Sources say will KD opt out and resign for less than max

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:53 pm
Basically the best case scenario that we could realistically hope for: KD takes less money to keep bench mostly intact.

Link: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1968 ... n-warriors

Franchise Player
» Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:03 pm
I am happy letting Iggy walk. unless he wants to take a significant pay cut. i just don't like signing guys on the wrong side of 30 to big money

Site Admin
» Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:16 pm
PAWNO wrote:I am happy letting Iggy walk. unless he wants to take a significant pay cut. i just don't like signing guys on the wrong side of 30 to big money

I was shocked when people started saying he'd get at least 8, because I thought he'd be making significantly less, but now people are saying 10 minimum and 15+ is the ceiling... :shock: I know it's more about the cap raising ad the market, but no way we put ourselves in any position to not retain our big 4 when their times come.

I'd rather earmark that money for McCaw in a year, because it's pretty obvious he's gonna be a stud. Hopefully we can make both happen.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:12 am
Think Iguodala will take winning rather than money, as he has made quite a bit in his career. He really is not starting material anymore, at least not fulltime, and is getting older

Site Admin
» Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:28 am
migya wrote:Think Iguodala will take winning rather than money, as he has made quite a bit in his career. He really is not starting material anymore, at least not fulltime, and is getting older

I don't think these teams want him as a starter, or he might be starting material for them, but regardless, it's all about his market value. 6th men, even old ones, are getting paid a lot (too much thanks to Jamal Crawford), and some teams like the T-Wolves reportedly want a veteran mentor.

You'd think Iggy would prefer to stay in the Bay and with this ownership group, because he's making so much investing in tech, but maybe he feels like he's done enough there and wants one last big payday.

I think he's just using it a leverage to get more years.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:24 am
Iguodala would actually be a good fit for Minnesota, so hopefully they don't targeted him. Think the ownership will pay Iguodala what he wants