Livingston 3 year deal!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:42 pm
For 24 million. Discuss.
Last edited by Stairway Man on Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
» Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:14 pm
too much. he had a down year and probably very much on the downside of his career.

All Star
» Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:37 pm
mullin17 wrote:too much. he had a down year and probably very much on the downside of his career.

Except he shot 55 percent and barely missed...

All Star
» Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:05 pm
his other numbers were bad. he dont shoot from more than 5 feet away = good fg%

Hall of Famer
» Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:39 pm
The FO had to keep him to be sure of similar success. He does create matchup problems being so tall and likely he will just be kept for two years

All Star
» Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:14 pm
mullin17 wrote:his other numbers were bad. he dont shoot from more than 5 feet away = good fg%

What other numbers? And high field goal pct is high field goal. This is upsetting me that you would say this.

All Star
» Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:22 pm
Points and assists were down.

You can look at field goal percentage in a vacuum I'm not going to. Clint capela on the rockets​ shot 63% this year put him in the Hall of Fame then.

Kevin Durant 54% is much more impressive than Shaun Livingston's 55%.

He also had a lot of bad turnovers this year and mistakes as he did in the 2016 finals.

To me it's really not a big deal either way but with so many free agents this year things are getting expensive and Livingston had a down year

All Star
» Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:15 pm
Livingston is a "long-bodied" point guard defender who can switch on the pick-and-roll and cover both the 4 and 5 on the perimeter and in the paint, too.

Livingston is an excellent decision maker on offense and moves well without the ball, too.

If the team loses Ian Clarke (probably to the the Bulls), then Livingston and possibly Bryce Alford would be the backup point guards.

All Star
» Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:36 pm
mullin17 wrote:Points and assists were down.

You can look at field goal percentage in a vacuum I'm not going to. Clint capela on the rockets​ shot 63% this year put him in the Hall of Fame then.

Kevin Durant 54% is much more impressive than Shaun Livingston's 55%.

He also had a lot of bad turnovers this year and mistakes as he did in the 2016 finals.

To me it's really not a big deal either way but with so many free agents this year things are getting expensive and Livingston had a down year

Just find it funny how you are nitpicking his game. Based on what I saw, it looked like he was automatic. Hardly ever missed.

All Star
» Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:57 pm
so first im upsetting you and now its funny.

in reality its my bad for even engaging your thread with my facts vs your opinions even though you wanted people to discuss. lesson learned

nobody liked livingston more than me I just think thats too much for him.

Stairway Man wrote:What other numbers? And high field goal pct is high field goal. This is upsetting me that you would say this.

how about every other numbers except his fg%

Site Admin
» Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:22 am
It's $8 mil per season, considering the current market for good backups, is a great price. The consensus is that he basically took a pay cut, that he could have got more money and possibly an additional year.

The dude didn't even test the market - he's a Warrior through and through.

All Star
» Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:25 pm
mullin17 wrote:so first im upsetting you and now its funny.

in reality its my bad for even engaging your thread with my facts vs your opinions even though you wanted people to discuss. lesson learned

nobody liked livingston more than me I just think thats too much for him.

Stairway Man wrote:What other numbers? And high field goal pct is high field goal. This is upsetting me that you would say this.

how about every other numbers except his fg%

If he's backing Curry up and coming and making almost every mid range shot, I don't think it matters.

All Star
» Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:37 am
The 31-year-old backup guard averaged 5.1 points and 1.8 assists per game for the reigning champion Golden State Warriors last season. Playing with former MVPs Steph Curry and Kevin Durant has obvious benefits, but the team was outscored by 3.9 net points per 100 possessions when Livingston was on the court without those two superstars, roughly equal to the performance by the New York Knicks this past season.

Livingston also has an old-school element to his game, preferring to post-up smaller guards rather than act as a floor general out of the pick and roll or in transition. Perhaps some of that is due to being part of a super team, but that doesn’t excuse his low output in the post (he scores 40 percent of the time, 13th of 16 guards with at least 20 possessions) nor his ineffectiveness as a spot-up shooter (25 percent shooting with a 20 percent turnover rate).

His average game score, a metric created by John Hollinger to give a rough measure of a player’s productivity for a single game, of 4.2 as a reserve ranks Livingston 42nd out of 46 backup guards playing at least 1,000 minutes in 2016-17.

According to ESPN’s Chris Haynes, Livingstons contract would necessitate production similar to Dwyane Wade of the Chicago Bulls or Tony Allen of the Memphis Grizzlies (each with 3.5 wins above replacement in 2016-17), a level Livingston has reached once in his career (3.5 wins above replacement in 2013-14 with the Brooklyn Nets).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/fancy-stats/wp/2017/06/29/the-five-nba-free-agents-who-arent-worth-the-money/

Hall of Famer
» Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:53 pm
mullin17 wrote:The 31-year-old backup guard averaged 5.1 points and 1.8 assists per game for the reigning champion Golden State Warriors last season. Playing with former MVPs Steph Curry and Kevin Durant has obvious benefits, but the team was outscored by 3.9 net points per 100 possessions when Livingston was on the court without those two superstars, roughly equal to the performance by the New York Knicks this past season.

Livingston also has an old-school element to his game, preferring to post-up smaller guards rather than act as a floor general out of the pick and roll or in transition. Perhaps some of that is due to being part of a super team, but that doesn’t excuse his low output in the post (he scores 40 percent of the time, 13th of 16 guards with at least 20 possessions) nor his ineffectiveness as a spot-up shooter (25 percent shooting with a 20 percent turnover rate).

His average game score, a metric created by John Hollinger to give a rough measure of a player’s productivity for a single game, of 4.2 as a reserve ranks Livingston 42nd out of 46 backup guards playing at least 1,000 minutes in 2016-17.

According to ESPN’s Chris Haynes, Livingstons contract would necessitate production similar to Dwyane Wade of the Chicago Bulls or Tony Allen of the Memphis Grizzlies (each with 3.5 wins above replacement in 2016-17), a level Livingston has reached once in his career (3.5 wins above replacement in 2013-14 with the Brooklyn Nets).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... the-money/

Very interesting information, Livingston seems to be effective when he plays.