GSW among early favorites to land Joe Johnson after his likely buyout from Kings

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:16 pm

I don't think ISO Joe will be a perfect fit for our play style, but we could really use a versatile scorer off the bench. This really could be huge for us.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:17 am
The team has more than enough good players, Joe Johnson would clog things really. No reason why McCaw and Young shouldn't be scoring reasonably off the bench at SG. West, Livingston, Iguodala and Mcgee can all score more than enough also.

Site Admin
» Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:00 am
I agree that we should have enough good players, and that all those things you said should be the case, but they haven't been, at least not up until the Spurs game.

McCaw is still timid, Iggy has been shy offensively most of his career (certainly since coming here), McGee can only play so many minutes, and I think Swaggy needs another scoring threat off the bench to help him get open looks.

West has been consistent, especially considering his position, and we need to give Caspi more minutes.

It doesn't really matter since it looks like Joe is going to the Rockets, which sucks.