Round 3 - Houston Rockets

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sun May 27, 2018 11:22 pm
I believe that tomorrow the Warriors will get off to a cold start. Houston will take a big lead with or without Paul. Curry will get 3 fouls early and Dray or Kerr will get a technical. The refs will be out to get us. Golden State will make a push in the 3rd and 4th, but will inevitably not be able to close the deal. That's what I believe. Part of it is that Silver wants Lebron to win the chip and if Houston plays with a gimpy Paul, anything is possible. You know it and I know it. This feels very much like 2015-16 when the Cavs came back from down 3 to 1. The NBA is so scripted.

Hall of Famer
» Mon May 28, 2018 8:35 pm
The Warriors won but they didn't deserve to. Truth is Houston shoot awfully from three.

wouldn't be a surprise if Cleveland wins if the Warriors keep this low level of play going.

All Star
» Mon May 28, 2018 9:03 pm
migya wrote:The Warriors won but they didn't deserve to. Truth is Houston shoot awfully from three.

wouldn't be a surprise if Cleveland wins if the Warriors keep this low level of play going.

Wow you think Cavs can beat them?

Site Admin
» Mon May 28, 2018 9:25 pm
migya wrote:The Warriors won but they didn't deserve to. Truth is Houston shoot awfully from three.

Migs, bro... The Rockets played well, but the Warriors decided to show up in the 2nd half (well, most of the 3rd was alright). We won this on the defensive side of the court, and we deserved to win.

Anyone thinking the Cavs are going to win is just not thinking clearly.

Hall of Famer
» Mon May 28, 2018 10:27 pm
JREED wrote:

Migs, bro... The Rockets played well, but the Warriors decided to show up in the 2nd half (well, most of the 3rd was alright). We won this on the defensive side of the court, and we deserved to win.

Anyone thinking the Cavs are going to win is just not thinking clearly.

This Warriors team has played well below their level, the whole season. Against Houston they were almost totally taken out of their way of playing and actually tried to outplay the Rockets at their style, a loss right their, mentally at least.

I think of the Jordan Bulls of the six championship seasons. They weren't perfect but played at their best 98-99% of the time. They won most of their games in the regular season and were always in control of each playoff series during those years. THEY GOT THE MOST OUT OF THEIR TALENT.

The Warriors got the most out of their talent the first two regular seasons Kerr was coach and were good, not great both those playoffs, losing games in some series that were awful.

This series against Houston was the culmination of the lack of desire, commitment and work ethic that this team has had this season and in all truth THEY DIDN'T DESERVE TO WIN BASED ON THAT AND DON'T DESERVE TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Stars, especially making the money some of these guys make, should be performing, for themselves (legacies or whatever) and the fans, who in reality pay their salaries.

All Star
» Tue May 29, 2018 2:00 am
Would be so embarrassing if the Warriors lose to the Cavs. They shouldn't but I also thought the Houston series would be easier. Imagine if Love, Korver, and JR just start striking from distance and putting hear into the Warriors hearts. The Warriors looked like deers in the headlights at times. Let's hope King James doesn't psyche them out.

Site Admin
» Tue May 29, 2018 10:02 am
True, this Warriors team has occasionally failed to play up to their potential, but I feel like you both are overlookimg the fact that the Rockets were the no. 1 seed, beat us in the regular season, and, by their own admission, "were built to beat the Warriors." They got hot at times and our shooting faltered; they played good team defense, but ours was better in the end.

This team showed real grit in games 6 and 7 - getting off to poor starts, things not going their way, having to hang in their to make their move. Whether it was individual offensive heroics by Klay or Steph, the Rockets choking, or both, they still did what they had to win. I don't care what it looks like as long as they come out on top (barring dirty play).

Also, losing isn't pretty. Couple that with some ugly stretches in our wins and I guess I can see how you might feel like they are less deserving.

Ultimately, I don't understand how anyone can say they don't deserve to win... because, in your opinion, they didn't appear to give it 100% the entire game? Because they aren't winning by a monster blowout every game? Jordan's Bulls had game 7s, they were also blown out at times, and their playoff win % wasn't much better then Kerr's Warriors.

How absurd is it that we're comparing this team to the Jordan Bulls, yet arguing that they don't deserve to win? This is crazy talk.

If the Dubs go on to easily beat the Cavs in the finals, then this series is forgotten.

All Star
» Tue May 29, 2018 10:15 am
JREED wrote:True, this Warriors team has occasionally failed to play up to their potential, but I feel like you both are overlookimg the fact that the Rockets were the no. 1 seed, beat us in the regular season, and, by their own admission, "were built to beat the Warriors." They got hot at times and our shooting faltered; they played good team defense, but ours was better in the end.

This team showed real grit in games 6 and 7 - getting off to poor starts, things not going their way, having to hang in their to make their move. Whether it was individual offensive heroics by Klay or Steph, the Rockets choking, or both, they still did what they had to win. I don't care what it looks like as long as they come out on top (barring dirty play).

Also, losing isn't pretty. Couple that with some ugly stretches in our wins and I guess I can see how you might feel like they are less deserving.

Ultimately, I don't understand how anyone can say they don't deserve to win... because, in your opinion, they didn't appear to give it 100% the entire game? Because they aren't winning by a monster blowout every game? Jordan's Bulls had game 7s, they were also blown out at times, and their playoff win % wasn't much better then Kerr's Warriors.

How absurd is it that we're comparing this team to the Jordan Bulls, yet arguing that they don't deserve to win? This is crazy talk.

If the Dubs go on to easily beat the Cavs in the finals, then this series is forgotten.

I don't think this series is forgotten cuz Rockets had no Paul. They provided a blueprint.

Hall of Famer
» Wed May 30, 2018 1:40 am
JREED wrote:True, this Warriors team has occasionally failed to play up to their potential, but I feel like you both are overlookimg the fact that the Rockets were the no. 1 seed, beat us in the regular season, and, by their own admission, "were built to beat the Warriors." They got hot at times and our shooting faltered; they played good team defense, but ours was better in the end.

It is actually easy to see JREED, the team is much more talented than the Rockets and their playing style is much better and less energy and thinking consuming. The Warriors should have swept Houston and won every game comfortably. Had CP played the last two games Houston would have won.

Site Admin
» Thu May 31, 2018 6:52 pm
I can see what you guys are saying, but I just think you both have unrealistic expectations. Every team is going to have some let downs, and I didn't hear a lot of moaning when we lost to the Spurs or Pels.

I honestly think you're mistaking a lack of panic for a lack of urgency.