Anthony Davis trade rumours apparently starting to appear

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Hall of Famer
» Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:04 am
Read about trade rumors for Anthony Davis, possibly going to Boston is the rumour I read about.

I would definitely make a proposal if I was in Myers position. Davis is an alltime great in the making and this season he looks elite alltime. Don't know what NO would want but if it is young talent, the team has plenty of that, though rather unproven. Guys like Looney, McCaw, Jones, McAdoo, even McGee, are a nice young bunch with some potential. Don't really see what Boston has to offer that is enticing, other than Thomas, that is if they'd want to pair Horford with Davis. I'd rather not include Klay in any deal but if needed, for Davis, I'd definitely include him. Heck, I'd include almost any three players other than Green, Curry and Durant. Adding Davis to those three would likely be the best four ever. Add Klay to that, if he could be kept and that'd be a starting five unmatched.

Rookie
» Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:04 pm
They are not going to get him. You would have to give them Durant or Curry to get Davis. He is a top 5 in the league guy.

Hall of Famer
» Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:41 am
That's what NO should want and not accept much less but they won't get that. Seems like nowadays trades for stars will give less in return than it used to. The talk has been that Boston can offer a few of their young players for Davis and those young players haven't done anything yet in their careers.

If Davis is on the trade block at all, this season or the next, the FO has got to make an offer, firstly without including any of the big four. If Klay really wanted out, he could be included also.

Rookie
» Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:56 pm
Those articles are just rumors/clickbait. They aren't going to trade him. Not anytime soon anyway.

With a player as good as Davis, they really only need to add one other star player. Then you just fill out the rest with decent serviceable players. They've got him signed for 5 years so I think they will try to do that for at least a couple years before they even think about trading him. It would have to be a ridiculous return on the deal for them to even consider it.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:06 pm
won't happen...plus we couldn't afford to pay curry, kd, klay, green, and Davis....Curry and KD alone are gonna be tricky to pay max money to

Starting Lineup
» Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:07 pm
plus the pelicans would be insane to entertain any trades around Davis, he's a guy you build around until you absolutely know he doesn't want to be there long term.