Curry wins MVP!!!!!!!!!

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

All Star
» Mon May 04, 2015 4:23 am
Wow, am I dreamin?? A prestigious award that not even Rick Barry, Patrick Ewing, Dwayne Wade, John Stockton, Jason Kidd, Kevin Mchale, or Dominique can say they have won.

Curry joins the all times greats! Duncan, Dirk, Lebron, Michael, Magic, Bird, and Rose!!!! A sensational achievement. :D :D :D :) :-o :mrgreen: 8) :wink: :bday: :bday: :usa ::razz: ::lol: =D> =D> =D> [-X [-o< =P~

All Star
» Mon May 04, 2015 10:01 am
Stairway Man wrote:Wow, am I dreamin?? A prestigious award that not even Rick Barry, Patrick Ewing, Dwayne Wade, John Stockton, Jason Kidd, Kevin Mchale, or Dominique can say they have won.

Curry joins the all times greats! Duncan, Dirk, Lebron, Michael, Magic, Bird, and Rose!!!! A sensational achievement. :D :D :D :) :-o :mrgreen: 8) :wink: :bday: :bday: :usa ::razz: ::lol: =D> =D> =D> [-X [-o< =P~

The kid deserves it!

Every year his game has improved.

I remember when he was drafted thinking and posting how he was the best player in that draft class, not a true point guard, but a great player. Wow! Curry has even improved on his ability to even stay healthy (thank you, Jim Barnett on making the shoe change recommendation to Steph!).

I love how this team is not afraid, unlike the joke Mullin-Nelson teams which were built to entertain, to actually think "We are competing to win championships!"

Starting Lineup
» Mon May 04, 2015 1:40 pm
A well deserved award to Curry who this season established himself as a defensive threat along with being the hardest player in the NBA to guard. The best player on the best team. He is the MVP. :D

Starting Lineup
» Mon May 04, 2015 3:24 pm
proud to be a GSW fan!

well well well well deserved & expected based on a number of criteria and levels
glad it was unanimous, voters got it right
it's a team award as well

hard to believe the progress and upward trajectory that Curry, this team, this organization has made in the last few years. props to everyone in the organization. to think that this team was a laughing stock for decades, and now -- best record, MVP, great roster, and most importantly -- current contenders...just crazy.
grateful to witness history.

...and we ain't done! Go Dubs!!

Site Admin
» Mon May 04, 2015 4:00 pm
I've been saying it for months, not saying that as an "I told you so" or "called it" but I'm just not surprised at all. The only question was how big of a landslide it'd be.

Here's the tally (the TOTAL column is in pts):
I LOL'd @ someone voting for Klay.

I'd be lying if I said that Harden, or any one else, deserved it. Sure, maybe they would if they won 67 games (of if the Warriors didn't), but that's not the case.

Honestly, I debated this so much when it was still being contested over a month ago, but that was more out of battling stupidity than it was about me caring. It's a nice accolade, but as a fan, I only really care about winning at this point.

Anyways, not trying t be a Debbie Downer, congrats to Curry, but it's time to truly reward the fans of this team! We believe in you Threezus...

Hall of Famer
» Mon May 04, 2015 6:52 pm
Congrats to Steph Curry and the entire franchise. The first Golden State player to be named MVP and that's with a great list of alltime nba greats that have had lengthy careers here, like Nate Thurmond, Rick Barry, Tim Hardaway and Chris Mullin.

Be good to see the team go against Houston in the WCF and Curry outplay Harden.

Site Admin
» Tue May 05, 2015 7:47 am
I lied... I completely changed my mind after watching this...

Yeah, that hit me in the feels a little, and put some thing into perspective. Steph winning MVP means a lot more to me than I originally thought. This was just the first validation of a total turnaround by a team that had been the laughingstock of the league, and the embodiment of a true underdog story - for the player, the team, and the fans.