NO excuse for the Cavaliers

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:33 am
It's actually good that Wade signed up with the Cavs. Now if we beat them, they have no excuse. I know that their players have had their share of injuries, but on paper, I don't see how Lebron can have much more help. This is an extraordinary amount of help, especially for a guy that is supposed to be able to carry any team to the Finals. Let's look at who they have.

Isaiah Thomas, Derek Rose
Dwyane Wade, JR Smith
Lebron James, Jae Crowder, Kyle Korver
Kevin Love, Jeff Green
Tristain Thompson, Channing Frye

So to me, that is a super team. Thomas, Lebron, and Love is a big 3. Rose and Wade together should equal a 4th star. They have a very deep roster now. So on paper, they have no excuses now. If Lebron is really on a higher level than anyone else, well now he has more than enough help, at least on paper. So, it's a fair fight. Now it's just a matter of who plays better together and has the right pieces and I believe that is still us. But Lebron doesn't have any excuse now since he's playing with 5 other players who have made the all star team in the last 2 years or so. Think about that. He has 5 players with an all star appearance in recent years. Wade, Thomas, Rose, Love and Korver. If that is not enough help for Lebron, then I don't know what is. It would be like Jordan playing with Allen Iverson, Kevin Johnson, Prime Gugliotta, a slighty older Sprewell, and an older but still effective 3 point shooter in Jeff Hornacek with other 3 point shooters on the bench.

The sad thing is if we beat Cleveland, Lebron fans will say that he didn't have enough help and still put up great stats. I mean Livtingstaun wasn't considered a truly serviceable player until he came to our team. Same thing for Javale Mcgee. We make these players look good. So no more excuses for King James and the Cavaliers. They have the talent, but it's all a matter of who plays together and plays more team oriented basketball.

All Star
» Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:17 pm
Wow Lebron has Wade, Love, Derrick Rose, and Isaiah. Plus Tristin Thompson, JR Smith, Channing Frye, Kyle Korver, Jeff Green and Crawder.

All Star
» Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:58 pm
I know some people think I'm taking things out of context. But remember... Lebron is supposed to be the greatest, a tier above everyone... KD isn't supposed to be in the same sentence according to Lebron fans.

So from a talent perspective, having Isaiah Thomas come back mid season when he averaged 29 points, a 19 and 11 Kevin love, a still good Derek Rose on the bench and Wade who still averaged 18 last year plus many good bench players and 3 point shooters on the bench such as Frye, JR Smith and Kyle korver should be enough for King James if he make everyone around him better and is leagues above every other player.

It's fair and square and lets go for it. Lebron got all the players he wanted and gets to rest the whole season in the East. It's fair game.

Site Admin
» Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 pm
I don't think LBJ, or the Cavs, had an excuse last year. Both teams were reasonably healthy, and the better team won. It was nothing like the two before with key players being either out or injured.

If the Dubs go on to face and beat LeBron 2 or 3 more times in the Finals/playoffs, people will look back on his career and say, "yeah, but it was the Warriors superteam era." That could be viewed as an excuse, but not one he'd personally be making for himself. It'd be a dumbass excuse for anyone to make, because the same could be said for countless other players that played against a generational team (Barkley vs Bulls, Malone vs Bulls/Lakers, etc.).

The Cavs have a great roster on paper, but they won't be playing anywhere close to an optimal level with IT being out for the first part of the season and so many new pieces that will need time to figure out strengths/weaknesses, and develop chemistry. So even if the Cavs roster was on par with the Warriors (they aren't) they'd still be at a disadvantage.

Honestly, I hope the Cavs are better this year, and that they put up a fight in the Finals. I'd love to see a game or two, or even a series, that's a PG duel; Steph and IT going off, not so much LeBron vs KD.

I'm excited for the season to tip off tomorrow.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:39 am
Cleveland almost has the talent the Warriors have but key pidces are past it; Wade and Rose. Thomas will have to big for them to be clear cut best in the East. Boston is pretty stacked and even Philadelphia is very talented and could surprise.