Farewell

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Starting Lineup
» Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:57 pm
I arrived at this fantastic forum some years ago when Andrew Bogut was traded to the Golden State Warriors. I had grown up supporting Kevin Garnett and the Timberwolves and had always enjoyed supporting the underdogs. After Garnett left for Boston, I started following Bogut at the Bucks and then followed him here. The Bogut trade wasn't welcomed at first by the Warriors faithful supporters but he promised to change the culture of this team and I believe that he has done that. Prior to Bogut arriving, the Warriors were always a team that could score 120 points in a game and still lose by 10 points. He has been instrumental in making this team one of the best defensive units in the league and has helped the development of the Warriors young draft picks(Green, Ezeli and Barnes) into the elite defensive players that they are now. I believe that Bogut by definition, has been a true Warrior for this team.

Kevin Durant has chosen to join the best basketball team in the world and who could blame him? I don't blame the Warriors either as who wouldn't want one of the best 3 players in the world(along with Curry and Lebron) if given that opportunity. This decision has subsequently forced the Warriors to trade Bogut to Dallas to free up salary. Personally, I would have preferred KD to stay at the Thunder and continue the rivalry with the Warriors but I'm a bit old fashioned. I wasn't a fan of Lebron and his 'Super Team' in Miami so I can't be a hypocrite and support KD at the Warriors. I preferred the NBA when all the teams had their own star players, even the smaller teams. I loved seeing Kemp and Payton at the Sonics competing with Jordan and Pippen on the Bulls or Malone and Stockton at the Jazz or Barkley at the Suns or Mourning and Johnson at the Hornets or Thomas and Dumas at the Pistons or Wilkens at the Hawks and so on and so on. I won't be following the Warriors anymore but I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone on this forum for the conversations and humour over the last few years. I appreciate the contributions made by the likes of Jreed, Migya and Mullin17 to keep this forum active in recent times and other guys like 32, Crackers, Guybrush, 8th Avenue , BayAreaHoopz and Krome for their efforts in the past. I won't be following Bogut to the Mavericks. I still like the Timberwolves and believe their young squad have a great future but with Ben Simmons being drafted into the NBA, I've decided to support the 76ers next season.

Thanks Goldenstwarriors.com. :D

Regards,
Ringo

All Star
» Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:05 pm
Ringo wrote:I arrived at this fantastic forum some years ago when Andrew Bogut was traded to the Golden State Warriors. I had grown up supporting Kevin Garnett and the Timberwolves and had always enjoyed supporting the underdogs. After Garnett left for Boston, I started following Bogut at the Bucks and then followed him here. The Bogut trade wasn't welcomed at first by the Warriors faithful supporters but he promised to change the culture of this team and I believe that he has done that. Prior to Bogut arriving, the Warriors were always a team that could score 120 points in a game and still lose by 10 points. He has been instrumental in making this team one of the best defensive units in the league and has helped the development of the Warriors young draft picks(Green, Ezeli and Barnes) into the elite defensive players that they are now. I believe that Bogut by definition, has been a true Warrior for this team.

Regards,
Ringo

Ringo,

I hope that the door slams both you and Bogut on both of your collective @sses!

Bogut was stealing money from this franchise.

Bogut never showed up for big games.

Bogut would not play hurt.

Bogut (with a rib injury...pleezeee) would not play in the Clipper series 3 seasons ago.

Bogut, the no heart, frail body, no show is gone.

Joe Lacob and his philosophy is all about competing for championships. I am sure that you, Ringo, would rather live in the loser Chris Cohan-Chris Mullin-Don Nelson-Dave Twardzik-PJ Carlesimo eras. Have fun rooting for organizations and people who "settle" for marginality. Do you also pine for and miss watching the athleticism of both Todd Fuller and Adonal Foyle?
Last edited by uptempo on Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hall of Famer
» Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:33 pm
All the best Ringo and thanks for being a part of the small community we have here.

Starting Lineup
» Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:29 pm
Wow uptempo. So much anger. You should be happy. The Warriors could have the best team we've ever seen. Sorry I forgot to mention you and Stairway Man and there are probably a few other regulars from the last 4 years that I forgot to thank. Now that Durant is here, there should be plenty people ready to jump on the Warriors bandwagon so I'm hopping off to make some room. Seriously, I hope Durant's signing will generate more interest on this forum because it is one of the best that I've been involved with.

All Star
» Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:00 pm
Ringo, I understand your feelings but you should be happy about the Warriors getting Durant and stay onboard. Do not let this stop you from being part of our community and being a fan. That is my request.

All Star
» Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:18 am
Ringo wrote:Wow uptempo. So much anger. You should be happy. The Warriors could have the best team we've ever seen. Sorry I forgot to mention you and Stairway Man and there are probably a few other regulars from the last 4 years that I forgot to thank. Now that Durant is here, there should be plenty people ready to jump on the Warriors bandwagon so I'm hopping off to make some room. Seriously, I hope Durant's signing will generate more interest on this forum because it is one of the best that I've been involved with.

No anger coming from my direction, just blunt honesty.

Bogut was a disaster, and regardless of KD becoming a Warrior or not, Bogut leaving the Warriors can only improve the team's chances to win. Bogut never showed up for big games.

Good luck to you wherever you end up.

Site Admin
» Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:03 pm
Yeah, Ringo, man... hate to lose a quality member of the community, but I understand where you're coming from and applaud your honesty.

Just don't forget your password! Give us a follow on FB or Twitter: @GoldenDubsForum And definitely keep in touch. Just because you won't officially be a Dubs fan anymore doesn't mean you gotta be a stranger - I'll be looking for you in the game threads when we play the T-Wolves (who looks like they're gonna be great).

Thank you for contributing and making this site better!

Starting Lineup
» Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:30 pm
Thanks Jreed. Keep up the good work. I'll try and check in from time to time. I'll still enjoy watching Steph, Klay and Dray. I'm sure the new Warriors team, who I'm calling Quadzilla, will destroy the Cavs and everyone else in the next 2 or 3 seasons. Enjoy it Warriors fans, you deserve it.

All Star
» Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:59 pm
Ringo wrote:Thanks Jreed. Keep up the good work. I'll try and check in from time to time. I'll still enjoy watching Steph, Klay and Dray. I'm sure the new Warriors team, who I'm calling Quadzilla, will destroy the Cavs and everyone else in the next 2 or 3 seasons. Enjoy it Warriors fans, you deserve it.

Best of luck to you.

Dub Nation is always here to discuss hoops.

» Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:39 am
Thanks Ringo for all your contributions. Feel free to visit as a guest, or smack talk when our Warriors play your Aussies.