So now the Warriors have become a Team Full of Excuses?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1292
» Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:04 am
Or is it really rigged.

- Steve Kerr says that 3 of 6 of Curry's fouls were ridiculous. He says that Lebron flopped and he called out a ref by name

- Aesha Curry tweeted NBA is rigged

- Curry throws the mouthpiece at fan

So is our team becoming a team of sore losers and excuse makers? If we lose it can only get worse. What went wrong? It's kinda funny to me because it feels like Lebron wasn't even good this series except the last 2 games, 1 of them with no Draymond and 1 of them horribly officiated. Just doesn't seem fair.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 407
» Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:11 am
I think they have a legitimate gripe. Don't underestimate the greed of the Adam Silver and the NBA by extending this series to 7. On the play that Curry fouled out, he picked Irving clean. Only after Irving losing the ball did he run into the arm of Curry where the foul was called. Its such an obvious game plan. Suspend Green to make it a 6 game series. Call ridiculous fouls on Curry to take him out of the game to make it 7. I don't expect the calls to go the same way in game 7 and will probably be the most fairly called game since game 1.
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 4043
» Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:47 pm
Dude, when it's been happening not even all year, especially the playoffs, and... well, I'll leave it there... my point being, the frustration has just boiled over. This was a lead story on 4 of the national radio shows I listened to today, and at the very least, all, except for one, of the voices I heard were calling bullshit on the officiating - especially Curry's fouling out. I didn't catch all the fouls, but I did see at least 1 that was a legit foul, 1 that would never be called in even the closest of called playoff games, I believe another that was bad, and the last one that... there aren't words to describe how bad it was - Cavs just lost the ability to talk about flops....

No excuses though, and I'm not sure we need them - there's still another game, and it's in Oakland. There's a difference between making up excuses and then calling someone/something out because you feel like you're being treated unfairly, especially when it's "potentially" costing you games IN THE FINALS.

Think, have you ever heard so many people speak out against the NBA's decision making or questionable officiating? Sure, every season, every game, there's always fans that complain about calls/non-calls - normally the losing team, but for this to be a continued, headline, front-page, top-of-the-hour story, nationally, for about a month!

Forget us fans and the media, have you ever heard multiple, or many players, coaches, and people actively involved in the league speak out against the league and refs? We're talking about a dude that had even had 5 fouls all season, hadn't fouled out in almost 4 seasons? Who was our best chance to win the game? Yeah, that's fish you smell

All I'm saying, is many idiots seem to think the Warriors talk a lot of trash and in general, but those people also haven't considered they have a mic in front of them at all times, and the Cleveland Lebrons are taught how to deal with, and even manipulate, the media by the GOAT, king, media-circus ring-leader himself. This whole thing has turned into a fiasco and a total distraction from the game itself, which props to James, because this is his real homecourt.

But we could have prevented all of it. We lost the game by digging our grave offensively at the start of the game. We likely win if we just make a few buckets early on. Hats off to the Cavs in that regard; they have played "effective" D - difference between that, and "good," but everything is different in the playoffs - not turning the ball over, scoring efficiently, those are keys to beating us.

No respect to James though - he's winning lately, yeah, but not by playing basketball. I'm not knocking his performance, but the only reason why the season isn't over is because of his non-basketball plays.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1292
» Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:56 pm
JReed I love the way you explain things. So clear and fair. I am disgusted as an NBA fan. Is Adam Silver really that shady? He acts like he's all about integrity. Can u quickly tell me your opinion on what silver did to Sterling?

Rookie
Posts: 60
» Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:51 am
So if this series was as rigged as everyone wants to think it is...why did the NBA let it get to the 3-1 in the first place? Why was game 4 (the game that could have tied the series at 2 and guaranteed a game 6 right then and there) called so heavily in favor of the Warriors?

Just a couple questions because it definitely seems like you guys should be more upset at Green for losing his cool, and upset at the unfortunate luck that Bogut got injured (which I think is a MUCH bigger loss for you guys than anyone is pointing out). Ah but you guys CAN'T point to the absences of your two starters as a reason for this turnaround because that just means that we CLE fans have had a valid gripe since last year's Finals when we had 2 starters out...something GState fans constantly reminded us wouldn't have made a difference.

