The Golden State Warriors are the 2015 NBA Champions!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Site Admin
» Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:13 pm
:D :D :D

I never thought I'd appreciate ownership as much as I appreciate these guys:
It took a lot of people to make this happen, Curry of course, and Larry Riley for spending the 1st rounder to get the future MVP, but Lacob and the rest of our ownership deserve a lot of praise for turning this laughingstock of the league into champions.

So happy they made the right call and named Iggy MVP.

BRB, gotta go have a drink... Or 12...

Hall of Famer
» Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:31 pm
FINALLY THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS ARE NBA CHAMPIONS

I don't live there in Oakland but I've been a fan of this team for some 25 years. Finally the team is champion and I am happier than I've ever been as a basketball fan. Glad to share this with all of you on this forum.

Rookie
» Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:16 pm
Congratulations to all the Warrior fans. I've been a fan since the 70s. This year was a lot of fun. Champs!

All Star
» Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:28 pm
Very happy for them. But it got dicey when Cleveland wouldn't accept defeat and tried to get it close. They could have easily just folded when they were down 15, but they didn't want to go home yet. Iggy and Green were both missing free throws.

But in the end, it doesn't matter. We beat Lebron and Lebron can keep trying to win by himself every year.

Rookie
» Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:44 pm
Congrats guys, enjoy it, such a good feeing as a fan. Got a few more to go to catch up to us haha. Hopefully we can improve in the offseason and make things interesting in the Pacific division!

Franchise Player
» Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:43 am
Dream come true.

I've poured hours and plenty of dollars into this organisation. (like others)
It's been rough since Chris Webber got traded to the bullets... there was some good moments. but mostly misery!!!

Don Nelson.. Thank you for drafting Steph Curry.
Joe Lacob & Peter Gruber.. thank you for buying franchise from an awful owner in Chris Cohan and then giving us the pieces to build around Curry.

I was critical of firing Mark Jackson last year but Bob Myers deserves full credit for bringing Steve Kerr on board!!!

» Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:46 am
Woooohoooo!!! Champions!!!

Congrats to everyone on here. Man, we had some rough time on here, but we stayed with our team, a lot of us from this side of the pond stayed awake late nights and early mornings even when we were crap. But, it all was worth it in the end.

Everyone, show them how it's celebrated in Bay Area! Party time!

Rookie
» Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:01 am
Congrats you guys!

You guys are a great fanbase who deserves this. And your team was the best from start to finish.

Its always good to see long droughts end because it gives me hope that I won't need to wait another 50 years to see CLE win a chip.

And thanks for letting me chat. I'll be back for the rematch next year.

» Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:35 am
Hey, cavsFan11, you're a cool, respectful, and level headed guy. People here had good discussions with you, and you improved this board during the Finals. You are more than welcome to post here even before next year's finals, on all the topics.

Anyway, best of luck to you and your team in the next season.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:40 am
still cant really beleive it....after all these years of being the laughing stock of the league, being coupled with other teams like the clippers as bottom dwellers, we can finally call ourselves champs! And to think us Giants fans got to celebrate just a few months ago, what a great era for Bay Area sports. And I was glad to hear the parade will be in Oakland as it should be. :D :) :bday: :usa ::lol:

» Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:58 am
Really wanna be there for the parade, but, oh well, at least we won a championship. :) Who knows, maybe for the next one... [-o<

You guys from there, have some fun for us as well. :bday:

Site Admin
» Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:01 am
@cavsfan, man you've definitely been one of the best, objective, knowledgeable, and most respectful opposing team guest we've had on here. :D Thanks for contributing to some great discussion, and I hope we see you around long after this series (perhaps we'll meet again same time next Finals).

LeBron will bring a championship to Cleveland. Hell, I'm positive he would have already had he not left for Miami. He's got plenty left in the tank to be dominant for years and a great supporting cast. Mozgov is the best big he's had (top tier in general) and him with Kyrie make for probably the two best complements of star calibre players he's played with. Despite how I feel about Love's fit with LBJ, you guys definitely know what you have in TT now and will be able to leverage both of their strengths, making for an amazing 1-2 at the 4.

Let's face it, some teams in the East will likely improve (especially if the Wizards can land a big FA like Durrant returning home), but we say that every year and James is always there in the end, leaving teams in his wake. You guys are already Vegas' favorite to win it all, and for good reason - I do feel the Dubs' stock was unjustly lowered due to us not sweeping a Cavs team submitting some gutsy performances, both teams have been disrespected by the media.

Speaking of the media, they need to STFU about Blatt looking for work, that's just nonsense hyperbole.

Anyways, I'm not usually a big fan of these types of "atta boy, you'll get em next year" consolation posts, but I mean it, and you've been a classy fan.

Site Admin
» Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:15 am
LakersFan wrote:Congrats guys, enjoy it, such a good feeing as a fan. Got a few more to go to catch up to us haha. Hopefully we can improve in the offseason and make things interesting in the Pacific division!

Yeah, that's not happening, lol. I'll settle for cutting your championship wins lead in half over the next decade, so we've got four more to go. Still one more to go to catch the Spurs.

It really is one of the, if the the, most difficult things to do in American sports. The NBA is not known for parody, and while that might be where things are heading, we're never going to see flukes given the nature of the game and format of the postseason. You can't just get hot at the right time and catch some breaks, the Larry O'Brien trophy is definitely earned. Which is the reason why I seriously doubted whether or not we'd ever win it.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:46 pm
Congratulations to the Warriors team and organisation for a phenomenal season. 3rd best regular season + playoff record of all time I think I read. I can't imagine the relief for some of you fans who have had to endure many years of frustration but it must be satisfying for you all now. I've only been supporting the Warriors for the last few years but even in that time, the amount of improvement in this team in such a short time has surprised me. This team is built for success in the next few years with a young and talented core. That may not translate into a dynasty of championships but there still should be a lot of success in the future. I look forward to a rivalry building between a healthy Cleveland Cavaliers and the Golden State Warriors, hopefully with a rematch in the NBA finals next season.

Rookie
» Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:19 am
Guybrush wrote:Hey, cavsFan11, you're a cool, respectful, and level headed guy. People here had good discussions with you, and you improved this board during the Finals. You are more than welcome to post here even before next year's finals, on all the topics.

Anyway, best of luck to you and your team in the next season.

Thanks Guybrush. Enjoyed it. Wish we had one more game to watch.

But enjoy this. And good luck to you guys in your quest to repeat (man I wish one of my teams had a chance at a repeat).

Time for me to focus on the Tribe and Browns :(