Warriors rejected trading Klay for Paul George

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:23 pm
As reported by several media outlets, and now confirmed by PG-13 himself, the Dubs turned down a trade purposed by Indy that would have been a straight swap of Klay Thompson and Paul George.

I doubt this comes as much to a surprise to most Warriors fans or people that know or pay attention to the NBA, but I'm sure many neutral fans are a bit shocked by this.

There are plenty of reasons for rejecting the trade, but the most obvious, or at least the most objective, is that Klay has two years on his contract versus George could be just a one-year rental. Ultimately, PG-13 might be the better player, but I think Klay is the better fit for us.

All Star
» Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:40 am
Well Klay is the 2nd best 3 point shooter ever and one of the best 2 way players. Wouldn't make sense to swap him for George, plus George plays KD's position.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:09 pm
If it aint broke don't fix it

All Star
» Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:00 am
Look for the warriors to take a run at PG13 next offseason

Hall of Famer
» Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:50 pm
mullin17 wrote:Look for the warriors to take a run at PG13 next offseason

Unless one of the four main players leaves there is not enough salary cap space to get him

All Star
» Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:31 pm
By the way.. Is Paul George really the better player than Klay? Klay is the 2nd best shooter ever, still a great scorer, and one of the considered best 2 ways players in the game. What exactly is it that George does that makes him the better player than Klay? Is it his playmaking?