But alas here is my favorite quote from Bogut after game 4 from an article...

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/nba ... nba-finals
------article start--------
Bogut said. “Referees miss calls on both ends. Build a bridge and get over it and move on. It’s a Finals series, it’s physical. Never heard a team complain about officiating when they’re shooting more free throws for four games. I could be bad at math, but usually they tend to get more calls than us.”

Bogut was correct, sort of. While Golden State has attempted 14 more free throws than the Cavs over the past two games, Cleveland’s edge through the first two was so large that it still has a 10 attempt advantage overall.

---------article end-------------

So the league that is rigged decides to give the team it is trying to favor 14 fewer free throw attempts after they go down 2-0? Something isn't adding up here.

The way I see it, Bogut is right...it ends up even in the end. The game 4 scale tipped to you guys and the game 6 scale tipped to us. I haven't really heard much about the officiating in any other game so I'd say its been called fair for the most part. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though.
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 4043
» Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:00 am
Stairway Man wrote:JReed I love the way you explain things. So clear and fair. I am disgusted as an NBA fan. Is Adam Silver really that shady? He acts like he's all about integrity. Can u quickly tell me your opinion on what silver did to Sterling?

Thanks, but I could have been more fair to the Cavs and Lebron, or at least emphasized the point in which I did. He has played great, but the loss of respect for him, the Cavs, and the league come from the non-basketball impact on the game. For example: Silver admitting that the cavs lobbied for Green to be suspended 2 games by way of a flagrant 2 - that is some bullshit.

Not sure I get what you're asking about what Silver did to Sterling.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1292
» Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:16 pm
cavsFan11 wrote:So if this series was as rigged as everyone wants to think it is...why did the NBA let it get to the 3-1 in the first place? Why was game 4 (the game that could have tied the series at 2 and guaranteed a game 6 right then and there) called so heavily in favor of the Warriors?

Just a couple questions because it definitely seems like you guys should be more upset at Green for losing his cool, and upset at the unfortunate luck that Bogut got injured (which I think is a MUCH bigger loss for you guys than anyone is pointing out). Ah but you guys CAN'T point to the absences of your two starters as a reason for this turnaround because that just means that we CLE fans have had a valid gripe since last year's Finals when we had 2 starters out...something GState fans constantly reminded us wouldn't have made a difference.

But alas here is my favorite quote from Bogut after game 4 from an article...

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/nba ... nba-finals
------article start--------
Bogut said. “Referees miss calls on both ends. Build a bridge and get over it and move on. It’s a Finals series, it’s physical. Never heard a team complain about officiating when they’re shooting more free throws for four games. I could be bad at math, but usually they tend to get more calls than us.”

Bogut was correct, sort of. While Golden State has attempted 14 more free throws than the Cavs over the past two games, Cleveland’s edge through the first two was so large that it still has a 10 attempt advantage overall.

---------article end-------------

So the league that is rigged decides to give the team it is trying to favor 14 fewer free throw attempts after they go down 2-0? Something isn't adding up here.

The way I see it, Bogut is right...it ends up even in the end. The game 4 scale tipped to you guys and the game 6 scale tipped to us. I haven't really heard much about the officiating in any other game so I'd say its been called fair for the most part. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though.



So I guess no matter how much I try to explain myself, you're going to think whatever you're going to think. I made it very clear that my thoughts go beyond the actual game and the actual results. There were many bad calls that even you would agree with. That itself should be enough for you to understand my justification and my opinion. I shouldn't even need anything more. But I know that whatever I say, you're just going to assume I'm upset at the actual result and am making excuses. Trust me, I know where you're coming from. Just wish you could trust me and what I say. I'm honest. I'm not just talking about the scores. But you keep on bringing up stuff that you assume I'm mad about and making excuses towards. And Cavsfan, It's not that I want to think that it's rigged, I believe everything with a full heart. Can you just believe me? You don't have to agree with my opinion, but just accept that maybe I really do believe what I believe and am not making excuses. That's all I ask. Because I'm trying not to have words put in my mouth. Ultimately, not everything is about winning. I also care about integrity and that's why I made a thread talking about the integrity. So let's try to get out this box and frame of mind we're in and go outside of it a little. I already congratulated you on the championship. Don't you think that means maybe I'm over this series as far as results? I am. But I just wish that the integrity would change in the future. And you should too. Not for just us, for everyone.

