New Orleans - Round 2

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:29 pm
We need Steph, at least at some point. The D will be our anchor and bring NO back down to earth - not playing against a pack of midgets will do that - but the offense looks bad for long stretches. The Pels won't play D like the Spurs, but we were missing some open shots.

I want to see them force feed Klay the 2nd he strings a few buckets together. Let KD distract AD inside, and work the PnR.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:58 pm
From what I saw and heard NO played great defense against Portland. The team will have to play well offensively. If Holiday and Rondo perform anything like they did against Portland Klay will have to be huge, on both ends, but others will have to contribute. NO isn't that deep but there starters do well. The likes of Livingston and Iguodala have to contribute. Think posting up Rondo with Livingston would be a good strategy in spurts.

Think Curry won't be back for at least another week.

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:39 pm
Dubs hit the century mark in the 3rd, up 30+... Damn this was a blow out and I'm typing this with 10 min left in the 4th.

Sounds like Steph will be back for game 2, but I don't think there's any rush at this point. NO needed this game without Curry and they simply didn't belong on the same court. Of course I'm pretty sure no team beats us when we play like this.

We did get the benefit of the officiating, but not by that much.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:28 pm
Great must win. It all went pretty much like planned, Draymond scored well also and is playing like an elite player the last three games.

Think Curry should play next game if he is ready, no point keeping him out. I think sweep right now.

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:05 pm
Honestly, I don't see much point in playing I'm unless they're absolutely sure he's close to 100% or the Pels win a game or two. I'd like for Steph to get some PT, but I'd rather have a rusty Steph then a gimpy one (ie 2015-16).

101-123, and it wasn't even remotely that close.

Hall of Famer
» Wed May 02, 2018 2:36 am
Good win in Game 2 by the Warriors. Curry played great in his return and looked like they would have lost if he hadn't. They need to defend NO's backcourt much better, Klay got outplayed by Holiday in this one.

They held homecourt like they were supposed to.

Site Admin
» Thu May 03, 2018 1:38 pm
Curry was great, asides from his 6 TOs, but his +26 and the team being something like -24 without him on the floor shows just how important he is to this team. I don't think we would have lost if he didn't play because we would have had a different game plan and have played without a true PG for weeks.

Draymond was a beast.

This game likely kills any chance the Pels had at making this a series, but I wouldn't mind seeing another close game or two.

Hall of Famer
» Thu May 03, 2018 8:19 pm
Curry's effect on the team is unlike most players in nba history.

I'd like to see the team win easily in the two next games :)

All Star
» Sat May 05, 2018 4:16 am
Looks like The Pelicans aren't scared. We had Steph too.

All Star
» Sun May 06, 2018 5:01 pm
We are too deep, I am focusing my attention now to the Rockets. Honestly I have not watch enough of them to fully analyze them. I will say this, finding a way to stop Harden will be key, he took his handles, and that step back move to another level.

Hall of Famer
» Sun May 06, 2018 5:37 pm
A big win to go up 3-1 and now coming back to Oakland to close it out. Durant was huge and he can make himself look like a star that steps up in the big games to won series.

I look forward to seeing Curry and Durant against Houston and if they outperform Harden and CP.

Hall of Famer
» Tue May 08, 2018 10:54 pm
Easy win in Game 5 and onto the Rockets in the WCF. Being on the road to stay should be different but it will show how good the team really is. Jordan and his Bulls did that in 1993 and 1998 and now the Warriors have to show they are real champions.