NEW MEMBERS: INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu May 12, 2016 12:11 pm
mullin17 wrote:good, currys bandwagon always has room for more :cheers:

Hall of Famer
» Thu May 12, 2016 7:18 pm
Welcome Bandwagonr. I also rooted against Jordan and Chicago in the 1990s but admit they were probably had the best run other than the Boston teams of the 1960s that won 11 championships in 13 seasons. Hopefully this Warriors team can outdo and Curry even become the GOAT.

Site Admin
» Fri May 13, 2016 7:40 pm
Bandwagonr wrote:Can someone direct me where the bandwagon fans go? I grew up in New Orleans before they had a team. I never really established a strong connection with any team. I admit, I'm loving this run and I can't explain it. I hate bandwagon fans. I rooted against Jordan in the 90s. I was the only one I knew who did so. I want Curry to destroy everything that dude ever accomplished. I can't help but root for the Warriors. I don't know what's happening to me.

Curry happened to you, and it's ok, for all are accepted.

The way I see it, you gotta pick a team at some point, right? So it might as well be the best and funnest to watch - and don't worry, because even when we're bad, we're still a lot of fun to watch.

Welcome to the board!

Starting Lineup
» Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:05 pm
I guess i would like to welcome myself back to this forum... I actually haven't posted here in seriously like 8 years. Noticed some of the admins were the same such as jreed and migya. Hope to be active here once again

All Star
» Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:47 pm
VIZsanity wrote:I guess i would like to welcome myself back to this forum... I actually haven't posted here in seriously like 8 years. Noticed some of the admins were the same such as jreed and migya. Hope to be active here once again

Welcome. And I am a big time Player on this forum. I'm advising you to come back and stay. Warriors need their fans.

Site Admin
» Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:37 pm
VIZsanity wrote:I guess i would like to welcome myself back to this forum... I actually haven't posted here in seriously like 8 years. Noticed some of the admins were the same such as jreed and migya. Hope to be active here once again

Welcome back VIS! Yeah, we're trying to get this place going again, and a vet like yourself is always a huge addition to the community, so needless to say, I hope you're active as well!

Rookie
» Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:21 pm
Hello to all my Warriors brothers and sisters . I am new to this forum , and I hope to spend great time with you ::razz:

Hall of Famer
» Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:07 am
Ronzo wrote:Hello to all my Warriors brothers and sisters . I am new to this forum , and I hope to spend great time with you ::razz:

Hello Ronzo and welcome. Hope to see you around here often and have some good conversations. If you have any friends who are Warriors fans tell them to come here and take a look, maybe become part of the forum here.

Site Admin
» Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:28 pm
Thanks Migs, I'm happy at least one of us is on the Welcoming Committee.

Ronzo wrote:Hello to all my Warriors brothers and sisters . I am new to this forum , and I hope to spend great time with you ::razz:

Welcome to the board, Ronzo!

Rookie
» Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:31 am
I'm a Warriors fan since the 1970s. Tonight I watched the Allan Iverson story which came to mind, who would you rather have Curry or Iverson? Both are about the same size, except Iverson was an 11 time all star. Curry is better with the 3-point shot, but the 6-foot Iverson was very aggressive. I'd be interested to hear your comparisons.

Site Admin
» Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:21 pm
mjacobs784 wrote:I'm a Warriors fan since the 1970s. Tonight I watched the Allan Iverson story which came to mind, who would you rather have Curry or Iverson? Both are about the same size, except Iverson was an 11 time all star. Curry is better with the 3-point shot, but the 6-foot Iverson was very aggressive. I'd be interested to hear your comparisons.

Welcome to the board!

It's tough to answer that without bias, but you gotta think that with what Curry's accomplished thus far, and the career he's projected to have, he'll easily go down as the better player overall. Though it's hard to tell if it'd be different if he had to carry his team the same way AI did. On the other hand of that, Curry is without question the single biggest reason this team is what they are, from befriending guys like Iggy to build the roster, leading the way he has, and his contributions to our success.

AI also never had a season (nobody has) like Steph did last year.

AI was amazing, and as a fan in those days, I immediately recall how he captivated and drew in new fans. He was MJ or LeBron on a smaller scale, but Curry's impact has been more on par with those other greats. The Warriors have been declared saviors of the league and are already considered one of the greatest teams, by even their harshest critics, so I'd have to go with the guy that's the MVP of that team.

Almost every good thing I can say about AI, I can say about Steph, if not more so. So much for not being biased, but I'd like to hear an argument for Iverson over Steph.

All Star
» Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:24 pm
JREED wrote:
mjacobs784 wrote:I'm a Warriors fan since the 1970s. Tonight I watched the Allan Iverson story which came to mind, who would you rather have Curry or Iverson? Both are about the same size, except Iverson was an 11 time all star. Curry is better with the 3-point shot, but the 6-foot Iverson was very aggressive. I'd be interested to hear your comparisons.

Welcome to the board!

It's tough to answer that without bias, but you gotta think that with what Curry's accomplished thus far, and the career he's projected to have, he'll easily go down as the better player overall. Though it's hard to tell if it'd be different if he had to carry his team the same way AI did. On the other hand of that, Curry is without question the single biggest reason this team is what they are, from befriending guys like Iggy to build the roster, leading the way he has, and his contributions to our success.

AI also never had a season (nobody has) like Steph did last year.

AI was amazing, and as a fan in those days, I immediately recall how he captivated and drew in new fans. He was MJ or LeBron on a smaller scale, but Curry's impact has been more on par with those other greats. The Warriors have been declared saviors of the league and are already considered one of the greatest teams, by even their harshest critics, so I'd have to go with the guy that's the MVP of that team.

Almost every good thing I can say about AI, I can say about Steph, if not more so. So much for not being biased, but I'd like to hear an argument for Iverson over Steph.

I don't think that there's really an argument for AI over Steph in terms of numbers. Maybe some like his style more, his attitude, the way he played. A good, proven one man wrecking crew.