And as far as Bogut or you saying it evens out for everyone, you're not getting it. I don't care even if they try to even it out. It should be called consistently at all times. That's not even my point. I never said that if there's a bad call for my team but then they do a bad call for the other team later on, that that makes it fair. No because bad officiating is still bad officiating regardless of who shoots more free throws or if it's bad on both ends. That's not even my argument at all. My argument is good and honest and consistent officiating is good officiating. And anything else is bad, period. I don't care if the math evens out. Bad is bad. I hate how people try to spin it around and justify a bad situation. That's a straw mans fallacy.

And lastly, even if your team is outplaying the other team, that doesn't mean that the integrity of the game is irrelevant. I think you know that and I don't like how people try to run circles around the real issue. Regardless of winning or losing, bad, phantom officiating is still deplorable. Regardless of results or hypothetical results of good officiating. For example if you put Flloyd Mayweather in the ring with Connor McGregor and Floyd wins, but the officials are bogus, it doesn't matter if Mayweather is the better fighter and may have won anyways. If it's not officiated honestly then it's not officiated honestly. And that's how I feel and it's not going to change EVEN if the Warriors had won the Finals. EVEN if they had won 4 to 1. I feel that the NBA is not honest period. I don't care if the team that won was better and deserved it. That's a SEPARATE argument that I'm not even making.
Last edited by Stairway Man on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1292
» Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:25 pm
JREED wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:JReed I love the way you explain things. So clear and fair. I am disgusted as an NBA fan. Is Adam Silver really that shady? He acts like he's all about integrity. Can u quickly tell me your opinion on what silver did to Sterling?

Thanks, but I could have been more fair to the Cavs and Lebron, or at least emphasized the point in which I did. He has played great, but the loss of respect for him, the Cavs, and the league come from the non-basketball impact on the game. For example: Silver admitting that the cavs lobbied for Green to be suspended 2 games by way of a flagrant 2 - that is some bullshit.

Not sure I get what you're asking about what Silver did to Sterling.



Yup same for me. Lebron is a great player obviously, but I don't have respect for him as a person, never had much anyways. Lost all respect for the NBA as well. Some people are so close minded. They think that just because you think very low of someone as a person that it means you're bitter about how talented a person is. Not at all. People are so quick to judgement because it's easy to do or say.

As for as Donald Sterling, I'm just wondering if you felt that Silver made the right decision to ban Donald Sterling and try to force him to sell his team.

Rookie
Posts: 60
» Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:44 pm
Stairway man...I'm thoroughly confused after reading your post. So just getting the record straight...you do or you don't think this series is rigged in favor of the cavs? Because I was simply putting an argument out there that it is not...

I apologize if you felt like I was putting words in your mouth. That was not my intention
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1292
» Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:09 pm
cavsFan11 wrote:Stairway man...I'm thoroughly confused after reading your post. So just getting the record straight...you do or you don't think this series is rigged in favor of the cavs? Because I was simply putting an argument out there that it is not...

I apologize if you felt like I was putting words in your mouth. That was not my intention



Cavsfan if you wanna make the argument that you have outplayed us, then I guess I can't necessarily say you're wrong. But I feel that this series is all about Lebron James and preserving his legacy one more time before he declines. You will win tomorrow no matter what. So I'm congratulating you right now and you can still feel good since your team has played well. I don't feel like my Warriors have got as fair of a chance, but what can I say? The scoreboard is all that counts in the end. But isn't it fishy that I don't even play and I can already guarantee the outcome based on what I've seen? Yes, I guarantee that your team wins. That's sad that I don't even have a glimmer of hope. That's why I think it's rigged too because based on what I've seen I know the outcome.

