Our First Game is against San Antonio

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:05 am
What a surprise. Last year we didn't face The Spurs until late. This year we face them on our very first game. And I have a feeling that the NBA did this because they want to try to spoil the Warriors opener. They are aware that the Spurs have more chemistry. Duncan didn't even play much last year. So they think that the Spurs have the best chance at spoiling Durant's first game as a Warrior. That's what I'm guessing. So I'm predicting right now that the Warriors will make headlines next year in their first game. Not from a win, but from a loss. It's going to be a learning experience. I am anticipating a Miami Heat Big 3 type start to the season. There's going to be more adjustments then once previously thought. Another reason why I think it's going to be harder than once thought is due to the fact that Australia almost beat Team USA and 3 of the players are Warriors. And Bogut was a very important factor defensively for Australia. Durant also didn't play too well, so it demonstrated how much we lost in Bogut. He fouled Durant real hard too. I think he was sending a message.

All Star
» Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:21 am
Facing Cavaliers on Xmas again
http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/article/Warriors-vs-Cavaliers-a-Christmas-treat-9137509.php

The Warriors will get their first shot at the NBA champion Cavaliers on Christmas Day, in Cleveland. The Cavaliers visit the Warriors on Jan. 16, Martin Luther King Jr. Day

The NBA schedule released Thursday afternoon has the Warriors opening the season at home Oct. 25 against the Spurs.

The Warriors host the Thunder, Kevin Durant’s former team, Nov. 3, and the Warriors make their first appearance in Oklahoma City on Feb. 11.

The Warriors will be facing several players and one coach from last season’s Golden State team that won 73 games and lost in the NBA Finals to Cleveland.

The Warriors play at Portland on Nov. 1, their first look a Festus Ezeli in a Trail Blazers uniform. On Nov. 4 the Warriors play in Los Angeles against the Lakers, now coached by Luke Walton, who coached the Warriors through the first half of last season while Steve Kerr was out of action.

The Dallas Mavericks, new home of Andrew Bogut and Harrison Barnes, play the Warriors in Oakland on Nov. 9, and the Warriors’ first meeting against the Clippers, who signed Marreese Speights, is Dec. 7 in Los Angeles.

The Warriors have a couple of rough stretches in February and March. From Feb. 2 through Feb. 13, they play five of six games on the road, and from Feb. 27 through March 11, they play seven of eight games on the road.

The Warriors will have two five-game trips, including one from Feb. 27 to March 2 that takes them to Philadelphia, Washington, Chicago, New York and Atlanta.

The Warriors finish the regular season by playing six of their final seven games at home, including the finale April 12 against Walton’s Lakers, assuming they are still his Lakers.

Site Admin
» Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:06 pm
I'd argue that, even despite the roater changes, that wr have the best team chemistry - at least our core of Curry, Green, Klay, Iggy, and what will surely develop with KD.

I'm not worried about it, I actually prefer it being a better team. If we lose, ok, we've got some things to workout, but if we destroy them then future opponents will go into games already feeling defeated.

All Star
» Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:03 pm
Give me credit. I was right. It happened exactly how I envisioned it. A 29 point loss. No team is better than San Antonio to do that to us.

Site Admin
» Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:40 am
Stairway Man wrote:Give me credit. I was right. It happened exactly how I envisioned it. A 29 point loss. No team is better than San Antonio to do that to us.

You predicted a loss - which you always do; I don't think you've ever predicted a Warriors win - you're going to win that coin toss eventually, and with any other team, if you predict a loss in a big game/series/etc, then you'll win that bet well over 50% of the time.

Let's also not act like you were all in on this either. Sure, you predicted this would be a loss, but you went from it being a "learning experience" to "we're screwed." Just as you clamoured to get KD before and somehow now you seem to hate him and regret the decision... I'm stopping there, check your PMs.