The reason why I don’t feel sorry for KD joining to beat Lebron

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:05 pm
For 2 reasons.

First, I truly believe the Warriors were robbed by the league in 16. The officiating felt one sided after game 4 and Adam Silver listened to Lebron’s wish by getting Green suspended. There were a bunch of injuries too and a heroic shot by Irving but I do feel like the league wanted a game 7,

Because the Cavs won, it allowed KD to come to the Warriors. If the Warriors had won in 16 and there was no controversy, I believe would stay and we would be in a situation now where 3-4 teams would be competing for a chip.

The 2nd reason is Lebron stacked the deck to try to win in the past. All KD did was one up him and join a better super team. Lebron has always done all he could to get the best trades.

So for these 2 reasons I cannot have any sympathy for King James. Yes, things would be more competitive for him if we didn’t have KD. But then that means he would have lost in 16. Don’t know about 17.

So to me it’s fair. He got Green suspended. Silver went with it. And as a result we got an even better super team.

All Star
» Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:09 am
I wonder if Lebron regrets not joining the Warriors. I remember the Warriors were interested. And instead of facing KD now, he could have been the player responsible for getting us this good.

I also wonder if Love regrets not joining the Warriors. Seems like he made a mistake.

Site Admin
» Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:18 pm
I know we haven't had a lot of discussion in general, but this feels like a dead horse...

We shouldn't feel sorry, or guilty, for signing KD. Other fan bases wouldn't. Other teams had a chance, but picked us, but of course other teams weren't already as good as we were... I don't think others really think we should feel sorry for this in any way.

I don't know if it was Love's decision to not come to the Warriors. I'm pretty sure we rejected the trade when MIN was firm on getting Klay. I also don't recall any talk of him possibly coming to us after that.

Also, I don't know how serious LBJ ever was about coming to us. There are too many speculative factors such as him sharing so much spotlight with Steph, being in the West, etc.

All Star
» Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:24 am
Alright maybe a dead horse. I had to ask what you thought about Lebron talking to himself on Instagram. When I was on Instagram and I saw it, I was thinking, Who is Lebron talking to? Did he write this to himself?

My thought was that this guy is so egotistical, even more than I thought... This is where I do agree with Skip Bayless. Lebron is so insecure with losing 5 Finals, that he has to convince us how great his legacy is by reminding us his stats. I don't think Lebron is motivated to win at the moment. I think chasing certain stats is where he's putting his effort in right now, even if it means making teammates upset.