Kevin Durant to appear on Any Given Wednesday Bill Simmons HBO

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Franchise Player
» Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:49 am
Heads up..

Bill sits down with Kevin Durant tonight to talk what's been going on.

Should be a interesting view. I don't actually have HBO so a brief description of what was asked and what was said would be sweet.

:D

Site Admin
» Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:46 pm
Thanks for the heads-up, Pawndawg.

Nor do I have HBO, but via other means, I'll see what I can do as far as a summary or key quotes. However, given the attention paid to everything KD does, I'm sure there'll be thousands of articles about it the following day.

I'm happy Simmons is interviewing KD, as he's very supportive, pragmatic, and unsalted regarding the move. Of course it's not like Durant would give a 1-on-1 with a troll like Stephen A.

Bill's podcast is on SoundCloud, and is very good, IMO.

Site Admin
» Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:32 pm
Meh... I watched it and easily the best part of the episode (the only one I've seen) was Vince Staples.

KD came on with Nas, of which Simmons said, "apparently they're a package deal." I took that as him hinting at how he would have preferred just KD, as probably most people. Not sure if this is because of Nas, or maybe the show is just a little more generic talkshow-like, but the interview was pretty lame overall.

Simmons threw some softballs, and went for the low-hanging fruit/obvious questions, like asking about the backlash, and KD's take on people saying he's weak and influential. Blah, blah...

The one thing that surprised me was how defensive and almost spiteful KD was towards Simmons, who has been a supporter of the move. I can see why KD would be like this towards the media after having just endured an off season of baseless slander, unwarranted hate, and a constant barrage of guilt-trips and shaming, from all directions. Feels like he just wants to stop talking, shut everyone up, and just get out on the court.

Overall, you didn't miss much except for Vince Staples being his typical hilarious self.