Warriors were fools gold

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:08 pm
Getting killed by Blazers. So disheartening. Lilard putting up career high. Absolutely disgusting. This team is full of excuses. We ain't gonna win it all this year or get the record or sign Durant. It was all a dream.

On the Blazers board, a lot of their fans are saying that they think Lizard is better than Curry all around.
» Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:59 pm
we go 70 and 12
sign Durant
and win the whole thing!

curry
barnes
Durant
green
bogut

Thompson and andre for durant

Site Admin
» Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:26 pm
CHRIS MULLIN wrote:we go 70 and 12
sign Durant
and win the whole thing!

curry
barnes
Durant
green
bogut

Thompson and andre for durant

This makes no sense. KD is a FA, no trading required, though there likely will be because no team will max out the upcoming cap and we could afford to shed a contract. That'll also mean probably not re-signing Barnes and/or Ezeli, Livingston, etc.

Site Admin
» Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:51 pm
Stairway Man wrote:Getting killed by Blazers. So disheartening. Lilard putting up career high. Absolutely disgusting. This team is full of excuses. We ain't gonna win it all this year or get the record or sign Durant. It was all a dream.

On the Blazers board, a lot of their fans are saying that they think Lizard is better than Curry all around.

There it is... dude, stairway, it's one bad loss - actually it was one really bad quarter for us and some excellent quarter for them. No excuses, we lost, but we bounced back against the Clippers (a much better team that just handled the Spurs), and last i checked we still only have 5 losses. We would need to lose as many games in the upcoming 28 games as we did throughout the first 54, which is statistically unlikely.

Chill man, it's not time to start smashing the panic button yet.

And a huge LOL @ Lillard being anywhere near Steph in any single aspect of the game. I'm not going to give that any validation by arguing it. Every diluted fan of a team with a decent PG has claimed their guy is better than Steph, which is more of a complement for Curry than anything.

All Star
» Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:05 am
Our last hope is Anderson Verajao. I guess Ezeli isn't playing and Bogut is questionable so they had to go get another guy in Verajao. But boy those 2 better get healthy. Verajao has had health problems himself.

Starting Lineup
» Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:06 am
Stairway Man wrote:Getting killed by Blazers. So disheartening. Lilard putting up career high. Absolutely disgusting. This team is full of excuses. We ain't gonna win it all this year or get the record or sign Durant. It was all a dream.

Ah Stairway :roll: . I see some things never change.

Site Admin
» Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:59 pm
Stairway Man wrote:Our last hope is Anderson Verajao. I guess Ezeli isn't playing and Bogut is questionable so they had to go get another guy in Verajao. But boy those 2 better get healthy. Verajao has had health problems himself.

Also, look at the bright side - if we do go on to tie or set the record, and win the Finals, no other team, player, fan, or analysts (they were among the few that didn't actually) can claim we got lucky by way of health. Our bad luck with health this season - admittedly still lucky when compared to some teams - has taken their ready-made excuses for kicking their asses.

You've got to be the most pessimistic Dubs fan (that's saying a lot) to count us out after that loss. The same goes for us losing a couple guys - we had the best bench in the league last season, and i believe that same bench is in there somewhere, more so i believe Kerr and Adams are the coaches to rediscover them. That'll be the ultimately be the determining factor.

It's no surprise we got screwed by the schedule makers:
  1. We're currently sitting on the hardest remaining strength of schedule (we started out easiest in the West, but that's partly because we made it harder on everyone else). Something like half our games are back-to-backs, so this is why I place so much importance on the bench.
  2. We're on our 2nd 7 game road trip - yeah I count through the AS break, especially considering that our 3 best players participated in 2 or more events.
  3. We're 1 of only 5 teams to have a road trip longer than 6, and the only to have more than one.
  4. We've played the 2nd highest % of away games through the AS break. For context: OKC and SAS are 29th and 27th respectively.

So yeah, there's nothing "fools gold" about this team - and if we finish what we started, absolutely nobody can take that away from us. So, Stairway, chill chill now, and chill next season if/when you read on some other boards how we didn't deserve to win.

Starting Lineup
» Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:42 am
Not sure if serious.

Fools gold. Yes, that's probably the most accurate description of this team. 2015 champs, fools gold. 2016 best record pace ever, fools gold.

Check marks checked on every category of a great team, but yes fools gold. Is this even serious lmao. Sometimes I just don't know.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:24 pm
JREED wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:Our last hope is Anderson Verajao. I guess Ezeli isn't playing and Bogut is questionable so they had to go get another guy in Verajao. But boy those 2 better get healthy. Verajao has had health problems himself.

Also, look at the bright side - if we do go on to tie or set the record, and win the Finals, no other team, player, fan, or analysts (they were among the few that didn't actually) can claim we got lucky by way of health. Our bad luck with health this season - admittedly still lucky when compared to some teams - has taken their ready-made excuses for kicking their asses.

You've got to be the most pessimistic Dubs fan (that's saying a lot) to count us out after that loss. The same goes for us losing a couple guys - we had the best bench in the league last season, and i believe that same bench is in there somewhere, more so i believe Kerr and Adams are the coaches to rediscover them. That'll be the ultimately be the determining factor.

It's no surprise we got screwed by the schedule makers:
  1. We're currently sitting on the hardest remaining strength of schedule (we started out easiest in the West, but that's partly because we made it harder on everyone else). Something like half our games are back-to-backs, so this is why I place so much importance on the bench.
  2. We're on our 2nd 7 game road trip - yeah I count through the AS break, especially considering that our 3 best players participated in 2 or more events.
  3. We're 1 of only 5 teams to have a road trip longer than 6, and the only to have more than one.
  4. We've played the 2nd highest % of away games through the AS break. For context: OKC and SAS are 29th and 27th respectively.

