[Thompson] There is a blueprint out there on the Warriors. Several teams have executed it really well

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:49 pm

I agree with Thompson to an extent, teams are taking advantage of our weaknesses right now, but it's not like we aren't fully capable of fixing them with the roster we have.

Turnovers are still our biggest killer, and something we can definitely fix because they're just mental mistakes and laziness.

The team's mindset of "we can turn it on when we need to" only works so much. I'm actually happy this mindset is catching up with them now, especially before the all-star break. Hopefully we learn from it and finish the season with a lot more intensity.

Definitely not time to panic, and this stretch doesn't mean we still aren't the best team, but the players certainly need a wake-up call.

Hall of Famer
» Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:07 pm
The team this season has been a bit more sloppy. The way Houston is going they might overtake the Warriors. The team should have won at least 67 games again but they are not going to and it is complacency and boredom more than anything else. They have to get the number one seed and they have to win that championship or there could be some rash player moves made by the FO this off-season.

It'd be a shame for the team not to stay close to what out is for another two seasons at least.

Site Admin
» Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:09 pm
migya wrote:...there could be some rash player moves made by the FO this off-season.

I don't see that happening regardless of the outcome, it just doesn't fit anything that we've seen from our FO. I do see some changes happening on the bench - even Livingston or Iggy (who is probably gone anyways), but our core will stay intact.

I'm sure the guys will get sick of losing, but I can see us struggling into the All-Star break, which can't come soon enough.

I think getting Bell back will be big for us too. We've been getting killed in the lane lately.