Rockets' Capela - "We are better than them." After win over Warriors.

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:51 pm
"We're confident because we know if we're doing what we're supposed to do, we're going to beat them," Rockets center Clint Capela told ESPN. "We've got to keep playing. We know that they're going to come back if we have the lead, and we've just got to keep that mindset. Sometimes I feel like, in the past, we were all dragging down after mistakes. But today, we were ready. I think that if we're doing what we're supposed to do on defense -- all the switches, the weak side -- and keep playing our offense by keeping that mentality all game long, we have the weapons to beat them.

"We are better than them."

Source

The Warriors aren't playing our greatest ball right now, but it's mostly because they know they can turn it on when they need to. The intensity is going much higher in the playoffs, and probably next time we face them.

I'm sure a part of Harden was recalling what happened after he said, "they ain't that good," about the Dubs a few ears ago, and thought about Capela's comment, "Y U DO DISS?!!?"

Of course everyone gonna say, "what's he supposed to say? They aren't better?" Just as they did in response to Harden's unfortunate quote, as if he only had 2 options, but that's such a dumbass thing to say. How many times have you heard our guys say something like this?

How many times has Tim Duncan said the Spurs are "better" or another team "isn't good?"

Better teams don't have to say they're better - they prove it on the court and with rings.

All Star
» Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:10 am
He got pretty happy with that win. You wanna know what else caught my attention? Max Kellerman said the Warriors are in more trouble than the Cavaliers. And Max seems like an honest guy.

Max says that the Rockets are good enough to beat the Warriors and are 17 and 0 when the big 3 are together. But what I don't understand is Max always gives Lebron a pass every time the Warriors beat him. He says the Warriors are just too strong and not possible to beat. But then he says the Rockets can beat the Warriors and the Warriors are in more trouble than the Cavaliers...

Even Stephen A Smith couldn't hold a straight face when Max said this. And Max seemed serious.

Site Admin
» Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:54 am
Yeah, that is a joke. I've liked Max in the past, but it seems like he's more and more embracing his Skip "Troll Job" Bayless role.

The Dubs aren't in trouble at all.