Warriors v Cavs NBA Finals

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:54 pm
JReed, they called fouls very early on us. That was why the Cavs started the game shooting outstanding because the refs wouldn't let Dubs get physical at all and so they couldn't guard the Cavs naturally.

I'm sticking to my guns. My gut instinct tells me (and I'm certain) that this series is going 7. At least I know for sure that we're the better team. It's not possible to win 15 straight, then become the first team to blow a 3 to 0 deficit and a 73 win team to blow a 3-1 deficit unless there is something going on behind the tables. The odds of all that happening are like hitting the lotto. And the fact that I'm certain that this series is going 7 shows how far this league is willing to go to promote drama.

And you see, this is the trap they get you in. You notice the rig going on, but then you look back and you start thinking things like: ''well maybe it wasn't our fault that we couldn't hit some shots'' or ''Refs were bad but we could have been more aggressive.''

Because most people don't remember refs long term. They only remember the winner. And they want to promote James as a winner. I don't forget. I don't forget last year and all the rig.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:06 am
Wouldn't have been great to go 16-0 but the team should still win it and that's all that counts. Winning it at home would be sweet as they won it in Cleveland two years ago.

All Star
» Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:56 am
migya wrote:Wouldn't have been great to go 16-0 but the team should still win it and that's all that counts. Winning it at home would be sweet as they won it in Cleveland two years ago.

Don't count on it....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XyuvrYpdnY

I don't mean to be a debbie downer. But I have been saying all along that this is becoming too predictable. So this is now the 4th closeout game in the Finals that we have lost in a row. It's not just be coincidence.

I really hate to be negative for this forum. But it's hard for me to not tell you the truth. I have always believed that the Cavs would go down in the series and comeback and win again. The writing was on the wall: Lebron is on Mount Rushmore, chasing the ghost of Jordan, etc...

We are now one injury or suspension away from going on the same route as last year. Just imagine... Warriors first team in Finals to blow a 3 to 1 lead right after we won 73 games. Now add Durant and lose a 3 to 0 lead...

I'm certain that that is what's going to happen. But it's been fun everyone... We must accept our fate. I don't know how it's going to happen or what other coincidences are going to happen from now until June 18th, but please understand that it is not our fault or your fault.

I have to tell you the truth.

Now there is a small, very small possibility that we could win this in a tight Game 7. Because then at least the Cavs lost with dignity and heart. But it's looking more and more like this is going 7 games. Don't be foolish enough to believe otherwise.