It's not our fault other teams can't shoot like Warriors

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:32 am
I don't know if this post will make sense but I want to rant. The people that say the Warriors are making the league look bad and boring are the same people that say Curry is overrated because all he can do is shoot threes. Well it's not our fault that their teams cannot shoot like us. Just like it was nobodies fault that nobody could beat Jordan. All you can do is try to up your game and improve your own shooting to give yourself the best chance to win.

I mean all these people say Westbrook is so great. He gets triple doubles and plays his heart out. Well, if he's so great and if Harden is so great, then stop complaining that we're just great because we shoot better.

Lebron was a triple double machine of his own. He had Kyrie Irving alongside him, one of the best closers in the game. And Love, who was putting up decent stats. Plus a very good, better than average bench. So Lebron is a great star, if you're gonna call him leagues above everyone else, then don't complain about our super team and then just call us a team with one superstar, 2 shooters and an overrated role player. You can't have it both ways. Because some of you fans would have no problem if Lebron teamed up with Cousins, Westbrook and some other star. You'd have no problem. If you think we are just too good then fine, but don't start saying that we can't handle Isaiah Thomas, Crawder, Love and Lebron, but then complain that it's not fair when you lose. You can't have it both ways.

For all that claim Harden is better than Curry and doesn't have enough help.. Well now he has Chris Paul. And I think his team made the most 3 pointers ever. So don't talk about how Paul and Harden are better than Curry, say Green is a role player, and then complain about how we are too good and it's not fair. You can't have it both ways.

If the only reason Curry is great because he can shoot, then your team needs to learn how to shoot better. And if it's so difficult to shoot substantially well, then stop calling Curry overrated. You can't have it both ways. If Green is only a star because he is a product of a well coached system, then your team needs to coach better and develop a better system. Can't have it both ways.

All Star
» Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:55 am
Stairway Man, you touch upon an interesting topic: how the other teams in the NBA are attempting to emulate/copy the Warriors vs. developing a strategy, coaching philosophy, players, and a system to both win and possibly beat the Warriors.

Other than San Antonio and now Minnesota, I do not see the other teams in the NBA attempting to build rosters and systems which can slow down the game, work the ball inside to the low block on offense, and play a game of possessions and defense.

Previously, Memphis (with Gasol and Randolph) and possibly OKC (with Adams and Kanter) had caused the Warriors to play a more "half court game" than other NBA teams had.

Regardless of what other teams and NBA pundits/beat writers may be complaining about with the Warriors, other NBA teams will have to come up with strategies to defend the Warrior pick-and-roll, especially when a bigger player switches and has to guard a Curry or a Durant, which presents nightmare defensive adjustments for opposing teams.