So yeah, there's nothing "fools gold" about this team - and if we finish what we started, absolutely nobody can take that away from us. So, Stairway, chill chill now, and chill next season if/when you read on some other boards how we didn't deserve to win.

That just shows how much greater the performance this season is. The team deserves all the credit and as fans it is like a reward for so many years of losing.

All Star
» Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:40 pm
As good as Warriors have been, you can make a case the Spurs have been more dominating. They have the highest point diff and their starters play as few minutes as ours.

» Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:37 am
Stairway Man wrote:As good as Warriors have been, you can make a case the Spurs have been more dominating. They have the highest point diff and their starters play as few minutes as ours.

I have put up with these sorts of comments all season from you, Stairway, and the simply fact is: NO, there is ZERO argument for claiming the Spurs - or the Cavs or the Clippers or whichever flavor-of-the-month ball club you're tripping on - have had a better, more dominating, cleaner, or otherwise more impressive season than the Golden State Warriors.

At this moment in time, there is ONE team the Warriors haven't surpassed... and that's the 70-win Bulls. Nobody playing in the NBA today is even in the same library as the Warriors. And I'm sick of reading you cry wolf every time they lose a game (which is roughly once a month).

We are the favorites, not the underdogs. Accept it. To say otherwise sounds foolish.

Site Admin
» Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:15 pm
32 wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:As good as Warriors have been, you can make a case the Spurs have been more dominating. They have the highest point diff and their starters play as few minutes as ours.

I have put up with these sorts of comments all season from you, Stairway, and the simply fact is: NO, there is ZERO argument for claiming the Spurs - or the Cavs or the Clippers or whichever flavor-of-the-month ball club you're tripping on - have had a better, more dominating, cleaner, or otherwise more impressive season than the Golden State Warriors.

At this moment in time, there is ONE team the Warriors haven't surpassed... and that's the 70-win Bulls. Nobody playing in the NBA today is even in the same library as the Warriors. And I'm sick of reading you cry wolf every time they lose a game (which is roughly once a month).

We are the favorites, not the underdogs. Accept it. To say otherwise sounds foolish.
Actually, thus far this season there's nobody in history ahead of us. We do own the best record up to this point in the season.

Kinda went in a little hard on our resident Chicken Little, but think stairway needed some reality checking and tough love.

The Dubs are the favorites and will be until they someone can challenge the throne. Gotta pull this one back out:

All Star
» Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:24 am
32 wrote:

All I'm saying is you can make an argument that the Spurs have been as impressive because while we may be the first team to 53 wins, the Spurs have the highest point differential, which I believe is the highest in the history of the NBA. Plus their average age is 36. That cannot be ignored, regardless of what happens in the playoffs. Having the highest point differential in the history of the NBA has to automatically place you just about on par with all of the greats. You are telling me that having the highest point differential is some easy task that any team can get?

I'm not being negative. The Warriors just pulled a win out of their ass and look unstoppable no matter the case, but the Spurs still have the highest point spread in history.

Site Admin
» Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:26 am
Stairway Man wrote:All I'm saying is you can make an argument that the Spurs have been as impressive because while we may be the first team to 53 wins, the Spurs have the highest point differential, which I believe is the highest in the history of the NBA. Plus their average age is 36. That cannot be ignored, regardless of what happens in the playoffs. Having the highest point differential in the history of the NBA has to automatically place you just about on par with all of the greats. You are telling me that having the highest point differential is some easy task that any team can get?

I'm not being negative. The Warriors just pulled a win out of their ass and look unstoppable no matter the case, but the Spurs still have the highest point spread in history.
You do realize the Spurs pt differential is +12.5, not the +14 that Spurs fans were scaring you with back in January? The Dubs are 2nd with +11.3, OKC is 3rd with +7.2, CLE 4th +6.1, nobody else is +5. So while it's impressive, we're not too far behind them in their/your coveted stat. Plus, we've played far more road games than they have. The highest ever is like 12.3 by multiple teams, and they have a rough schedule coming up, so they don't have that record locked up yet by any means. Actually, if they continued to average +12.5 and only lost 2 games by 1, they wont get it, so people need to stop talking like that's definitely going to happen.

Also, how te hell does them being 36 make their season any better? No, that should not be noted, it's interesting and mildly impressive, but all teams are judge equally.

Look, the Spurs are great, but right now the Warriors are the stuff of 60's Celtics, Show Time Lakers, and 96 Bulls - legend. Their season thus far is the Peyton Manning to our Tom Brady or Montana. Would you rather beat up on lesser teams like the Jazz, 76ers, Bucks, T-Wolves, Suns, etc by 25-50, or win more games? Speaking of the 76ers, had that historically bad team only lost by 25 and not the 51 that they did, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

Maybe they do break the record, but if we win 73 and the Finals, nobody will care. It'll just be an interesting stat in the Warriors shadow.

Oh wanna hear another interesting stat? The Warriors gave the Spurs their worst loss of the season, by 30 pts. 8)

All Star
» Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:49 pm
J.Reed, I'm not on the Spurs side. I'm just saying that you cannot just dismiss point differential. Somehow, someway the Spurs have a higher point differential than the 96 Bulls and us. Duncan, Ginobili and Parker aren't in their prime. Aldridge is probably their 2nd best player. And somehow they have the highest point differential in history. I didn't say it was much higher than ours. But it is higher than ours, just like how we have the top record but only by a few games.

And we did beat the Spurs by 30, but we have not played them in their arena yet, the arena we have not won in 20 years. Just saying. They still have time to make ground. How does point differential not deserve consideration for one of the best seasons ever?