Welcome 32 to the Mod team! + Board Changes

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:19 pm
The board has been undergoing some major changes behind the scenes lately, much of which will be revealed very soon. It's no secret that things haven't been too lively around here for some time, but instead of offering excuses or dwelling on things, I'd rather focus on where we're heading.

First, I'm excited to announce that 32 has agreed to join the mod team. 32 has been one of the original and most prolific contributors of this community for over a decade. Personally, I've always looked forward to his insightful, though often long winded posts. I have no doubt he'll play a huge role in making this a better site, as he already has for years.

Second, I reached out to hobbes a while back inquiring about assuming ownership of the site. He graciously agreed, though as the founder of this longstanding community, I'm sure the decision did not come easy. I want to thank Hobbes for making such a great place for us to discuss the team we all love and argue with strangers on the internet. I promise to do everything in my power to make this a thriving community once again.

As I mentioned in the beginning, there's going to be some pretty big changes here, most which I'll let you all see for yourselves as they roll in, but the biggest being a mobile friendly layout. I've been spending many long nights redesigning the board style so it'll look good and function well on all devices. I guess I just want to apologize for it taking this long to bring this site up to the current decade, we've definitely lost members due to this.

Finally, I just want to say thanks to everyone for sticking around through everything. Migs, Stairway, and 32 - you guys have singlehandedly kept this place alive and the discussion going - that means a lot more than any new code or layout ever will.

Welcome to the mod team, 32!

» Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:54 pm
Thank you for the kind words, JREED. It truly is an honor to be able to moderate a forum that has been such a big part of my sports watching life since I graduated high school just over a decade ago! This message board has always had a special place in my heart and now, poetically, I've been given an opportunity to give back to a place that has given so much to me over the years. I hope I make the mod team proud and serve the community in a manner that lives up to the standard set by JREED, Mr. Crackerz, Guybrush, hobbes, and all the other wonderful moderators to ever frequent this place.

Secondly, I'd like to take this time to thank JREED for taking charge of this place's overdue rehaul. While the forum has lived brightly since the early 2000's, most of us vets can attest that this message board has seen better days and a fresh start seems to be just what the doctor ordered. The tiresome nights that JREED is putting into this project are all for us, the members of this message board, and I for one am grateful to have such a dedicated, committed work horse at the head of this table. These web sites, like everything else, run from the top to the bottom and I couldn't imagine a more fitting person to arrange on top than JREED.

Lastly, I'd simply like to make a promise to all of the viewers of this forum that I will do my utmost to make sure things run smoothly, before, during, and after the transition to the new set-up takes place. I will make sure that this is a place for civil discussion and not anonymous, internet-tough-guy flaming. And I will never take my moderator position for granted. I never intend to use the ban hammer for anything but spambots and obvious trolls, nor do I intend to censor or delete anybody's post. This is YOUR forum and this place is yours to build. We, as moderators, are simply here to make sure the ride is as smooth as possible. I hope to make the mod team, and the forum as a whole, proud.

GO WARRIORS!

Site Admin
» Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:16 pm
Well put 32, and thanks for the kind words. You know just as well as I do that it's the site is nothing without the community it facilitates, hopefully those other things will help continue our growth. I know you'll do a great job.

I would like to give a special shoutout to Migs - as with any longstanding forum, members like him are the backbone of the community. He's been through it all here, and we fortunate to have him. There's other members with the "Hall of Fame" title, but in his case it represents much more than being a post whore. :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
» Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:04 am
Congrats on the appointment 32 and JREED for now being the owner.

It'd be nice to hear from hobbes at least one more time. Jeff always seemed to be a well spoken person who was part of the forum group but never really showed himself by not being around enough to post. Thanks to him for creating this forum which has been part of my life for ten years.

I would lastly like to say that I have not been around often the last two years because I am busy, with family, work and as some may know since I stated it almost two years ago, I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and that keeps me busy as well. I am still around but to be honest I'm not sure how much longer as nowadays I barely get time to check the nba frequently. This is not a farewell from me but I won't have one either, as in I won't post that I'm not going to be posting anymore I think, maybe I will if I see at a time that I would be better off not even pretending I come here.

I hope this forum picks up. This is usually done so by word of mouth, as in tell your friends or young ones you meet about this forum, which could have a great chance of picking up with the team as great as they are.

» Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:16 am
Welcome aboard, 32!

I have no doubt that you will do great job as a mod, and I wanna thank you for helping keep this place alive through all these years. Especially lately (ironically, the time when our Warriors won the title).

Now, onto the future and the new wins, for Warriors, and for us, to make this place as alive as possible.

All Star
» Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:37 am
Yay! This site deserves much growth. The most dedicated Warriors board on the planet! Getting this board to be more mobile friendly will definitely open up the doors for more growth.

All Star
» Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:47 am
Happy to hear the great news. Personally had some major transitions but life has settled down-more time to focus on the Warriors. Its been so beautiful to watch things work the way it has for them. Looking forward to the changes.

Site Admin
» Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:17 am
migya wrote:This is not a farewell from me ...

oh it better not be :mrgreen: we still need you!

I totally understand life getting in the way - it hasn't been easy putting so much time into the board - but I just wanted to say thanks for being such a big part of this place for so long :D ... And the many years to come :wink:

» Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:08 pm
JREED wrote:

I totally understand life getting in the way - it hasn't been easy putting so much time into the board - but I just wanted to say thanks for being such a big part of this place for so long :D ... And the many years to come :wink:

Yeah, ditto, migs. Your insight is a pillar to this forum and it would be an enormous loss to have you find your way elsewhere. Also, congratulations on your conversion to Jehovah's Witness. It's wonderful anytime somebody finds a calling that suits them and I hope it enriches your life to every degree that you've enriched this message board community. Cheers. :salute:

Franchise Player
» Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:57 pm
Congratulations 32!

Well deserved buddy.

» Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:32 pm
PAWNO wrote:Congratulations 32!

Well deserved buddy.

Thanks homie! :D

Hall of Famer
» Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:43 pm
32 wrote:
JREED wrote:

Yeah, ditto, migs. Your insight is a pillar to this forum and it would be an enormous loss to have you find your way elsewhere. Also, congratulations on your conversion to Jehovah's Witness. It's wonderful anytime somebody finds a calling that suits them and I hope it enriches your life to every degree that you've enriched this message board community. Cheers. :salute:

Thanks JREED, the work you've done since being mod is an example of commitment and knowledge and you are a great fit for administrator.

Thanks 32. You have grown up much over the years and seeing that has been a pleasure. You fit great as a moderator and you can lead on topics of the team very well.

I hope the forum grows much because you boys really know how to talk basketball and it has been an absolute pleasure being part of this forum and conversing with you all over such a long period of time.

All Star
» Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:03 pm
Where's he been?