So what's going on with Curry?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:57 am
What's with him? He is just not the same. 39 percent is not terrible from beyond the arc. But in Curry's case, he's never shot much lower than 45 percent. On top of that, he's just inconsistent and expresses less than ideal body language. He had that one game where he made 13 three pointers. Which was after the game he had 0 three pointers.

Is Curry just trying to defer more to KD and other teammates? Or is he mentally affected by game 7 still?

Also, I'm losing faith in Curry to come through in Big games. He's just not as aggressive and is much more timid. Remember in OKC when he made 12 three pointers even when he was hurt? And he was making them from 30 feet away. He just knew the ball was going in and wasn't afraid to stroke the ball into the back of the net. You don't see that same Curry this year all the time. You see flashes, but he just isn't the same guy.

Perhaps Kerr is trying to balance things out? Curry even said he needs more shots. Could it be true that he's already thinking about leaving to get his shots?

Site Admin
» Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:28 pm
You made a pretty big leap there by guessing that the face of our franchise is even considering leaving the team he built.

Curry hasn't quite been the same since his injury in the playoffs, but then it was obvious that he was still hurt. To get the "excuse" out of the way, I think the Cavs AND the league sent a pretty clear message: it's open season on Steph. He's always been the most fouled non-big, it's almost always uncalled, but it's obvious that the refs DGAF about him being fouled every play.

The main reason I think he, and us as a team, aren't playing to the ultra-elite level we anticipated, is because we're turning the ball over too much and not playing great perimeter D. A lot of Steph's shots come off of pull-ups on the break - we just haven't pushed the ball like we have in recent seasons.

Last I checked he was still a top 10 or 20 scorer, that's impressive for a down start of the season. I'm not worried though. We have some things to figure out, but we're still atop the power rankings.

Site Admin
» Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:24 pm
I'd also like to point you to a recent article that sums up my thoughts on the topic pretty well: Worried about Stephen Curry? Don’t be.

All Star
» Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:22 pm

Site Admin
» Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:27 pm
That video does nothing to support your argument... Seriously, it doesn't say one thing that backs up what you're saying. I'm not going to break it down point by point, but theses guys aren't saying he's not good, but that "KD is better." That's all.

Also, I think you can get 1 or 2 more blowhards on that panel, lol, what a joke.

All Star
» Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:48 am
JREED wrote:That video does nothing to support your argument... Seriously, it doesn't say one thing that backs up what you're saying. I'm not going to break it down point by point, but theses guys aren't saying he's not good, but that "KD is better." That's all.

Also, I think you can get 1 or 2 more blowhards on that panel, lol, what a joke.

Colin sounded funny when he said, ''When I saw them play live, it was amazing to see the gap between Durant and Curry.''

He's never seen them play live? The thing is Curry is not hitting the shots he was hitting. His 3 point percentage is down 5 percent than what it was last year, 4 percent worse than his career average. Curry was the best player in the league last year. This year, he's showing little evidence that he's as good as he was last year. Colin Cowerd is saying nobody is talking about Curry this year. He's an afterthought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V26Cxm6ykXI

Site Admin
» Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:16 pm
How is one "down" part of a season count as "evidence" that he's not as good as the year prior? Or how about NOBODY has ever been as good as Curry was last season, EVER - the stats back it up. You could literally say the same thing about every player, every year, until someone has a better season.

He's also been showing improvement. As I said before, I believe guys are still figuring it out, as evident by Kerr's constant tinkering with the lineup.

Your posts lose all credibility when you cite people that are know, and literally get paid, to say outlandish and contrarian things. Cowherd, Bayless, Barkley, etc. Nobody takes these people seriously, nor are any of them experts or creditable sources.

This is clickbait stuff you're talking about. It's low hanging fruit that has no incite. Curry's inconsistent shooting is not our problem (assuming we have one); there are much more important issues like our turnovers or often poor perimeter D.