Where is everyone?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 644
» Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:46 pm
The Warriors Forum
Image
We have a potential championship winning team this season and everyone has cleared out of here. What the?

All Star
Posts: 3177
» Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:04 am
Yea it is a bit strange, I mean I work and do school fulltime(graduating in December) but I gotta watch and discuss the warriors. We have come along ways to were we are at now.
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 147
» Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:45 pm
Ringo, on a side note, where did you find that desolate pic, man???
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 644
» Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:19 am
shalik wrote:Ringo, on a side note, where did you find that desolate pic, man???


Search on Google images for 'The road'
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 4048
» Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:20 am
Ringo wrote:
shalik wrote:Ringo, on a side note, where did you find that desolate pic, man???


Search on Google images for 'The road'

Great movie and an even better book...


Regarding the topic: yeah, us mods have been a little MIA, but I'm trying to make the effort to post at least twice a day from hear on out. Admittedly, I probably know the least about basketball ball out of all the regular members and other mods, so I need a little help.

This might sound cliche, but the mods have never made this place what it is, it's you guys. This doesn't really apply to members like Ringo, stepup, 32, Migs, etc (you guys have been consistent AF, and have carried this place at times), but be the change you want to see - I know plenty of people lurk this board (form traffic stats and logins), but I encourage you to post. Rarely does a post go without a discussion.


In other words, GO WARRIORS!
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:36 pm
I'm also adjusting to a new job that's taken up a boat load of my time... As a fan whose previously prided himself on not missing a game for seasons at a time, I blush to admit that last night was the first occassion I've had off work to watch the game live.

That being said, I've got 2 or 3 articles in cue at the moment, including a breakdown of our new acquisitions and a top 10 issues list that I've been known to churn out with some frequency. With my first shift off in 9 consecutive days tomorrow, I'll simply say: stay tuned! :mrgreen:
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 644
» Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:31 pm
32 wrote:I'm also adjusting to a new job that's taken up a boat load of my time... As a fan whose previously prided himself on not missing a game for seasons at a time, I blush to admit that last night was the first occassion I've had off work to watch the game live.

That being said, I've got 2 or 3 articles in cue at the moment, including a breakdown of our new acquisitions and a top 10 issues list that I've been known to churn out with some frequency. With my first shift off in 9 consecutive days tomorrow, I'll simply say: stay tuned! :mrgreen:


It's great to have you back 32. The forum has missed your input. I can't wait to read your breakdown. Now we just need to find 8th Ave, Pawno, Hobbes, Crackerz and Blackfoot.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22190
» Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:50 pm
Just read Nedovic has been waived. Wonder who the team will sign to take his place, thinking maybe Jermaine wants to be back or maybe another PG.

Could be that a Lee trade is in the making and we'd take back two players, so one roster spot had to be vacant. If so, likely he'd be going East.
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 4048
» Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:12 pm
migya wrote:Just read Nedovic has been waived. Wonder who the team will sign to take his place, thinking maybe Jermaine wants to be back or maybe another PG.

Could be that a Lee trade is in the making and we'd take back two players, so one roster spot had to be vacant. If so, likely he'd be going East.

Originally, I was going to say that I think you're in the wrong thread, but then I reread the the title and was all like, "huh, I can see how that works."
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22190
» Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:47 pm
JREED wrote:
migya wrote:Just read Nedovic has been waived. Wonder who the team will sign to take his place, thinking maybe Jermaine wants to be back or maybe another PG.

Could be that a Lee trade is in the making and we'd take back two players, so one roster spot had to be vacant. If so, likely he'd be going East.

Originally, I was going to say that I think you're in the wrong thread, but then I reread the the title and was all like, "huh, I can see how that works."



Didn't want to make a meaningless thread about it so thought he'd would be alright.

Channing Frye of Orlando looks good right now. Maybe they'd take Lee for Frye and someone else, like Harkless.
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 4048
» Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:22 am
Yeah, I see us having the same problem with offense off the bench as we had last season. I really had high hopes for Barbosa (not sure why, because I really hadn't seen him play lately), but it seems that he's lost his scoring ability and his boneheaded ability is higher than ever.

I thought that maybe Iggy coming off the bench and him being a higher scoring option would help his offense, but it looks like he's just as happy to defer to others as he was before.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22190
» Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:01 pm
Well either Green or Lee off the bench would give scoring and a few other areas as well so when healthy the team is well covered. I just think that if Lee is to be traded for likely good bench players that Frye's outside shooting ability could probably be a better asset than almost anything else, though having a somewhat one dimensional player can make him very ineffective if his shot is off.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5907
» Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:37 am
Just to chime in for a second.

When the team is winning. It's cruise control. no need to breakdown our woes and look into a crystal ball for our draft pick targets.

Winning solves everything.

The Warriors are silencing their critics and on the flipside.. they are silencing themselves (their fans) because there just isn't anything to bitch and moan about :-P
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 708
» Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:50 pm
F Frye. Dude shows up for work for just the paycheck and nothing else. Keep this team as-is. Don't change a thing. As-is, they're winning / dominating, zero complaints on this end. Greed is what derails teams (i.e. trade Lee). Trade players when you have to, not when you're just trying to play the grass is greener game like it's fantasy basketball.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22190
» Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:49 am
Yea I agree, right now don't change anything because it is working. It is almost like getting Lee back might be a negative. Frye has been awful this season and is not an option at all.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests