Warriors have 4 All Stars!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:30 pm
Is this the first time the Warriors have 4 All Stars? When was the last time we had 3 other than last year? Not only that, but Kerr is the All Star coach and we should have 5 all stars because any other year Pachulia would have been a starter.

Starters: Curry, Durant
Bench: Klay, Draymond

Coach: Kerr
Snubs: Pachulia

Starting Lineup
» Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:21 am
What a time to be a Warriors fan... I remember growing up the only all star was Latrell sprewell, I didn't appreciate run TMC since I was really young. As a life long warrior fan, it was hard to endure all those tough losing seasons and watching our players leave and become all stars everywhere else but here. I remember when David Lee made it... it was like a dream to see a warrior jersey in the big dance rather than just the other "smaller games" such as the rising stars or dunk contest. JRich put us back on the spotlight for something positive for once.

Fast forward a few years... we now have 4 all stars on the same team representing the warriors on their chest. It still all seems surreal from the championship, to the b2b MVP and first unanimous ever, to all stars and landing the biggest free agent in Bay Area history. Never thought we would have come this far.

Site Admin
» Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:48 pm
Yeah, while I don't think Zaza deserved to be an All-Star (IMO there were better candidates), what the players did, or almost did, was shameful. It's like we got the correct result, but it was for all the wrong reasons.

Dont get me wrong, I love how Zaza is playing, but I do believe that this format corrected a mistake, Gasol got in ahead of Pachulia. On the other hand, the league basically made no attempt to hide the fact that they switched to this format to prevent Zaza from getting in after his close call last season.

So it's OK if Kobe or Yao get in (or voted in) during seasons they don't play at all or very little, because of absurd fan voting, but a veteran starter, playing at just a sub-AS level, is unthinkable.

The funny thing is that adding center to the ballot almost backfired when it had the opposite effect that they intended. But another ironic side effect of all of this is that the Warriors, the ugly girl at the prom for years, never popular enough to get the votes from fans, are now the overwhelming fan favorites and the rest of the NBA is crying about it. So they, the minority rulers, the 1%, decide to turn a democracy into a oligarchy to prevent our players from sweeping the ballot. He'll, I wouldn't be surprised if they lied and Zaza actually got in despite all of their attempts to prevent it.

All Star
» Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:51 am
JREED wrote:Yeah, while I don't think Zaza deserved to be an All-Star (IMO there were better candidates), what the players did, or almost did, was shameful. It's like we got the correct result, but it was for all the wrong reasons.

Dont get me wrong, I love how Zaza is playing, but I do believe that this format corrected a mistake, Gasol got in ahead of Pachulia. On the other hand, the league basically made no attempt to hide the fact that they switched to this format to prevent Zaza from getting in after his close call last season.

So it's OK if Kobe or Yao get in (or voted in) during seasons they don't play at all or very little, because of absurd fan voting, but a veteran starter, playing at just a sub-AS level, is unthinkable.

The funny thing is that adding center to the ballot almost backfired when it had the opposite effect that they intended. But another ironic side effect of all of this is that the Warriors, the ugly girl at the prom for years, never popular enough to get the votes from fans, are now the overwhelming fan favorites and the rest of the NBA is crying about it. So they, the minority rulers, the 1%, decide to turn a democracy into a oligarchy to prevent our players from sweeping the ballot. He'll, I wouldn't be surprised if they lied and Zaza actually got in despite all of their attempts to prevent it.

Ha ha. Yea now instead of us crying about the Warriors not getting an All Star like Ellis or Baron or JRich, we have the rest of the league complaining we have too many all stars lol. And the Spurs only got 1 all star. But yea I bet Pachulia really did get enough votes. They probably just wanted to cover it up. If it were all fan votes, Pachulia would have made it by a landslide.

Site Admin
» Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:46 am
While we'll never know if it was/is rigged, at least we can be certain that the hypocrisy is real. Even when we win we lose.