We lose to the Lakers

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:23 pm
I don't get it. 3 years in a row. We lose once a year every year to the Lakers, even when they aren't good anymore. But they are 3 and 3 now with Luke Walton.

Franchise Player
» Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:14 am
horrible loss.

expect a lot of these as the season goes on. you know where the Warriors just don't show up on the back end of a back2back.

It's ok this warriors team will still win 55-65 games a year but don't expect any 73-9 magic. gotta think long term!

All Star
» Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:46 am
But what does this kind of game say about our lack of strength at center?

Site Admin
» Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:42 am
It's just one of those odd things that happen in sports, it's ineffable. Sure you got the back-to-back, but this early in the season that seems more like an excuse than anything. Kerr was throwing out some funky lineups (some actually worked well), I think to mostly experiment with how we can stop inside-out teams without using up all of Zaza and West's PT.

Mostly it was just a bad shooting night, and a sloppy game. When Klay and Curry shoot like they did, which BTW was the first time they have ever been remotely that bad in the same game, on the same night we turn the ball over and fail to convert so many easy buckets, we're gonna have a bad time.

I feared going into the season that we'd see one of our older players digress. I really hope that's not the case with Iggy, but it's starting to look like that could be the case. He's just looked bad; ok on D as usual, but can't hit anything, is missing layups, and uncharacteristically careless with the ball.