Omri Casspi

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:50 pm
I was pretty high on the Casspi signing, and I felt like he'd be a great addition to the bench almost immediately (even more than Swaggy in some regards), but his performance last night exceeded my expectations. I know it's only one real game (he'd only played something like 60 min all season), but he came out and played Warriors basketball better than any reserve has besides Iggy.

He's also obviously happy to be here:
Asked what it means to have a coach who spent his 15-year NBA career as a reserve and can share that kinship, Casspi needed a moment.

“Wow. I can’t even put it into words,” he said. “It’s the first time . . . he really knows how to get to me, coaching into my heart.

“As a player that comes into a team that obviously won championships, you know what you’re getting into, it’s really important for me as an individual that you have that relationship with your coach. And I feel like he really got to my heart. He keeps me going. He’s a very special human being . . . I’m enjoying this very much.”

That much was apparent Wednesday. He had submitted a fine line: 13 points, three rebounds, three blocks, two steals and one assist. He had played a total of 65 minutes over the first 11 games, and he was savoring the opportunity.

“I feel like it’s first time in my career, not to take anything from the different teams I’ve played with in the past,” he said, “but I feel like the way we play, our offense, our defense as well . . . I feel like I can play basketball and not think too much. Just play the game.”

Source

All Star
» Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:41 am
He is succeeding just like how Mcgee and Livingstaun revived their career under Kerr.