Lebron considering joining the Warriors?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:49 am
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2228 ... bron-james

Ha ha it's a story coming out. Could never see it happening. And wouldn't want it to. LOL, unless somehow the Rockets beat us and proved they were better, he'd have no excuse to come. Wouldn't want James here because we need someone to look forward to beating.

All Star
» Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:47 pm
Stairway Man wrote:LINK

Ha ha it's a story coming out. Could never see it happening. And wouldn't want it to. LOL, unless somehow the Rockets beat us and proved they were better, he'd have no excuse to come. Wouldn't want James here because we need someone to look forward to beating.

Why would anyone not want Lebron James on their team?

Lebron could play point forward, point guard, as well as point center.

With him, Lebron, Durant, Curry, Green and Jordan Bell as the starting lineup; and Young, West, McCaw, Jones, and Livingston coming off the bench, and McGee and others filling out the roster would provide interchangeable pieces, more bulk than we have now, and a team designed to win in the playoffs.

All Star
» Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:31 pm
uptempo wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:LINK

Why would anyone not want Lebron James on their team?

With him, Lebron, Durant, Curry, Green and Jordan Bell as the starting lineup; and Young, West, McCaw, Jones, and Livingston coming off the bench, and McGee and others filling out the roster would provide interchangeable pieces, more bulk than we have now, and a team designed to win in the playoffs.

And who would be our competition?

Site Admin
» Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:09 am
uptempo wrote:Why would anyone not want Lebron James on their team?

Because that wouldn't be our starting lineup nor roster; the statement was that he'd consider us if we could clear up max money, so that means:
  • The Cavs would have to seriously play ball in a sign and trade, and maybe a 3rd team because we'll need some MLEs to make it happen. Their owner is a crybaby, so this may not happen.
  • Livingston is definitely gone.
  • Zero chance we can extend McCaw (FA next season).
  • I don't see how people think we'd be able to keep Dray (definitely wouldn't be able to re-sign him in 2020)

We're already the best team in the league by a long shot, and besides not wanting to gut one of the GoAT teams for a 33 year old player, why risk it by sacrificing so much depth and potential chemistry? This isn't like getting KD. IMO, it's a lateral move.

The real question is, why would anyone not want to be on our team? Unless it's someone like Kyrie or LBJ that needs to be "the man."

Site Admin
» Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:14 am
Stairway Man wrote:And who would be our competition?

Who's our competition now? Certainly not the imploding Cavs with their toxic locker room.

All Star
» Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:57 pm
JREED wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:And who would be our competition?

Who's our competition now? Certainly not the imploding Cavs with their toxic locker room.

True, but in the 73 win year, didn't we make them implode in their locker room? Lebron was sending out all those tweets. Fired the coach. We had beaten them by 40. Up 3 to 1. Then all of a sudden whatever happened happened.

If Silver didn't step in and all those other things like the bad officiating to make it to game 7 didn't happen, then perhaps KD doesn't join the Warriors and then Irving stays on Cavs. But I feel Lebron sold his soul to the devil for that win. Plus... Lebron has formed a big 3 twice now... So he is part of the reason why players are doing what they're doing now.

But the crazy thing is that right now we aren't much ahead of Boston or Houston and Houston did beat us twice. In the NBA you never know what can happen, cuz we've seen crazy and questionable things happen in this business.

All Star
» Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:20 pm
Stairway Man wrote:... But I feel Lebron sold his soul to the devil for that win.

Did Lebron sell his soul when he blocked Iguoldala's shot?

Cleveland won that series vs the Warriors because they, the Cavs, were better in a seven game series; because the Warriors were both physically and mentally tired from trying to win in the regular season; and because the league had suspended Draymond. Draymond, perhaps the most underrated player in the league, got suspended, not for just what had transpired on the court between Draymond and Lebron, but because of what had transpired in the previous series vs. the Thunder (kicking Adams multiple times in the groin).

If acquiring Lebron can improve this Warrior team and its ability to win championships, then all Warrior fans should be aboard with this. Lebron is a transcendent, once-in-a-generation player, an all-time great, and has taken teams to seven straight championships.
Last edited by uptempo on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:33 pm
uptempo wrote:
... But I feel Lebron sold his soul to the devil for that win.[/quote]

Did Lebron sell his soul when he blocked Iguoldala's shot?

Cleveland won that series vs the Warriors because they, the Cavs, were better in a seven game series; because the Warriors were both physically and mentally tired from trying to win in the regular season; and because the league had suspended Draymond. Draymond, perhaps the most underrated player in the league, got suspended, not for just what had transpired on the court between Draymond and Lebron, but because of what had transpired in the previous series vs. the Thunder (kicking Adams multiple times in the groin).

