KD says he made "the 100 percent correct decision, win or lose" to join the WARRIORS. "I don’t plan on going anywhere"

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Wed May 24, 2017 1:09 pm
Link to the article: https://theundefeated.com/features/kevi ... -warriors/

Some highlights:

... with all due respect to his nine successful seasons with the Oklahoma City Thunder franchise, the 2014 NBA MVP has no regrets about his decision to depart as a free agent to the Warriors last offseason, regardless of what the near future holds.

“I made the 100 percent correct decision, win or lose,” Durant told The Undefeated after the Warriors’ practice at AT&T Center in San Antonio on Sunday. “I feel like this is the place I was supposed to be. I appreciate everything I’ve done before this. But I’m here now, and I feel like it’s a great spot for me to be.

Will you be playing for the Warriors next season? (Durant has a one-year player option for next season with the Warriors paying $27.7 million.)

Yeah. I love it here. I love my teammates. I love the city [of Oakland, California]. I love the organization. I love it here. I don’t plan on going anywhere else.

Guys, has it sunk in for you yet? I'm still a bit in a daze, finding it difficult to believe that we've become such a premier team that one of the best players of his generation not only chose us, but he loves it so much that he feels this is where he was meant to be.

Lacob, Jerry West, Kerr, Meyers, Curry etc. can't be thanked enough for the work they've done to usher in our present glory age. Regardless of how long it lasts and the years we've endured as a fanbase, we are incredibly fortunate. :D :D :D :D

Rookie
» Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:57 pm
mdigya wrote:I also want the resignings to happen before using the quick extender pro read this really being comfortable. It is amazing what a fast turnaround it has been for the team since the new ownership took over. It'd be great for the team to compete for championships for the next five to seven years.

At least he sticks to his guns.
Last edited by WilliamsEd on Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

All Star
» Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:14 pm
Yea I'm still kind of shocked that Durant is actually on our team. I can't remember the last time the Warriors signed a free agent superstar. I guess you could say the last time sorta was when they traded for Baron?

But I won't be completely sold until KD signs an extension. Some people think he just came to win a ring only to go back to OKC and make things right with Westbrook.

Site Admin
» Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:35 pm
Stairway Man wrote:Yea I'm still kind of shocked that Durant is actually on our team. I can't remember the last time the Warriors signed a free agent superstar. I guess you could say the last time sorta was when they traded for Baron?
I'd say Iggy was a bigger deal at the time, and he chose us. This was the first sign, IMO, that we had changed our image as a franchise.

Stairway Man wrote:But I won't be completely sold until KD signs an extension. Some people think he just came to win a ring only to go back to OKC and make things right with Westbrook.
Zero chance KD goes back to OKC and from everything we've heard A) KD couldn't care less about making up with Westbrook, and B) Westbrook couldn't​ care less at this point either. Anyone that thinks this is an OKC homer.

He seems like a new player, and from all the love and admiration our recent departing players have shown this team, it seems like it's hard to go anywhere else once you've played in GS.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:52 pm
I also want the resignings to happen before really being comfortable. It is amazing what a fast turnaround it has been for the team since the new ownership took over. It'd be great for the team to compete for championships for the next five to seven years.

Durant is a major addition and really, he can cement his place as a top 20 player alltime if he stays here for at least three years and wins at least two championships. The more I look at it the more both Curry and Durant are unlike many players before them and really will have to be held higher than the likes of Isiah Thomas, Barkley and Stockton, elite players alltime but Curry and Durant just have more.