I Love watching Lebron squirm

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:25 am
He's been making tweets again. This time he tweeted, ''Never let another ride your wave.'' Was referring to Kyrie Irving. Kyrie Irving wants out of Cleveland.

Wasn't Lebron having problems with Love a while back, too? I remember him making cryptic tweets about Love. ''Stop trying to find a way to fit OUT and Fit in.''

You see, this has always been Lebron's problem. He is the perfect player to start a franchise with from scratch. I'm not disputing that. Put him on a lottery team and he will take them to the playoffs. But put superstars next to him and the results are usually less than overwhelming compared to what you would imagine based on what's on paper.

Whether it's chemistry or style of play, Lebron seems to have problems playing with other stars. Irving doesn't want any part of him. But Irving is a great one on one player, so his game hasn't been too impeded by Lebron. But he has chemistry issues. Love's game never got better playing with Lebron in my opinion. Nobody really thinks of Love as a franchise player anymore. He's pretty much a spot up shooter. And then there's Chris Bosh who also became a spot up shooter and expressed how hard it was playing with Lebron, having to adjust his game to play with him.

People forget Lebron also played with Shaq. Now granted, Shaq was older, but Lebron didn't seem to raise his game.

Anyways, now Lebron is tweeting, singing that he'll never lose, telling people to never let someone ride their wave, and he even sang a sad song while subliminally dissing Irving. Hope Lebron moves to LA or tries to form another super team and only fails to us. Or if he stays in Cleveland, I hope he still makes it to the Finals every year only to lose to us. That would be great. I like watching this guy come up short and not be able to play in a team based system. No wonder Jordan ranked Kobe ahead of Lebron. Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless both agree that this guy is good for 3 quarters, but not so great in the last 2 minutes. Lebron doesn't have the energy left to close games because he relies on getting to the rim.

Site Admin
» Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:40 am
There you go referencing media trolls again - this time two of the biggest blowhards in the industry - but I agree with most of what you're saying; LBJ can be a cancer for a team of the other players don't fall in line.

I still think the way Kyrie handled that situation days a lot about him being immature, lacking a stronger desire to win over "getting his," but I see why guys like him don't like playing with LeBron. It's like James is an overbearing father, whom dictates what you're going to do, and how you're going to do it, but younger players might think, "I want to live my life, how I want to," and look to escape his grasp.

If LeBron was talking about Kyrie "riding [his] wave," it's even funnier because that's exactly what Irving is trying not to do. So James is definitely taking the L here by just spewing random rhetoric that doesn't apply.

Since this is the Warriors board, to make this comment Dubs related... I too would love to see him join up with some of his over-the-hill, banana-boat buddies in LA, only to be devastated by us. I'd also love to see him confronted by the realization of how his poor choices, selfishness, and arrogance, have ruined his chances at another ring.

All Star
» Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:10 pm
So today Lebron tweeted, ''When I get back Home in LA.''

Lol, Lebron does have a home in LA but he knows that we will read into this. Maybe he really does want to play on the Lakers after all. Be funny with him there and the drama of Lonzo's father.

I just want to keep beating him. Hope he stays in the East so he can keep losing finals. To us of course. But I have always loved watching James lose in the Finals, especially in 2011 when Dirk put his team on his back. He should have lost in 2013 too when he committed 3 turnovers in the last minute, but Ray Allen saved him.

All Star
» Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:11 pm
I do believe that on a team with no stars, James is the best player to lead them. Arguably as ideal as Jordan.

But I've never really seen him make good players better. Has he ever played in a true system? I doubt he'd be better for the Warriors than KD. Curry definitely improves the system. With Lebron it's difficult to gel with him but players like Richard Jefferson and Dellivedova improve because they are fine with being spot up shooters and hustling on defense for him.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:54 am
Seems like Lebron is planning on going to the Lakers and apparently so is Paul George. I've got a feeling that Lebron, and maybe the other stars that join him there, will take quite a bit less than max salary as well, allowing for maybe Westbrook, who I read was also out of contract after next season, to go there as well. Westbrook at SG, with Ball at PG, George at SF and Lebron at PF would definitely be close to as talented as has ever been but probably won't work too well (too many ball dominant players) and won't out do the Warriors.

All Star
» Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:16 am
The chess move for Cleveland, Lebron, and Boston would be for the Celtics to package a bunch of their draft picks and Al Horford; get another team involved to move a veteran, and pick up Lebron to team up with Thomas, Crowder, Hayward, and young talent. This trade also gives Cleveland draft picks to build young talent around Kyrie, and keeps Kyrie and Lebron out of the West.

I am concerned that if the West becomes even more talented with both Kyrie (to Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, wherever???) and Lebron (LA), then the league will have an Eastern Conference will have no chance to win against the top four Western Conference teams.

All Star
» Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:18 am
uptempo wrote:The chess move for Cleveland, Lebron, and Boston would be for the Celtics to package a bunch of their draft picks and Al Horford; get another team involved to move a veteran, and pick up Lebron to team up with Thomas, Crowder, Hayward, and young talent. This trade also gives Cleveland draft picks to build young talent around Kyrie, and keeps Kyrie and Lebron out of the West.

I am concerned that if the West becomes even more talented with both Kyrie (to Houston, Minneapolis, Phoenix, wherever???) and Lebron (LA), then the league will have an Eastern Conference will have no chance to win against the top four Western Conference teams.

Well if all the stars end up in the West, I think that Silver would immediately get rid of the conferences and just have a best of 16 in the playoffs. It would be fun to do that because then you never know who you're going to face in the Finals.

All Star
» Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:40 am
Stairway Man wrote:Well if all the stars end up in the West, I think that Silver would immediately get rid of the conferences and just have a best of 16 in the playoffs. It would be fun to do that because then you never know who you're going to face in the Finals.

I couldn't disagree more. Then why even have the playoffs just play the regular season and crown a champion

Hall of Famer
» Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:57 pm
uptempo wrote:The chess move for Cleveland, Lebron, and Boston would be for the Celtics to package a bunch of their draft picks and Al Horford; get another team involved to move a veteran, and pick up Lebron to team up with Thomas, Crowder, Hayward, and young talent. This trade also gives Cleveland draft picks to build young talent around Kyrie, and keeps Kyrie and Lebron out of the West.

Cleveland would be smart to try to pry two or three starters from Boston, knowing that Irving will likely leave whatever team he is on after next season anyway. Something like Irving for Thomas and their 3rd pick, forget his name, would be a coup for Cleveland.

All Star
» Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:39 am
mullin17 wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:Well if all the stars end up in the West, I think that Silver would immediately get rid of the conferences and just have a best of 16 in the playoffs. It would be fun to do that because then you never know who you're going to face in the Finals.

I couldn't disagree more. Then why even have the playoffs just play the regular season and crown a champion

Well why can't they just have the best 16 teams in the playoffs in a 1-16 format?

Rookie
» Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:33 pm
I am. Damn, I miss the toughness we once had. That is nowhere to be found on our current roster. Love watching these guys. Up 6 with 4 minutes to go. I want tOSU