killed them in the 2nd half was because the Rockets were just tired and didn't have Paul.

Very scared of game 7. If the Warriors start scrambling again and looking confused from the start, Houston could run away with it.

Site Admin
» Sun May 27, 2018 12:02 pm
migya wrote:Great must win. No CP it really should have been even easier. Game 7 will show if the team is serious or not.

Klay makes the difference and this game he was back to being more himself.

Klay just hasn't been getting enough touches. Sure, he's had some poor shooting games in this postseason, and in this series, but 14 attempts (which he's had that or fewer in 4 games this series) just isn't enough for one of the best shooters to ever live.

I've been screaming at my TV all series to get Klay the ball, bit instead KD has gone hero, iso ball far too many times, even Curry's taken far too many stupid shots (even by his standards because he usually makes them).

Defense was the key and it told bith ends of the stories of that 1st quarter and the rest, for both teams. Houston played great D in the 1st, bit struggled in 2-4, while it was the opposite for the Dubs.

We need to play Warrior basketball on both ends of the floor in game 7. If we do that, then we'll be going back to the finals for the 4th season in a row.

Site Admin
» Sun May 27, 2018 12:21 pm
Stairway Man wrote:Don't know if we can win game 7

This is stupid, stairway. You know damn well we can.

Curry and Klay hesitate to take shots.

Klay sure in the hell didn't hesitate to shoot, neither did Curry. Steph found his rhythm and started running our offense like a boss, while Klay was unconsciously rainning 3s like an absolute savage.

I don't see how you could watch this game and feel remotely discouraged. Sure, the 1st quarter was bad, but despite that early 17 point hole they went on to totally dismantle the Rockets.

And there's no way CP0 makes up that difference, especially considering that Eric Gordon has played really well. Plus we're without Iggy anyways, so there's no excuses.