Disappointed in Klay

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1217
» Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:40 pm
Is he just mentally fragile in the playoffs? Looks like he doesn't know who he is. Is he just that he's not a top 2 on our team? Must be mental or maybe subconsciously doesn't want to make the shots. Doesn't make sense.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1217
» Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:56 am
He's Harrison Barnes!
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 3974
» Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:17 pm
Stairway, this thread and it's title is embarrassing. I'd expect some BS like this from a non-Dubs fan, but not from a member of the Dub Nation.

I couldn't care less about Klay's offense, because his defense has been nothing short of amazing throughout the playoffs. You're just not paying attention to how he's shutting down his assignment and completely disrupting opposing offenses. See, this is the kind of take that you get from blowhards that know nothing about basketball, like Cowherd and Skip Bayless. Klay has been a huge part of our success.

Also, are you saying he chokes in the playoffs in general? If you are, then you're categorically wrong. Do I really need to remind you of game 6 of last year's WCF when Steph told him "I don't have it right now. You're going to have to win this one and carry us," and how Klay proceeded to singlehandedly shred OKC and outplay everyone on the court? Or how in the first two rounds of the 2016 playoffs he put the team on his back when Steph was out?

Sure, his shot is cold, but the dude is also expending so much energy playing some of the best defense we've ever seen.
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 3974
» Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:18 pm

So disappointing... [-(
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22133
» Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:28 pm
I have to agree with JREED 100% Stairway. You wrote like Klay is awful and he isn't.

That stat about the Cavs only making one shot against Klay is almost unheard of in the nba finals.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1217
» Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:32 am
JREED wrote:Stairway, this thread and it's title is embarrassing. I'd expect some BS like this from a non-Dubs fan, but not from a member of the Dub Nation.

I couldn't care less about Klay's offense, because his defense has been nothing short of amazing throughout the playoffs. You're just not paying attention to how he's shutting down his assignment and completely disrupting opposing offenses. See, this is the kind of take that you get from blowhards that know nothing about basketball, like Cowherd and Skip Bayless. Klay has been a huge part of our success.

Also, are you saying he chokes in the playoffs in general? If you are, then you're categorically wrong. Do I really need to remind you of game 6 of last year's WCF when Steph told him "I don't have it right now. You're going to have to win this one and carry us," and how Klay proceeded to singlehandedly shred OKC and outplay everyone on the court? Or how in the first two rounds of the 2016 playoffs he put the team on his back when Steph was out?

Sure, his shot is cold, but the dude is also expending so much energy playing some of the best defense we've ever seen.



Well, maybe he should try balancing out his defense and offense then. Because we're not used to seeing him go 5 games in a row cold. Be nice to see some splash in him. I almost thought he was doing this to be traded. CJ McCullun wrote on twitter that he's probably leaving soon.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 851
» Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:04 am
so cj mccollum knows whats going on in klays head then huh
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1217
» Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:37 am
Kerr helped Klay
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 3974
» Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:11 pm
Stairway Man wrote:Kerr helped Klay

Coincidences and correlation does not equal cause and effect. By that logic, Kerr caused the team to turnover the ball so much, or Kerr caused Love to play much better. Bottom line is Klay's shots just started to fall - he got off to a good start and that's the key for most shooters.

What you said about him shooting so poorly to get traded makes absolutely zero sense - wouldn't a player want to play better to invoke a trade? Why would he still play his assignment of on defense? If he wanted to be traded then he could just say so, which I guarantee is the route a player would go if they wanted to be traded.

I'm not even acknowledging the CJ McCollum tweet, because it's so dumb, other than to say that I bet CJ wishes Klay would leave the Dubs.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1217
» Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:14 pm
JREED wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:Kerr helped Klay

Coincidences and correlation does not equal cause and effect. By that logic, Kerr caused the team to turnover the ball so much, or Kerr caused Love to play much better. Bottom line is Klay's shots just started to fall - he got off to a good start and that's the key for most shooters.

What you said about him shooting so poorly to get traded makes absolutely zero sense - wouldn't a player want to play better to invoke a trade? Why would he still play his assignment of on defense? If he wanted to be traded then he could just say so, which I guarantee is the route a player would go if they wanted to be traded.

I'm not even acknowledging the CJ McCollum tweet, because it's so dumb, other than to say that I bet CJ wishes Klay would leave the Dubs.



Wel I'm just going by the CJ tweet. That was his idea.
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 3974
» Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:02 pm
Stairway Man wrote:Wel I'm just going by the CJ tweet. That was his idea.

Which I'm saying is irrelevant. If you wanted to discuss the tweet itself, that's one thing, but the way you posted it as if it was evidence to support the idea that Klay wants to leave.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22133
» Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:59 pm
He had a great game tonight Game 3.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1217
» Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:42 pm
migya wrote:He had a great game tonight Game 3.


This is the Klay I know. But Klay is a system player and I think Kerr is the reason why Klay came back. That's 2 big games so far and both were with Kerr. All his bad games were with Brown. So that means that Kerr is the reason Klay is shooting well because he's helping him create.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22133
» Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:27 am
Stairway Man wrote:
migya wrote:He had a great game tonight Game 3.


This is the Klay I know. But Klay is a system player and I think Kerr is the reason why Klay came back. That's 2 big games so far and both were with Kerr. All his bad games were with Brown. So that means that Kerr is the reason Klay is shooting well because he's helping him create.



Then again could be just coincidence. The team needed Klay playing the way he has the last two games.

All Star
Posts: 1273
» Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:13 pm
Stairway Man wrote:He's Harrison Barnes!

I hope your a troll and not really believe that. This thread needs​ to be taken down.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests