Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:27 am
Hey everyone,

Check out my article on why Dray should be DPOY:

http://www.armchairallamericans.com/giv ... reen-dpoy/

Site Admin
» Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:04 pm
Thanks for sharing, but is this even a discussion? Is anyone questioning if Draymond is the DPoY? If so then they'll delusional. He should be winning his 2nd at least, if not his 3rd, but those idiots left him off the ballot in 2015.

Draymond should be the unanimous DPoY.

Rookie
» Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:36 pm
Agreed. He's the most dominant defender in the NBA but the voters just keep picking the wrong guy.

Site Admin
» Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:50 pm
deanturner2216 wrote:Agreed. He's the most dominant defender in the NBA but the voters just keep picking the wrong guy.

Yeah, but the fact that the NBA left him off the ballot in '15 was ultimately why he didn't win it - he had far more first place votes, but the press were idiots. It's no excuse for the media, but it is the reason why. Too close to call it a snub last season, or even that Green deserved it much more that Kawhi, but it would be beyond a snub if he does run away with it this year.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sweep the 1st place votes. The dude is the best defender on the league's best defensive team. Sure, he has been for 3 years now, but he somehow found a way to reach a new level this season.

All Star
» Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:33 pm
I would also suggest that Draymond Green is the MVP of this Warrior team...key defensive stops (steals, blocks, positioning), rebounding, assists, and timely baskets are all part of his well-rounded game.

Franchise Player
» Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:43 am
I feel like Draymond got this award lockdown.

Remember when he had or almost had a Quadruple Double. That **** doesn't happen to often. (He was missing the double digit points)

Site Admin
» Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:16 pm
PAWNO wrote:Remember when he had or almost had a Quadruple Double. That **** doesn't happen to often. (He was missing the double digit points)
It was the first EVER triple double without points; 12 reb, 10 ast, 10 steals, and 5 blocks. If that's not the stat line of a DPoY, and ultimate glue guy, nothing is.

@uptempo he's up there, but Steph's ridiculous +/- and impact on the game from just being out there makes him the team MVP, at least IMO. I'll start another thread about it, but I think he should get some heavy consideration for league MVP.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:41 pm
JREED wrote:
PAWNO wrote:Remember when he had or almost had a Quadruple Double. That **** doesn't happen to often. (He was missing the double digit points)
It was the first EVER triple double without points; 12 reb, 10 ast, 10 steals, and 5 blocks. If that's not the stat line of a DPoY, and ultimate glue guy, nothing is.

@uptempo he's up there, but Steph's ridiculous +/- and impact on the game from just being out there makes him the team MVP, at least IMO. I'll start another thread about it, but I think he should get some heavy consideration for league MVP.

I made a thread about an article about Curry back to last season's type of form since Durant got injured. Curry certainly is unlike an other player I can remember in thirty years of being an nba fan.

All Star
» Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:01 pm
migya wrote:
JREED wrote:

I made a thread about an article about Curry back to last season's type of form since Durant got injured. Curry certainly is unlike an other player I can remember in thirty years of being an nba fan.

Since Durant' injury, the front office (with the pickup of Barnes), Curry, Green, Iguodala, Clark, West, McGee, West, Pachulia, and Thompson have all stepped up their games.

It all starts with the team's defense and its ability to play an open court game (where Curry dominates in transition offense). Let's also give Steve Kerr and the coaching staff credit for making the correct adjustments after Durant went down with his injury.
Last edited by uptempo on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:31 pm
uptempo wrote:
migya wrote:
JREED wrote:

Since Durant' injury, the front office (with the pickup of Barnes), Curry, Green, Iguodala, Clark, West, McGee, West, Pachulia, and Thompson have all stepped up their games.

It all starts with the team's defense and its ability to play and open court game (where Curry dominates). Let' also give Steve Kerr and the coaching staff credit for making the correct adjustments after Durant went down with his injury.

Agreed, the team has stepped as a unit especially defensively.