To me, the fact that Tim Donoghy says that it's corrupt right now is enough to make me lean towards that. He has no reason to lie. He used to bet on games and he knew the outcome of certain games. He won a lot of money. Plus in the investigation it was found that he called lots of other refs and we don't know if they knew things too. There's too much evidence for me to believe that the league is not manipulating important games. 2002 Kings vs Lakers, 2006 Mavs vs Heat, and I really remember game 7 of Lakers vs Celtics when Lakers got every call in game 7. And as far as this series, I'm seeing a bunch of pathetic calls and Curry is not even allowed to play.

Rookie
Posts: 60
» Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:59 am
And why about last year? I assume that was rigged as well?
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 851
» Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:19 pm
Stairway why do you not have a "glimmer of hope" this game is a toss up but the warriors are at home. You have to remember that we are very tough to beat at home, and now we have draymond to help us out unlike game 5. I still have no clue as to which way I'm leaning (cars or warriors) but I do know the warriors will bring the intensity. If theres one thing I will fallback on is that a Steve kerr coached warrior team has NEVER lost 3 games in a row, although lebron is a very tough foe, i think we get this one?! lol I don't want to be like everyone else and say the game is rigged, but I have been suspicious for years that the NBA might try and steer games in the direction they want with that being said the players still have the opportunity to play better and win regardless of the refs. I do think that if the Warriors were down in the series that Green wouldn't have been suspended (like the OKC series we actually benefited form the leagues steering of games). I don't know if Im just rambling at this point but all can be put to rest with 1 more home win! 1 MORE WIN AT ORACLE!
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 4043
» Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:09 pm
Stairway Man wrote:
JREED wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:JReed I love the way you explain things. So clear and fair. I am disgusted as an NBA fan. Is Adam Silver really that shady? He acts like he's all about integrity. Can u quickly tell me your opinion on what silver did to Sterling?

Thanks, but I could have been more fair to the Cavs and Lebron, or at least emphasized the point in which I did. He has played great, but the loss of respect for him, the Cavs, and the league come from the non-basketball impact on the game. For example: Silver admitting that the cavs lobbied for Green to be suspended 2 games by way of a flagrant 2 - that is some bullshit.

Not sure I get what you're asking about what Silver did to Sterling.



Yup same for me. Lebron is a great player obviously, but I don't have respect for him as a person, never had much anyways. Lost all respect for the NBA as well. Some people are so close minded. They think that just because you think very low of someone as a person that it means you're bitter about how talented a person is. Not at all. People are so quick to judgement because it's easy to do or say.

As for as Donald Sterling, I'm just wondering if you felt that Silver made the right decision to ban Donald Sterling and try to force him to sell his team.

Ahh, that Sterling...

Well, I see it like this: NBA teams are franchises of a greater business, and it's within the league's right to force an owner out if they violated the rules or conduct. Obviously in a sport made up of a majority of Afican Americans, the league can't grant a 1st ammendment pass on that one.

I do take issue with people somehow suggesting he shouldn't have been entitled to the insane amount of money he made from the sale of the team - that's just goes against everything our country allegedly stands for. Nobody has the right to completely take something from someone because of something they said, no matter how distasteful thise words were.

I don't have a problem with how they handled it. It sucks Sterling probably would have sold anyways had he known he was sitting on that much money though.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1292
» Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:13 pm
cavsFan11 wrote:And why about last year? I assume that was rigged as well?



You don't need to go there Cavsfan. You just need to go enjoy your championship and go to the parade.

All Star
Posts: 2885
» Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:08 pm
It is interesting how Bogut was quoted in this thread; yet, nobody ever holds Bogut accountable for always being a "no show" when it comes to big games, especially in the playoffs.

The Bogut apologists need to face the reality of how Andrew will never be a player whom the team can count on, especially in a big game.

Is Al Horford available?

Lastly, congratulations to the Cavs, especially to LBJ, and to their fans. You guys are gritty, classy, and now have a championship to celebrate. LBJ coming back home and bringing a championship to his hometown make for a great story. I am looking forward to multiple Warrior-Cavalier championship series into the next decade.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 29 guests