Bogut rumoured to be FA

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:24 am
Bogut has been traded to Philadelphia and apparently will be bought out. He is rumoured to be looking to sign with a contender.

Is he a good fit for the team and more to the point, is there any room or reason to sign him. He was a great fit when he was here but he wouldn't start ahead of Pachulia and McGee is probably more effective in limited court time.

Think San Antonio will get him

Starting Lineup
» Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:47 pm
I just hope cleveland doesn't get him

Site Admin
» Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:04 pm
nickdakoolkat wrote:I just hope cleveland doesn't get him

Agreed, but many think they're the favorite. Official word is he's undecided, but he's sparking a bidding war as at least 6 teams are very interested and he's been reported to be considering. In no particular order, those teams are:
  • Cavs
  • 76ers
  • Celtics
  • Rockets
  • Spurs
  • Warriors

I think it'll be whoever offers him the most years. If nobody offers him significantly more then it'll probably be the team that will give him the most PT/starting time, and a chance to showcase that he's worth a flyer for a multi-year deal next season. So probably the Cavs - they'll play him and he'll be in the glow in the East.

I liked Bogut a lot, but I never felt like he had any real passion for the game, maybe some for his teammates, but it's always been more about the money. Which I don't think is a knock on him, nor does it mean he's a bad player, but it's a job.

I also never felt like he took to the US, and that he can't wait to retire to go back to Australia. Kind of a "get the cash and get out" deal.

All Star
» Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:00 pm
Bogut has chosen to join forces with Cleveland

Hall of Famer
» Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:30 am
It'll be interesting how Cleveland uses Bogut, as they used TThomspn alot at Center last season and it worked well. He might become like Mosgov was and sit mostly on the bench

Site Admin
» Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:25 pm
I feel bad for Bogut, but honestly this is just further affirmation that Bob Meyers is a ninja GM. I know we have him an offer to comeback when he was dropped by Dallas, but it clearly wasn't much and we all know he's injury prone.

Bogut's health is a weird thing. As I've said in the past, he is prone to get injured, but he's never had any injuries that would be those lingering, stay-with-you type of injuries (IE back, knees, etc). The dude just gets hurt often.

This could be it for the big guy, definitely his last shot to get decent minutes. If it is, I'm happy he got a ring with us.

All Star
» Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:50 am
I wonder why Bogut gets hurt often, but Lebron doesn't get hurt. What causes Bogut to break his leg but Lebron to never break a leg?