Swaggy P Nick Young to Warriors!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:57 am
This should be interesting

All Star
» Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:17 pm
Wow now that I think of it, he makes some really tough 3 point shots. Sure, he has some weaknesses but one of the things the Warriors have lacked is a guy on the bench that can create his own 3 point shot. Not many players in this league can create their own 3 point shot consistently. Lebron does at time but isn't that consistent, Irving can create his own 3 point shot, and obviously Curry can. Lillard can as well. Then there's JR Smith and Jamal Crawford. So Nick Young is like one of those guys, but he's also an energizer.

He may be 32, but if you told me he was 26 I wouldn't notice. I think it will be fun to have someone like him that can create his own 3 point shot off the bench..

Wow. Our backup point guard is Livingston. Our back up shooting guard is Nick Young. Our back up small forwards are Iguodala and McCaw. And we still have David West for next year, plus the best Defensive player from college, Jordan Bell. This is amazing.

Livingston
Young
Iguodala, McCaw
West
Bell

For a bench unit, that doesn't even look bad as a starting unit. Amazing. Plus we have kept our core. So far it's...

Curry, Livingston
Klay, Young
Durant, McCaw
Green, West
??, Bell

Site Admin
» Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:37 am
Swaggy P was 1 of 3 players last year to shoot over 43% on 4.5+ catch-and-shoot threes. Probably stating the obvious, but Steph and Klay were 1 and 2. He's one of the best shooters in the league, and will flourish in our free-flowing, ball-sharing offense.

I don't know how good Young is at creating 3pt shots (given his catch-and-shoot rate), but I do know he's got a great turnaround J.

Since Swaggy is essentially replacing Ian Clark, he's gonna need to be more of a driver/cutter, since that's one of the things that's definitely Clark so effective - West finding him cutting to the basket. His 3pt shooting is obviously a huge weapon, but moving without the ball will be something he needs to improve on, as will his defense. When you put on the GSW uniform, you play defense.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:12 pm
don't forget to throw Casspi in the mix of bench players that can stroke the 3....We will probably be an even better shooting team this year than last thats scarey