Welcome Anderson Varejao!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

» Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:22 pm
Ladies & Gentlemen: Sideshow Bob has arrived!

Thoughts? I know he's not what he once was, but Varejao in comparison to Jason Thompson is Wilton Norman Chamberlain. HUGE upgrade in the absence of Festus & Bogues.

Site Admin
» Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:46 pm
I think it's a pretty solid move. Even if Bogut's injury doesn't keep him out long, we're still going to need another big to mitigate his minutes until Festus returns. I still foresee a lot of small-ball, but at least we're not boxed into a corner.

Admittedly, i haven't seen Varejao play much lately, but can he still run?

Hall of Famer
» Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:12 pm
As long as he helps it's a good move. He has the experience at least.

Starting Lineup
» Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:14 pm
Wow. Great move. I was one of the few that liked Thompson but I love Varejao. He'll provide energy and rebounding and will be a handy backup to Bogut and Ezeli. I also love the fact that we just got one of Lebron's favourite teammates and a Cavaliers fan favourite.

Site Admin
» Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:33 pm
I'll be happy to see Varejao finally get a ring. :mrgreen:

Starting Lineup
» Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:44 am
Don't flop. If you flop, I boo you AV, warrior or not. Youre on a championship squad, act like a champ, don't flop. Floppers are for losers like the Clippers. Be better than that AV. Time to leave your earned rep as a flopper in the eastern conference. New pastures. If you flop, Lacob will schedule an intervention for you so you know that you ain't in Cleveland anymore.

» Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:42 am
^ That's part of his game, Rock. Varejao can't unlearn his flopping ways just because he plays on our squad now. For what it's worth, nobody seems to mind guys like Carl Landry, Mike Dunleavy, and Andrew Bogut taking obvious dives on charges when they're playing for US. I seriously doubt Varejao's flopping will bother you as much as it did in the past. We tend to accept players' faults when they're on our team. See Matt Barnes.

Site Admin
» Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:57 pm
rockyBeli wrote:Don't flop. If you flop, I boo you AV, warrior or not. Youre on a championship squad, act like a champ, don't flop. Floppers are for losers like the Clippers. Be better than that AV. Time to leave your earned rep as a flopper in the eastern conference. New pastures. If you flop, Lacob will schedule an intervention for you so you know that you ain't in Cleveland anymore.

Meh, everyone flops to some extent. Also, not flopping and being a champ aren't mutually exclusive - see the Spurs with Parker and Ginobili for reference.

I think we could stand to start embellishing a lot more, honestly.

All Star
» Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:55 pm
He will bring energy and a good attitude and the warriors needed help with injuries but I think he's just garbage anymore.

Starting Lineup
» Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:25 am
JREED wrote:
rockyBeli wrote:Don't flop. If you flop, I boo you AV, warrior or not. Youre on a championship squad, act like a champ, don't flop. Floppers are for losers like the Clippers. Be better than that AV. Time to leave your earned rep as a flopper in the eastern conference. New pastures. If you flop, Lacob will schedule an intervention for you so you know that you ain't in Cleveland anymore.

Meh, everyone flops to some extent. Also, not flopping and being a champ aren't mutually exclusive - see the Spurs with Parker and Ginobili for reference.

I think we could stand to start embellishing a lot more, honestly.

I say cut him! His flopping is bad karma, frowned upon by basketball gods.
but seriously, psychologically the other team sees a flopper and theyre thinking -- "this guy sucks so bad he needs to rig the game and bait the refs"
aka confidence boost for the other team. That's why I don't like 'hack a shaq' strategy also. It gives the other team confidence and the impression
you can't play real defense you have to use cheap tactics.

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:16 am
Having picked him up gives a very important option to the team in being able to resign him for cheap, like vet's exception. It allows for the release of Ezeli, who likely will be offered over 17 million by some team. That would also allow great free agent relevance, with the salary cap reportedly being over 95 million, the team could have a great shot at Durant or other very key FAs.