WARRIORS FREE AGENT THREAD 2017

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:39 pm
I figured we have so many free agents this will help keep the board clean.

Welcome back David West!! For the minimum too!

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:41 pm
Good resign. Nice to have a veteran backup

All Star
» Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:23 pm
Iggy back for $48 mill

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:45 pm
Apparently Clark is going to Chicago. Would like to see how much he will get signed for and what the Warriors were offering because he will a backup like he was here.

Saw a video saying that Nick Young is a serious consideration to replace Clark and he is very interested as well. That would be a dynamite signing to say the least. Young is starting caliber and not old either.

All Star
» Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:52 am
migya wrote:Apparently Clark is going to Chicago. Would like to see how much he will get signed for and what the Warriors were offering because he will a backup like he was here.

Saw a video saying that Nick Young is a serious consideration to replace Clark and he is very interested as well. That would be a dynamite signing to say the least. Young is starting caliber and not old either.

While I liked seeing how Ian Clark had developed while he was here, Nick Young is a much better player.

Wow, if the Warriors can sign Nick Young!!!

Hall of Famer
» Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:40 pm
Omri Casspi so for one year at veteran minimum. Haven't checked but Casspi is not a Center so either he is seen as a replacement for Mcgee or for Mcadoo. Cheap veteran signing.

Nick Young has signed for one yewr on the MLE. Could be a signing that makes the Warriors look like a version of an allstar team. He could average point a minute with his shooting ability.

Site Admin
» Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:28 am
migya wrote:Omri Casspi so for one year at veteran minimum. Haven't checked but Casspi is not a Center so either he is seen as a replacement for Mcgee or for Mcadoo. Cheap veteran signing.

Casspi is a 6'9" SF with a good jumper and can get hot - as evident by him dropping 35 on 72% shooting, 75% 3pt (9/12), on us in 2015. He's listed as a SF/PF, and while he's got good rebounding numbers, I don't think he plays around the rim much. He's Matt Barnes's replacement.

I love this signing probably more than the Swaggy P signing (which is saying a lot), because he has a lot of upside with us, and IMO is a better value. He is also more versatile (can play the 4 with West on the 2nd unit), and a guy in a point of his career who's playing for the chance of one big contract. That means he should be hungry and play his ass off.

All Star
» Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:06 am
Gonna be in Eureka/arcata for the first time on Monday! Stopping for a day As part of my Portland and Seattle trip. Any recommendations for attractions?

All Star
» Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:08 pm
Wow Euerka's tip top bar is closed today. Only strip bar in town. Very weird location on a hill. Nice beach though. Ate at Kristine's. now at bowling alley. The next day I checked out Old Town, Humboltd Bay and the Avenue of the Giants.