If acquiring Lebron can improve this Warrior team and its ability to win championships, then all Warrior fans should be aboard with this. Lebron is a transcendent, once-in-a-generation player, an all-time great, and has taken teams to seven straight championships.
[/quote]

Lebron is a career loser though. He might actually break up the Warriors, plus they'd have to get rid of other players. Look at how he's about to destroy the Cavs franchise again. Nobody respects him and his antics. If he's so great, why doesn't it show in team success overall? Please do not bring up seven straight championships if you don't bring up 5 finals losses and the fact he's played in the weakest conference ever. We have to look at context here. Who has he made better? Nobody on his team ever respects him. Nobody. Love can't play with him, Thomas can't play with him, Bosh sacrificed, Irving hated him. Oh and then Dan Gilbert... Mike Brown... Coach Blatt... Is Tye Lue about to get fired to? The list goes on and on. The guy is so much drama. And now they say he's blaming the organization for Irving? I can see why Irving wanted no part of him. He's a one man show and a team killer.

I don't want him. Rather beat him. If he came here, he'd take away the stats of all of our players, we'd lose the championship and he'd say that he didn't have enough help because we couldn't fit in with him. His stats may look good analytically, but everyone else would suffer. He'd get Kerr fired too.

Site Admin
» Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:12 pm
It's definitely not fair, or accurate, to call LeBron a career loser. By that logic, so many great players throughout history are even bigger losers.

All Star
» Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:57 pm
JREED wrote:It's definitely not fair, or accurate, to call LeBron a career loser. By that logic, so many great players throughout history are even bigger losers.

But what I mean is for his ability he has underachieved. And his teammates are not happy with him.

I’m not a total analytic expert but did I read James has the worst plus minus in the league?

Something isn’t working

Hall of Famer
» Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:19 pm
Stairway Man wrote:
JREED wrote:It's definitely not fair, or accurate, to call LeBron a career loser. By that logic, so many great players throughout history are even bigger losers.

But what I mean is for his ability he has underachieved. And his teammates are not happy with him.

I’m not a total analytic expert but did I read James has the worst plus minus in the league?

Something isn’t working

Hang on there, Lebron may be quite the drama queen and so forth but he had been winning and been successful his whole career. I think his Miami team and his second stint Cleveland team had alot of talent and should have won like they did but he was always the main part of it.

All Star
» Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:42 pm
Lebron just blew up the whole team. Why does he never have players that can play with him?

All Star
» Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:27 pm
Stairway Man wrote:Lebron just blew up the whole team. Why does he never have players that can play with him?

Please stop with your ignorant drivel.

The Cavs' front office blew up, rebuilt, and improved their roster (without having to give up their Brooklyn #1 pick). The Cavs got younger and more athletic with today's trades. The Lakers will now have major salary cap space available at the end of the season.

Lebron is a pass-first, physically-gifted, small-forward who has led his teams to seven straight NBA finals.

Are the Cavs better today than they were yesterday? Probably.

Are the Cavs better than the Warriors? No, not at all (if the Warriors can get out of the West (tough task with San Antonio, Houston, and OKC)), I cannot see either the Cavs or the Celtics beating the Warriors in a seven game series.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:22 am
uptempo wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:Lebron just blew up the whole team. Why does he never have players that can play with him?

The Cavs' front office blew up, rebuilt, and improved their roster (without having to give up their Brooklyn #1 pick). The Cavs got younger and more athletic with today's trades. The Lakers will now have major salary cap space available at the end of the season.

Lebron is a pass-first, physically-gifted, small-forward who has led his teams to seven straight NBA finals.

Are the Cavs better than the Warriors? No, not at all (if the Warriors can get out of the West (tough task with San Antonio, Houston, and OKC)), I cannot see either the Cavs or the Celtics beating the Warriors in a seven game series.

Cleveland just pulled off some nifty trades, getting younger while still being talented but they are without a starting caliber PG, they'll have to get one this off-season maybe with that Net's pick.

Wade goes home to Miami to retire.

Personally, if I was the Cavs ' FO I would have gone hard to get either Anthony Davis or Cousins from NO. Maybe Cousins would be easier to get being injured and out of contract after this season and maybe the Nets ' pick along with Tristan Thompson and Frye would have worked. Think Lebron would stay there if another superstar like that was attained. Don't like Cleveland so good that didn't eventuate.

All Star
» Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:15 pm
uptempo wrote:

Why are there always issues with him and his teammates, coaches, and management? You are going to ignore that?

He's a pass first player, but he only wants you to succeed if he is the one to make you succeed. He only wants you to make the shot if he gets the assist. The most selfish unselfish super star ever. Did you know his teammates complained that he wasn't moving the ball, was holding onto it and was just trying to look for assists?