NEW MEMBERS: INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

» Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:36 pm
Greetings, fellow Warriors fanatics!

On behalf of this forum's moderators, veteran posters, and owner (JREED), I would like to extend my personal thanks to you for choosing to join us in this corner of the internet to discuss one of the great franchises in the history of professional sports, the Golden State Warriors.

As one of 3 surviving franchises from the inaugural BAA season of 1946, the Warriors have spent over 7 decades thrilling and entertaining fans of the sport with their historically high-octane offenses - from the greatest underdog lineup to ever win the title (the 1975, Rick Barry-led Warrior team), to the immortally canonized Run-TMC version of the early 90's, through the "We Believe" spark plugs of the mid 2000's, and all the way up to the present day, in the form of the 2014-'15 NBA Champion Golden State Warriors - led by the Splash Brothers, Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson.

We at GoldenStWarriors invite you to share your memories, opinions, frustrations, and everything in between with us here on the main Warrior discussion page. We do not feature a seniority-driven main page, like many forums. Here, we believe all opinions are valued equally... maybe it comes from rooting for a team that is perennially out-sized or counted out as the underdog. However, the message rings true here at GoldenStWarriors.com: however small, however new, and however frequently you choose to advertise it... your opinion matters here. And we want you to share it with us.

If you happen to be a fan of another NBA franchise and came upon this forum for civil discussion, you're in luck. We appreciate and welcome the posts of fellow fans from other arenas around the association... but be forewarned: keeping a civil tongue on this message board in paramount. We will not hesitate to ban you and delete your posts if you've come here to troll. It won't be the first time, nor will it be the last. However, if you've simply come here to discuss your team in a mature, respectful tone, we welcome you with open arms and look forward to hearing your input!

Please, take a moment to introduce yourself here on the Greetings thread. Let us know how long you've been a fan, who your favorite player is, who introduced you to this message board, or - if you'd prefer - just a simple hello will do the trick. We look forward to discussing ball with you as often as you'd like. Take care and GO WARRIORS!!! :D

Rookie
» Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:39 am
First time user here. Lifelong Warrior fan.

Site Admin
» Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:10 pm
Samoasoftball wrote:First time user here. Lifelong Warrior fan.

Welcome to the board Samoasoftball!

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:25 pm
Welcome Samoasoftball

Rookie
» Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:10 am
Thank you for having this space to send messages to all of the Warriors team! I LOVE watching them play and can clearly see the high quality and caliber of each team member as well as the staff! Thank you for representing the state of California with such integrity! :)

» Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:03 pm
Welcome to the board, superfan1! We're happy to have you!

Rookie
» Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:55 am
Greetings.

I use to live up in Union City and Fremont CA!!! I was probably about 15 minutes away from Oakland or a little more. If you live in those areas 70% of the people are Raiders/Warriors/A's fans. I've been to many games in the area however sadly I moved out in 2012 to San Diego... When I moved the Warriors started to pick up pace... and won without me being there.. :( Damn it!

Site Admin
» Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:11 am
Feelthefunk wrote:Greetings.

I use to live up in Union City and Fremont CA!!! I was probably about 15 minutes away from Oakland or a little more. If you live in those areas 70% of the people are Raiders/Warriors/A's fans. I've been to many games in the area however sadly I moved out in 2012 to San Diego... When I moved the Warriors started to pick up pace... and won without me being there.. :( Damn it!

That's rough for you, but please don't move back - for the sake of superstitious Dubs fans everywhere... :mrgreen:

Welcome to the board! Join us in the Game Threads

Rookie
» Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:23 am
JREED wrote:
Feelthefunk wrote:Greetings.

That's rough for you, but please don't move back - for the sake of superstitious Dubs fans everywhere... :mrgreen:

Welcome to the board! Join us in the Game Threads

My friends actually said the same. They don't want me to ever move back. They think by me moving to San Diego it's a good thing. The Warriors got better and I dread every day since I can't be there to watch it. Anyways... there are lots of superstitious fans. I remember someone that watched a game over at my house and he would get off the sofa and sit on the floor because he thought he was causing the miss shots. lol

Site Admin
» Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:31 am
Feelthefunk wrote:My friends actually said the same. They don't want me to ever move back. They think by me moving to San Diego it's a good thing. The Warriors got better and I dread every day since I can't be there to watch it. Anyways... there are lots of superstitious fans. I remember someone that watched a game over at my house and he would get off the sofa and sit on the floor because he thought he was causing the miss shots. lol

Oh man, you have no idea - I'm not even gonna embarrass myself by giving examples of the crazy things that run through my head, let alone what I've done...

Rookie
» Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:55 pm
New member, I"m coming straight from jacksonville. You can call me a bandwagon fan.

All Star
» Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:01 pm
good, currys bandwagon always has room for more :cheers:

Hall of Famer
» Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:55 pm
Welcome

Site Admin
» Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:29 pm
believer_904 wrote:New member, I"m coming straight from jacksonville. You can call me a bandwagon fan.

A belated "Welcome to the board."

As far as other fans are concerned, we're all bandwagonners at this point - as if there couldn't possibly any actual Warriors fans - who cares? The Bulls had plenty of bandwagon fans, its a honor really.

Rookie
» Thu May 12, 2016 8:33 am
Can someone direct me where the bandwagon fans go? I grew up in New Orleans before they had a team. I never really established a strong connection with any team. I admit, I'm loving this run and I can't explain it. I hate bandwagon fans. I rooted against Jordan in the 90s. I was the only one I knew who did so. I want Curry to destroy everything that dude ever accomplished. I can't help but root for the Warriors. I don't know what's happening to me.