I like Durant’s attitude about Lebron

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:04 pm
KD suggests he’s at least on the same level on Lebron and he stands by his claim. I love it. Never bow down to the king. Not only did we beat Cavs last year but this year even without Curry. KD outplayed James and we won on Christmas.

People are claiming Lebron is the greatest ever and KD claims he’s right there with Lebron.

I love it. And he’s not really wrong. Lebron is having a great statistical year and has the accolades and body of work to only help his case of claiming the greatest player of this generation.

But when you think about it, it’s not all about stats. If that was the case, then I guess from a production standpoint, Westbrook had a better season than Lebron ever did.

KD can score as well as Lebron and even better when he’s forced to. He’s the 4 time scoring champ. He gets baskets a lot easier than Lebron bevause of his length and good jump shot.

And KD has become a better shot blocker and defensive player than James. James has higher assists due to his high usage and ball domination. But I think you can make a case that Durant does everything else as well as Lebron.

When they match up against each other you never get the sense that James is outplaying Durant even if he records a triple double.

I mean, Lebron put up insane numbers in the finals. Irving did as well. And yet they couldn’t have been beaten in the series any more worse or it would have been embarrassing. KD still outscored Lebron and got the Finals MVP. I don’t know why the triple double means as much to some people.

It’s all about did you execute when it counts. KD made the shot in game 3 in Lebron’s face. Lebron didn’t drive the ball on Green in game 3. The way I see it is Durant has more guts than Lebron when the game is on the line. When Lebron takes a shot to win the game, he’s not as comfortable. He has to get lucky in order for it to fall cuz he doesn’t trust his shot. That’s the sense I get with Lebron. Jordan and Kobe shot to ball to win. KD now too. James shoots it and hopes he doesn’t miss. That’s where he falls short on my list.

Franchise Player
» Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:16 am
Always hated the nickname the King.

I know its part of Lebrons marketing strategy that Nike invested heavily in... Think his best nickname was "The Chosen One"

As for KD... LeBron is 1. KD gotta be 1A.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:12 am
I think Durant has always been one of the best during his career but he has never been quite as good as Lebron. Lebron is already a top 5 player alltime and still, in his 15th season having arguably his best season of his career, and many are already considering a possibility to be three best ever.

Durant has improved alot defensively and if he keeps his current standard for another three years he might even be a top 20 player alltime. Having him on the team has made the team one of the greatest ever and looks like for a few more years.

All Star
» Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:28 pm
migya wrote:I think Durant has always been one of the best during his career but he has never been quite as good as Lebron. Lebron is already a top 5 player alltime and still, in his 15th season having arguably his best season of his career, and many are already considering a possibility to be three best ever.

Durant has improved alot defensively and if he keeps his current standard for another three years he might even be a top 20 player alltime. Having him on the team has made the team one of the greatest ever and looks like for a few more years.

Well if Durant gets defensive player of the year and wins chip this year I don’t think you can say Lebron is in a league of his own. When u look at the fact that KD might be a better defender and scorer than Lebron, it narrows the argument for Lebron, at least when it comes to something tangible.