Should we be concerned about the Spurs?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:08 pm
At 16-4, they were on TNT tonight and crushed the Grizzlies. Reggie Miller says that the Spurs are going under the radar and have the top defense in the league, while Kawhi Leonard is an upcoming superstar. Reggie Miller says the Spurs love being overshadowed and under the radar.

The Spurs have a very strong front court and claims have been made that the Warriors weakness is the Spurs strength. The Spurs have Duncan, Aldridge and Leonard in their backcourt. Plus David West and Diaw in the back unit.

Tony Parker looks healthier this year. Spurs are much more dangerous when Parker is playing at a high level.

Skip Bayless says San Antonio is the Warriors Kryptonite.

Spurs were the only team last year to win the season series vs the Warriors.

Warriors still have not won a regular season game in San Antonio in 17 years. If they cannot crack that this year, then their is still a mental block.

Site Admin
» Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:08 am
Skip Bayless is cancer. Stephen A Smith is agent orange. I wouldn't even read or listen to a single work they write or say because they, along with ESPN, are the click-bait, shock-jock, TMZs of the sorts world.

The Spurs are a great team, and pretty much our last bit of unfinished business, but I'm not worried about them. Like I said before, I can't wait to play them - I wish it was tomorrow!

All Star
» Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:25 pm
They have been on my mind because of their blue print and pedigree. That is my most anticipated match up, I will circle that day because I am interested on how they match up.

Although I have not seen much of them this year, I already know what they are capable of and their record shows that. One thing I have kept in mind is the development of our guys. I can't wait to see them square up.

Site Admin
» Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:01 pm
If the season ended today, I couldn't imagine how the team that gets the Dubs in the 1st round would feel. We've basically been playing playoff basketball all season given what it would mean to any of these team if they beat us, and how badly we don't want to lose a single game.

We're far from perfect, but if we can stay healthy and clean up the stupid fouls and turnovers, the league wouldn't stand a chance.

Hall of Famer
» Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:34 pm
San Antonio has been great and any other season they'd likely be #1 so far but the Warriors are. It'll be a great matchup, as I think the Spurs are almost as good as the Warriors are, but the team is deeper and better on both ends, with the margin offensively being quite a bit. A WCF matchup with them would be great and likely.

All Star
» Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:33 am
And now we have to look at them breathing down our necks. New articles says Sorry Warriors, the Spurs are the NBA's best.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/01/05/so ... nbas-best/

All Star
» Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:20 pm
mullin17 wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:I can appreciate that but what about this story?

Spurs 10-6 record on the road. I aint buying it. It dont even mention we been playing without HB.

Spurs always win 60 games this is just another year for them. The Warriors start is historic and they can never take that away. its too late [-X

All Star
» Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:15 pm
On KNBR today they kept saying the Spurs are right with the Warriors and that it's too bad that the Warriors went 33 and 2 and yet only have a 3 game lead.

All Star
» Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:25 pm
How does a 33-2 record vs a 31-6 record only equal a 3 game lead? I dont get that

All Star
» Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:29 pm
mullin17 wrote:How does a 33-2 record vs a 31-6 record only equal a 3 game lead? I dont get that

4 games in the loss Column. 2 games in the win column. So you average the 2 out.

But the Spurs argument from their fans is that they have the better point differential, the best defense, and haven't even hit full stride. Additionally they claim that we have won more games that were toss ups and have been lucky, whereas they haven't been as lucky in the coin flip games.

All Star
» Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:34 pm
We did go 72-12 in a calendar year for the regular season. I think that should cement us as a top 2 or 3 top no matter what.

I'd like to get to 73, but how embarrassing would it be if we were so tired we lost the championship? That would be talked about for years. The best team ever that couldn't win in the playoffs.

Conversely, we may not have much of a choice if we want to maintain HCA because SA is breathing right down our heels.

Hall of Famer
» Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:34 am
mullin17 wrote:
mullin17 wrote:
Stairway Man wrote:I can appreciate that but what about this story?

Spurs 10-6 record on the road. I aint buying it. It dont even mention we been playing without HB.

Spurs always win 60 games this is just another year for them. The Warriors start is historic and they can never take that away. its too late [-X

San aNtonio has probably had the best ten to fifteen years in nba history, a showing of how great they've been but in truth, they never have had a season like the Warriors had last season and look like having this season.

This season will mean close to nothing if the team doesn't win the championship.

All Star
» Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:20 am
Stairway Man wrote:I'd like to get to 73, but how embarrassing would it be if we were so tired we lost the championship? That would be talked about for years. The best team ever that couldn't win in the playoffs.

If the Warriors continue with their blow out style, rest hasnt been a problem, with curry and others taking off so many 4th quarters. But I agree that happens here are 4 teams with best record in league to not win it all. :profileright:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/06/best-teams-ne ver-to-win-nba-title-warriors-cavaliers-2015-preview-time

» Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:55 pm
I'll simply state the obvious in regards to the topic: EVERY team in the league, from 99 til whenever Popp & Duncan depart, should be concerned about the Spurs.

LA was an incredible purchase for them. He has the necessary skills to be Duncan's protégé. With Parker still going strong along with the emergence of Leonard, the Spurs only seem to have gotten stronger with age.

As good as GS is, it would be foolish to take San Antonio lightly.

Hall of Famer
» Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:37 am
What makes the Spurs, and Popovich more than anything else, so great is that they get contributions from their whole team most of the time. I don't think Aldridge is a longterm (more than four or five years) option as he is about 30 years old I think and so likely won't be able to perform like he has for ten years more, but he certainly is one of the best bigs in the nba and was a huge addition for them, definitely able to replace Duncan when he retires soon. They do need another starting caliber PG, as Parker is regressing alot the last two seasons. San Antonio seems to always find the players to keep their high standard going.