We should beware of Lebron

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Sun May 07, 2017 6:37 pm
I feel that the NBA wil push it again and try to help Lebron beat us with Durant. Hopefully we'll go in the series healthy and there won't be any ticky tacky suspensions or any of that hoopla.

I believe the NBA wants their new Jordan. And there would be no better way to sell a story than to have Cavs beat the Warriors with Durant after beating the 73 Warriors team from down 3-1. They want to make Lebron look invincible.

Lebron is playing at a whole new level this year. Even last year Lebron looked a bit banged up and worn at times. Then he found another gear after Green was suspended. But this year he's moving even better and seems more powerful and smarter than ever.

I'm not sure Silver wants the Warriors superteam to win it all. He wants to create the new official Jordan 2.0. I believe we're in for a tough fight and not sure we can beat Lebron the way he's playing since he'll also have as much help from the league as he needs.

Guys let's not get our hopes up and take this seriously. I have not forget or shrugged off what happened last year. I'm not gonna fall for it again and I can already smell this one coming a million miles away. We're still the real Champs though. If you put us in a series where both teams are at full strength and the refs were fair, we'd win virtually every time. But come June, you'll see how things start to shift.

All Star
» Sun May 07, 2017 11:08 pm
I mean just listen to the way the reporters are praising him right now. Do you really think he's gonna lose with all the media and momentum? This is part 2 of last year.

All Star
» Sun May 07, 2017 11:14 pm
Although to his credit he is playing the best ball of his life. I'm guessing he didn't try as hard in the season so that he'd have more energy for now? If he had tried to win more in the season he'd be more worn down but the guy is on some serious performance enhancers, it's obvious just by looking at him.

But make no mistake the NBA wants nothing more than for him to defeat the Warriors with Durant. It's all part of history and I can already see this move 10 moves ahead.

Site Admin
» Mon May 08, 2017 3:46 pm
Stairway, man, you're taking this "it's rigged" a bit too far. I agree that last year, the Finals in particular, some of the officiating and decisions by the league were fishy; they were always against us and inconsistent with the treatment of other teams. But there's a huge difference between the league intentionally deciding games and series versus us getting the short end of the stick.

I think in almost all cases there is some rational, even when it's unfair or just stupid. For example, with Draymond they were probably punishing him due to past behavior and public opinion, and/or making an example out of us/Green. It certainly seems like a lot of that was for ratings and to manufacture a more competitive series, but they at least could make a case for it.

If anything, I think the league may try to make things closer, but not actually decide the outcome. We should just go out there and destroy teams so bad that no minor rigging can save them.

All Star
» Mon May 08, 2017 8:33 pm
But Jreed do you think that the NBA would allow Lebron to get destroyed by the Warriors?

Site Admin
» Tue May 09, 2017 1:35 pm
Stairway Man wrote:But Jreed do you think that the NBA would allow Lebron to get destroyed by the Warriors?

They might not have a choice :wink: Maybe not "destroyed," but I certainly think we can play well enough to overcome some edging by the league.

Having KD gives us flexibility, and like I've said from the beginning, depth. He gives us depth in the event of one of our other all stars getting injured or suspended. I firmly believe that minus one of Klay, Steph, or KD, we can beat the LeBrons. Though I think we could beat them without Green, he'd be the biggest loss and he's the most likely to be suspended over some BS.

Just look at the last game with the Jazz - the officiating was so lopsided (in their favor), but it still wasn't enough in the end. Sure they could have hit some more shots and push a game 5, but so could have our guys. There's only so much they can do to screw us before it becomes obvious to everyone (not just us), and that would be far worse for the league.

All Star
» Thu May 11, 2017 12:55 pm
Hey JReed. I know I'm sounding like a conspiracist lately. But it sure can seem fishy at times.

Here's another twisting event that I could see happening.. (I'm going to sound like a conspiracist.)

I could see a scenario where Warriors win but Lebron still looks like a hero. I have had this thought in my mind since the beginning of the season. Maybe Lebron will win the first game or is about to win game 2. Looks unbelievable. Refs are completely on his side... Then he has a season ending injury for basically the first time ever. Warriors go on to destroy Cavs by 30 each game and it only goes to show how bad Cavs are without him, making him look good. People keep on talking about how Cavs would have won if James stayed healthy.

I don't want that to happen, but I've seen the NBA and I know things like this happen. The last several years have had crazy twists.. Things that don't always happen regularly. Remember when Kobe had his first season ending injury and tore his achillies? Do you remember that game? It was a weird game. Kobe looked indestructable. Refs were on his side. He was playing recklessly. I remember him crashing into Ezeli. And he just kept going. You could just tell that he was pushing his body past his limits. Looked exhausted. And then tore his achillies going up against Barnes.

I could see the Warriors winning in a scenario like that. Lebron going all out, looking like he's going to conquer the world, and then finally pushing his body past his limits. But I just don't know if I can see a scenario where the refs allow Lebron to get beaten if he's playing at his best.

Why could I see something like this happening? It would be new. It would be a different twist. Last year Draymond was the twist. Maybe this year the unexpected will happen and Lebron finally goes down, but looks like he can beat the Warriors by himself before doing so.

You know how things are in the Finals. Things change. The refs and rules change. Everything changes.

Site Admin
» Sat May 13, 2017 3:25 pm
What you just described is not a conspiracy though, it's maybe a "twist," and it's definitely a potential narrative, but it wouldn't be something the NBA has control over. If that happens and the fans and media want to discredit the Warriors championship (which they largely did after the '15 Finals), and praise James for his "heart," then that's on them, not the league.

The league can certainly influence a narrative with marketing and inconsistent rulings, but they can't directly control how we and the media react or feel.

All Star
» Fri May 19, 2017 9:01 pm
Look at Cleveland now. Celtics are dead meat.

Hall of Famer
» Sat May 20, 2017 12:23 am
Stairway Man wrote:Look at Cleveland now. Celtics are dead meat.

Celts look gone and have been smashed so far. Looks like being three straight matchups for the Warriors and Cavs and that really is the way it should be - Payback and beat them at their best for the Warriors.

Site Admin
» Sat May 20, 2017 1:01 pm
Every team we've faced, round by round, has been a more difficult opponent than the Cavs have faced:

Round 1: Blazers > Pacers
Round 2: Jazz > Raptors
Round 3: Spurs > Celtics

Yet, at least up until last night's blowout, we had a larger point differential 17 > 10, and we're 1st in pretty much all team stat rankings.

Cleveland's thrashing of Boston was impressive, but our run has been a greater accomplishment overall, even considering our opponents' injuries.

It is shaping up to be a good trilogy. I hope both teams are healthy. Though it looks like we might be less healthy with Iggy, Zaza, and other's being injured off and on.

All Star
» Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:31 pm
Beware of our 3-1 lead. Lebron, Irving, refs, And Silver. I've been ready all along.