Outrage over Zaza's "dirty play" - turns out he is innocent.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:35 am
Zaza's play last night:

He clearly intentionally fell on Westbrook, right? Well, look at this angle:

This evidence, that clearly proves that Zaza's leg was hooked by Nick Young's foot and that it at least wasn't "clearly intentional," has been out shortly after the original clip, but none of the haters care. They are either wilfully ignoring it, or refuse to acknowledge it.

Rather than chopping it up to something like, "haters gonna hate," I think it's more nuanced than that... They're scared; the NBA and fans of other teams are scared, looking for something to help them rationalize how good this team is, because "surely they can't been that much better than my team!" Or judging by how so many are calling for Zaza to get suspended and kicked out of the league, they're looking for intervention from the league, hoping Silver will save them by taking away one of our pieces...

Anyways, Zaza is innocent, the Warriors are that good, and the NBA is f*cked!

All Star
» Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:00 am
Now that you showed me that angle, I believe it. At first I was buying into it because there have been so many incidents that have to do with Pachulia, that it started to seem that if there were any more incidents, he must be guilty. But clearly, he was hooked on that one. Westbrook did say in the interview that Pachulia is dirty. Even with this evidence, other fans say it's on Pachulia to hold his balance. Lol one guy wrote that he may stop watching the NBA because of how the Warriors cheat and that one day he would teach his kids to be good people and everything the Warriors are not.

Remember in the San Antonio series, Bayless nicknamed him Zaza ''Pa''cheap''-shot. He said that Zaza was the Warriors MVP and even though we have 4 all stars, we were down 23 to the Spurs in game one, and needed Zaza to win it. Skip Bayless till this day still claims Warriors would have lost the series, based on game 1, and he always makes Zaza the scapegoat.

All Star
» Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:30 am
And I’ve been talking to more fans and they will not listen. They just say Zaza should be trained to hold his balance. They are very hostile. Now they say Zaza is a 7 foot 285 pound beast and has no business trying to injure little guys. Funny cuz I don't recall people talking about Zaza like he was oversized. Now they are making him seem like he's a bully who's Shaq's size. Before it was Bogut. Now Zaza is considered the goon of the NBA. Zaza Pacheap shot, the hockey goon, the reason why San Antonio lost last year according to Skip. Lol, Aldridge was the one that tried to injure Durant and nobody said anything.

All Star
» Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:56 pm
These fans literally wanna attack me when I defend him. They are irrational with Pachulia. Even with proof Nick Young clipped him they just say he’s 300 pounds and should be strong enough to not fall and tell me to take medication for defending such a tyrant.

Site Admin
» Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:45 pm
Bayless is a huge Spurs homer, they don't take losing well and look forward any excuse. It's laughable to think they would have won that series based on how they played in one game and the injury.

Yup, many people refuse to consider the evidence. This is a symptom of a much greater issue; internet debate is a plague. I won't rant too hard, but the problem these days with arguing with people online, or in general, is that they refuse to see, hear, or believe anything that isn't 100% inline with their current beliefs. Stubbornness and ignorance isn't new, but the internet provides safe places for those with particular beliefs to have their ideas and feelings validated in echo chambers. Furthermore, anyone can find some form of confirmation of their feelings from "alternative facts" and other like-minded individuals (even a vocal minority).

Most people that believe Zaza is dirty have already made up their minds that this was a dirty play, no evidence will change that. I've seen some insane mental gymnastics played on this topic, and haters reaching so far as to break down the biometrics of the fall, "he could have landed different" "that's not a natural fall" "he's clearly staring at Westbrook's leg" "his hand didn't slip, he moved it on purpose." It's ridiculous.

I thought it was really funny when Kyrie came out with his expert opinion that the play was intentional, and how everyone cited that as some sort of evidence. This is coming from a Flat-Earther; A grown man that believes the Earth is flat!!!

Rookie
» Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:07 pm
Stairway Man wrote:Now that you showed me that angle, I believe it. At first I was buying into it because there have been so many incidents that have to do with Pachulia, that it started to seem that if there were any more incidents, he must be guilty. But clearly, he was hooked on that one. Westbrook did say in the interview that Pachulia is dirty. Even with this evidence, other fans say it's on Pachulia to hold his balance. Lol one guy wrote that he may stop watching the NBA because of how the Warriors cheat and that one day he would teach his kids to be good people and everything the Warriors are not. (...)

I still think Zaza blew that over proportion and kinda exaggarated ish....