Spurs it is

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Sun May 14, 2017 4:42 am
The San Antonio Spurs stand in our way of reaching out third straight Finals appearance. One of maybe three teams in the league that have posed any real threat to the Warriors over the past three seasons. The team that knocked us out of the playoffs in 2013, has dominated us in their building since it was built, and lorded over the Western Conference for the better part of 17 years. Though this Warriors team has come a long ways to settling the score, IMO, ending the Spurs' season could finally convince everyone that we have no rival in the West.

I'm happy the Dubs get this chance to prove themselves, I only wish it was with Kerr courtside, because coaching may be the only facet in which SAS has an advantage. Pop's still got it as evident from their last series with the Rockets.

Might be are first competitive series this far, should be fun.

Hall of Famer
» Sun May 14, 2017 7:35 am
As goos as San Antonio has been and as great as Popovich is, not to be underestimated in any way and could be a difference, I don't think they will be much challenge to the team and hope I'm right. The Spurs bigs just haven't been as dominant as their careers have been and with Gasol and Lee looking their age last series against Houston, at least from the footage I saw, they won't be much of a factor against the Warriors. Aldridge had a good last game against Houston but he seemed lackluster that series and in these playoffs. I think he is somewhat soft and just doesn't have enough conviction most of the time to last against the Warriors. Thought he'd be a top 15 player when he went to the Spurs but he really hasn't been much.

I think Warriors in 5 with San Antonio barely winning one at home, probably due to some help by the refs.

All Star
» Sun May 14, 2017 4:12 pm
Skip Bayless says pachulia hurt Leonard on purpose. He's also live on Facebook ranting. Said Pachulia is our MVP.

Site Admin
» Tue May 16, 2017 5:49 pm
The BS this g about all the outrage over Zaza is that play happens every game, it often goes uncalled (especially when it's Curry), and it's the playoffs!

Nobody would be talking about it being a dirty play, or wouldn't have been nearly as big of a deal, if:
  1. Kawhi didn't get hurt.
  2. It wasn't a star player.
  3. It wasn't a Warrior that did it.
  4. It wasn't Zaza (who has a "dirty" reputation.
  5. The perception wasn't that this ended the Spurs chance to win the series.
    If the Warriors didn't win.

I've read some pretty ridiculous reactions that just shows how irrational, stupid, and straight up crazy some people are when it comes to their hate of this team. One person argued that our fanbase is classless and the only one that would "cheer so loudly" when we started to comeback because Kawhi got hurt.

People are idiots.

All Star
» Tue May 16, 2017 7:24 pm
Skip Bayless said that the whole world knows that the Spurs would have won the game if it weren't for Pachulia. He called Pachulia our MVP and said out of our starters Pachulia was the only one who could find a way to beat them.

Then Skip was reminded how the Warriors came back from down 22 in San Antonio on a back to back. And Skip said that the reason we won was because Durant wasn't playing. He says Durant would make it impossible for the Warriors to comeback.

Then he just wrote that Spurs would have won the whole series and this just proves that Leonard is the best 2 way player.

Site Admin
» Wed May 17, 2017 3:13 pm
Stairway, do you follow any real sports journalists or analyst? Or is it just tabloid personalities like Bayless and Cowherd? These guys have no idea what they're talking about and only say controversial things for ratings, clicks, and follows.

Kawhi being the best 2-way player? Did LeBron retire?